Verna CRDI Or the VW Vento Diesel Highline?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A question for people who have driven Vento Diesel,did anyone have a prob downshifting from 3rd to 2 gear in the car atleast in the beginning?

I like my Polo gearbox which got short-throw gear stick amongst the best in India (in my opinion) i had driven both Vento and Verna too, all these things depends on person to person why don't you take test drive Verna too and decide your self.

I think user is a best judge, and you will find some amazing thread of Verna here check them out.

I find it different, Vento has one of the smoothest boxes around. The same has been mentioned in some reviews too.

A question for people who have driven Vento Diesel,did anyone have a prob downshifting from 3rd to 2 gear in the car atleast in the beginning?
Nope.

Prepared a comparison between Hyunai Verna (1.6L) and VW Vento (1.6L) diesel, i am quite shock to notice few important vitals missing from the Verna official brochure, no kerb weight, GC and boot space details, why Hyundai wants to hide them [surprise]

I also found that ground clearance details of Verna is also missing from reviews of reputed automobiles websites like Autocar etc, read somewhere that Verna GC is 165MM but not sure about this figure anyone who knows about this thing please correct me.

Verna_Vento.JPG

Comparison between Hyundai Verna and VW Vento 1.6L

My uncle had driven both cars.

He found that the vento diesel's gearbox was notchy.when we said this Sales Executive of VW,he said that many others who have taken test drive felt the same and the petrol pones are nicer.A reviewer reported that the rapid's gearbox is a bit notchy,but the petrol ones are the slickest in the segment.

My uncle found that verna's gearbox is better than that of vento diesel and he found that verna was more comfortable to drive than the vento.He found the placement of the arm rest of vento to be a problem.

Verna is okay for city drives and gives good sudden bursts of power too..but..

For me its..
City-Verna.
Highway-None of them.
Joy of both worlds-Vento and if you want anything even better and at lower price then close your eyes and book a Rapid TDI.

Prepared a comparison between Hyunai Verna (1.6L) and VW Vento (1.6L) diesel, i am quite shock to notice few important vitals missing from the Verna official brochure, no kerb weight, GC and boot space details, why Hyundai wants to hide them [surprise]

I also found that ground clearance details of Verna is also missing from reviews of reputed automobiles websites like Autocar etc, read somewhere that Verna GC is 165MM but not sure about this figure anyone who knows about this thing please correct me.

View attachment 48444

Comparison between Hyundai Verna and VW Vento 1.6L
Verna costlier than Vento... [shock][surprise]
I always thought it was other way around....

Averahge ex showroom price of Vento Highline diesel and Fluidic Verna SX opt

Vento-Rs. 10,26,233

Verna-Rs. 10,66,336

The verna has six airbags,start/stop button,full keyless entry.

Rapid is a bit cheaper than Vento so i think you can look at that also,except for some service issues previously,guess it should have improved.

Thread Starter #29
Hey,
Looks like im going to have another Verna in the family. Its going to be the CRDI SX this time. I also considered the Honda City since my monthly travel is not more than 800-900kms. I really like the City but the lack of features is a put off. It has features which dont really matter to me-Sunroof, cruise control etc. Im looking to book the white colour CRDI SX. Will be paying the booking amount this week and hopefully i should have the car delivered by the end of this month. Thank you all for your advise and comments. Will keep you posted with the buying process etc. Thinking of installing the May my India In Dash system (AVN-R for Hyundai Verna: OE Fit 2-Din In-Dash Navigation and Entertainment Systems from MapmyIndia). Do you think it's worth it? Also, will it be a problem if i fit 3m sunfilms on my car (medium darkness)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom