Vehicle Insurance: General Questions & Discussions

Late Update: Alloys and Fuel line replaced under 1st claim. Total damage - ₹3500 (1000 Compulsory deductible + 5% of ₹28,000 Salvage charges + 300 for Bush for shockers + sth I don't remember). They took almost 10 days to return the vehicle as Fuel Line wasn't available locally and was sourced from Jaipur and bit more delay by Insurance surveyor.

Back from diwali holidays, I have sent the car to make 2nd Claim for the Dents on the left side. Fingers crossed.

Complete Breakup (Price + Tax) -
1) Wheel Assy (Alloys x 2) - 22,546 (+6313)
2) Fuel Line Assy - 3,725 (+1043)
3) Moulding Rocker LH - 1,959 (+548.61)
4) Bearing Front Susp - 573 (+160)
5) Cap RR B/Bar LH - 133 (+37)

Labor - 900
Parts Total - 28,939

GST @18% (Labor) - 162
GST @ 18% (Parts) - 8,102

Total - 38,104

Amount I had to pay -
Compulsory deductible - 1,000
Salvage Charges (5% of 1,2,3) - 1,806
Consumables (4,5) - 706
Total - 3500

Today, I renewed my 4-year old XUV 500's insurance policy with Royal Sundaram through Policy Bazaar, costing ₹ 12,538 for an IDV of ₹ 510,825 including 24x7 RSA with 50% NCB, one month ahead of the expiry date of the present policy with Tata AIG, who had quoted ₹ 15 k+. The irony was, I got an online quote for ₹ 13,500+ for a slightly higher IDV, when I directly visited Royal Sundaram's website. Their representative contacted me several times and persuaded me to take the policy through them as they have some offer, but was unable to explain the details and the reason for their higher quote. When he said that he could not match Policy Bazaar's quote/IDV, I took it through Policy Bazaar. My requirement is the one with the lowest premium as I am going to get a 50% NCB eligibility certificate after converting the comprehensive policy into third party for buying a new Nexon sometime in 2018! [:)]

Last edited:
Hello Every one, very recently I got my 1st car, VW Vento 1.2 TSI Automatic Highline Plus. But have got a problem. I feel, the dealer has sold me a Highline varient fitted with LED headlamps & Reverse Parking camera & sold it as Highline Plus (As those 2 were only differences). I feel so because: (Bare with the long post & sorry for one)

During Temporary registration, I got Highline typed at varient, when I asked about it, the sales guy told me the government website is not updated with Highlineplus varient & only highline was present. So, now the same Highline varient is present in Permanent registration certificate too

Also, initially, I got my receipts too on name of VW Vento 1.2 TSI AT Highline, but after pointingout he changed it and gave me new receipts with Highlineplus

Later, during delivery, in GST Invoice, he mentioned as Vento 1.2 MPI Auto Matic Highline Plus, & I pointed out about MPI and asked for a new one with TSI, he said, he informed the billing person to type carefully, but still he made a mistake. So, he said, he will give me a new one in a day or too.

Again In sales agreement form (as comes in a book), it was just mentioned as Highline varient.

So, after all these i am fearing that he might have fitted highline varient with extra fitting & sold me as Highline plus.

But, in Insurance it was mentioned every thing correctly, VW Vento 1.2 TSI Highline Plus.

So, should I be worried? If, it is how can I proceed? Is there a way I can confirm the varient using my engine number or chasis number from direct company itself?

Thanks for the help

A query on car insurance.
If the car is transferred from one person to another, does the buying person have to pay 3rd party insurance for the remainder part of the year (during the insurance transfer process)

So, should I be worried? If, it is how can I proceed? Thanks for the help
Hi Karthik, Please post this as a new thread so it attracts more audience.

A query on car insurance.
If the car is transferred from one person to another, does the buying person have to pay 3rd party insurance for the remainder part of the year (during the insurance transfer process)
There is an insurance transfer option along with name transfer so that no payment is required (in TamilNadu). I had signed that form when my bike was sold out last month. It may differ in your state so let's wait for other members' reply as well [:)].

Hello Every one, very recently I got my 1st car, VW Vento 1.2 TSI Automatic Highline Plus. But have got a problem. I feel, the dealer has sold me a Highline varient fitted with LED headlamps & Reverse Parking camera & sold it as Highline Plus (As those 2 were only differences). I feel so because: (Bare with the long post & sorry for one)

During Temporary registration, I got Highline typed at varient, when I asked about it, the sales guy told me the government website is not updated with Highlineplus varient & only highline was present. So, now the same Highline varient is present in Permanent registration certificate too

Also, initially, I got my receipts too on name of VW Vento 1.2 TSI AT Highline, but after pointingout he changed it and gave me new receipts with Highlineplus

Later, during delivery, in GST Invoice, he mentioned as Vento 1.2 MPI Auto Matic Highline Plus, & I pointed out about MPI and asked for a new one with TSI, he said, he informed the billing person to type carefully, but still he made a mistake. So, he said, he will give me a new one in a day or too.

Again In sales agreement form (as comes in a book), it was just mentioned as Highline varient.

So, after all these i am fearing that he might have fitted highline varient with extra fitting & sold me as Highline plus.

But, in Insurance it was mentioned every thing correctly, VW Vento 1.2 TSI Highline Plus.

So, should I be worried? If, it is how can I proceed? Is there a way I can confirm the varient using my engine number or chasis number from direct company itself?

Thanks for the help
All dealers in the country are misguiding customers like this only. Get your car checked from a local car sale purchase shop to be sure about it.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

Thanks for the help
You should definitely create a new thread and upload documents (hide your personal details)

A similar situation happened to a tbhp member.

www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-d...ells-him-fake-ed-converted-regular-rapid.html

Hi Friends,
I have Fiesta Classic Diesel Titanium Car and below are the details. I am looking for my car Insurance renewal, need advise / suggestions from fellow members here to make the final decision.

Car: Ford Fiesta classic Diesel Titanium
Registration Date: Jan 8, 2013
Manufacturing Year: Dec, 2012
Current Policy: Future Generali, Zero Dep Policy
Current NCB: 25%

I have been taking Zero dep policy for last five years (i.e. from the start) and I wanted to get the same this year as well ( which will be sixth year).
When I looked in Policy Bazar, I got below quotes. Below are my queries, can anyone please help me out.

1) Is it advisable to go for Zero Dep policy for sixth year
2) Which is better Tata AIG or HDFC Ergo? Only these two are giving zero dep
3) Should I go for basic Insurance with any other Insurance providers
4) Does the quotation looks fine?

Attachments

Nairrk

Honoured Member
I have been planning to replace my Alto K10 with a new AMT car and as of now I have shortlisted Tata Tiago XZA AMT.

Tata have recently came with Onam Offer and the News paper ad says that '' Free Insurance, Exchange Bonus Rs.25, 000, Scratch & Win, Bumper prizes etc.''.

Today, I checked with the dealer here who says that the total benefit as per this offer is Free Insurance & Rs.10000 exchange bonus. (Which totalling Rs.40000). I asked him to him to send me an estimate on which he adds Rs.4500 towards Bumber to Bumper Insurance.

This BTB Insurance is only an option if I need, otherwise normal insurance will be free as per the offer.

My question is what is special in BTB insurance than the normal insurance?

I have been planning to replace my Alto K10 with a new AMT car and as of now I have shortlisted Tata Tiago XZA AMT.

Tata have recently came with Onam Offer and the News paper ad says that '' Free Insurance, Exchange Bonus Rs.25, 000, Scratch & Win, Bumper prizes etc.''.

Today, I checked with the dealer here who says that the total benefit as per this offer is Free Insurance & Rs.10000 exchange bonus. (Which totalling Rs.40000). I asked him to him to send me an estimate on which he adds Rs.4500 towards Bumber to Bumper Insurance.

This BTB Insurance is only an option if I need, otherwise normal insurance will be free as per the offer.

My question is what is special in BTB insurance than the normal insurance?
Take the B2B it's same as zero dep, please recheck with your insurance provider or, with the zero dep you pay a little more than comprehensive insurance.

Hope this helps.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Take the B2B it's same as zero dep, please recheck with your insurance provider or, with the zero dep you pay a little more than comprehensive insurance.

Hope this helps.
Thanks. I will have to take insurance through the dealer only by paying Rs.4500 (BTB Insurance) otherwise I will not get the 'Free Insurance offer' from them (Total Insurance amount as quoted by them is Rs.27, 215 and the comprehensive Ins amount is Rs.22719 which is free under their offer scheme).

You will have not pay anything for claim except documentation charges.
No depreciation factor would be added while parts or any other things during claim. 100% of price would be paid.
Just to be clear (as somebody in the insurance industry) this means 100% of the surveyor's assessment and not the repair invoice.
Because any claim will only include damages incurred in that particular accident. If you choose to repair or touch up any other older damages along with this claim, those will still not be covered.

Top Bottom