Veedub Polo Trendline vs Comfortline (Booked Trendline)

Re: Veedub Polo Trendline vs Comfortline: Booked Trendline

i have already booked one (White TL), and will be delivered around 10th March.
Congrats for booking your Polo, you will surely love your decision in future.

I purchased the textile foot maps from the dealer itself they are anti skid and designed for Polo so fits well in floor and stick to them. I think they costed me around 1300-1400 bucks, i would suggest you Kagu 3D mats they are the best in terms of fit-finish and quality but will cost you anything from 5000-5500 bucks they are available online also.

Last edited:

Can you guys throw some light on the tyres in TL...A few guys were not happy with the tyres..

Has anyone changed to alloys or using the same ones?

Can you guys throw some light on the tyres in TL...A few guys were not happy with the tyres..

I was also thinking to change the stock tires to alloy with more wide and silent tires. But after driving for a while I observed that mine JK stock tires are not that bad. Those are adequate. Couple of time I had to brake hard on highways while doing high speed but both the time car was in straight line.

They will feel noisy in starting but after clocking few kms they will get little less noisy.

BTW do you have any idea which tires you will get? Earlier there were two stock tires used to come with Polo - Apollo Accelere and JK. But recently I visited service station and saw a new petrol polo with MRF ZVTS and those were looking nice and I touched them to feel hardness, they felt quite soft, not as premium tires but those were good. Though don't know how would they perform but if VW has started using them then they must have been tasted.

I was also thinking to change the stock tires to alloy with more wide and silent tires. But after driving for a while I observed that mine JK stock tires are not that bad. Those are adequate. Couple of time I had to brake hard on highways while doing high speed but both the time car was in straight line.

They will feel noisy in starting but after clocking few kms they will get little less noisy.

BTW do you have any idea which tires you will get? Earlier there were two stock tires used to come with Polo - Apollo Accelere and JK. But recently I visited service station and saw a new petrol polo with MRF ZVTS and those were looking nice and I touched them to feel hardness, they felt quite soft, not as premium tires but those were good. Though don't know how would they perform but if VW has started using them then they must have been tasted.
Thanks a lot for the info.Nope I have no iea about the tyres that ill be getting.

One more thing,people here are scaring me off saying not to go for VW as maintenance is very high.Is it seriously that high?

Polo owners can you give more info on this.

Is it just a misconception or its actually very very high?

I am about to purchase polo 1.2(p) Comfortline in Delhi.The price being offered is 520500 (Ex -Showroom) Ins (Bajaj Allianz 0 Depericiation)for 23277 registratio 25490 wax polish & no Plate 6000 wih 0 Discounts Total 575000 .anybody has any suggestions on it and dealer is insisting on his insurance saying volkswagen has exclusive tieup with bajaj .Can outside insurance with bajaj has the same benefit because i want comprehensive insurance from bajaj . Also can i transfer No claim Bonus from other car without selling or transferring the car.

Thanks a lot for the info.Nope I have no iea about the tyres that ill be getting.

One more thing,people here are scaring me off saying not to go for VW as maintenance is very high.Is it seriously that high?

No, It is not a misconception it is a hard truth. If maintained cost really matter to you on than leave the VW and get any Japanese/Korean/Indian car.

Man that cost is worth for the pleasure we get while driving Polo. As far as you have ext. warranty, B2B 0% depreciation insurance policy and good relations with dealer than you won't be facing much trouble.

I am about to purchase polo 1.2(p) Comfortline in Delhi.The price being offered is 520500 (Ex -Showroom) Ins (Bajaj Allianz 0 Depericiation)for 23277 registratio 25490 wax polish & no Plate 6000 wih 0 Discounts Total 575000 .anybody has any suggestions on it and dealer is insisting on his insurance saying volkswagen has exclusive tieup with bajaj .Can outside insurance with bajaj has the same benefit because i want comprehensive insurance from bajaj . Also can i transfer No claim Bonus from other car without selling or transferring the car.
Leave that wax/Teflon polish and number plate package, its not worth, atleast not at this huge cost. A normal wax polishing is enough to keep the car in shining condition and you can do it yourself 3-4 times in a year yourself and it will cost you 10 times less than the quoted price.

You can transfer the no claim bonus from previous car/policy but I think you will need to talk outside than the dealership. I would say try to transfer that no-claim bonus, it will reduce the premium to very good extent. But in this process make sure that you are getting a B2B 0% depreciation insurance policy, it is strongly recommended.

Last edited:

No, It is not a misconception it is a hard truth. If maintained cost really matter to you on than leave the VW and get any Japanese/Korean/Indian car.

Man that cost is worth for the pleasure we get while driving Polo. As far as you have ext. warranty, B2B 0% depreciation insurance policy and good relations with dealer than you won't be facing much trouble.

Leave that wax/Teflon polish and number plate package, its not worth, atleast not at this huge cost. A normal wax polishing is enough to keep the car in shining condition and you can do it yourself 3-4 times in a year yourself and it will cost you 10 times less than the quoted price.

You can transfer the no claim bonus from previous car/policy but I think you will need to talk outside than the dealership. I would say try to transfer that no-claim bonus, it will reduce the premium to very good extent. But in this process make sure that you are getting a B2B 0% depreciation insurance policy, it is strongly recommended.
Thanks Amippjpr :) that post of yours made me feel better!

No its not about the maintenance cost, its the peoples reaction when I tell them I'm planning to buy a Polo that scares me.But I dont think Ill change my decision.

Btw Which model do you own?

Thanks Amippjpr :) that post of yours made me feel better!

No its not about the maintenance cost, its the peoples reaction when I tell them I'm planning to buy a Polo that scares me.But I dont think Ill change my decision.

Btw Which model do you own?
Polo 1.2TDI is great car, it is fuel efficient as well as has great torque and capable to reach 180 km/h, one can easily manage to drive constantly at 130-140 if conditions allow. Handling, control and high sped stability are confidence inspiring.

I don't know why most people keep crying about 3 cyl character. 1.2 TDI is smooth engine and produces soft grunty sound. I have drive FIGO and Swifts too but I can feel vibration it those cars, especially FIGO's NVH levels are terrible, I can't bear that but in Polo we can hear the smooth torquy sound without vibration. If music is playing than we can't even judge at what RPMs the car is running. No vibration. By the time engine gets more smooth.

Actually VW's 3 cylinder engines were underestimated. All over the world Polo has many engines like 3cyl-1.2 MPI, 3cyl-1.2TSI, 3cyl-1.2TDI, 4cyl-1.6MPI etc but most anticipated engine is 3 cylinder 1.2 TSI (petrol) which is most powerful through all the engine ranges available in Polo (unfortunately we don't have that in India)

Mine is 1.2 TDI TL.

Polo 1.2TDI is great car, it is fuel efficient as well as has great torque and capable to reach 180 km/h, one can easily manage to drive constantly at 130-140 if conditions allow. Handling, control and high sped stability are confidence inspiring.

I don't know why most people keep crying about 3 cyl character. 1.2 TDI is smooth engine and produces soft grunty sound. I have drive FIGO and Swifts too but I can feel vibration it those cars, especially FIGO's NVH levels are terrible, I can't bear that but in Polo we can hear the smooth torquy sound without vibration. If music is playing than we can't even judge at what RPMs the car is running. No vibration. By the time engine gets more smooth.

Actually VW's 3 cylinder engines were underestimated. All over the world Polo has many engines like 3cyl-1.2 MPI, 3cyl-1.2TSI, 3cyl-1.2TDI, 4cyl-1.6MPI etc but most anticipated engine is 3 cylinder 1.2 TSI (petrol) which is most powerful through all the engine ranges available in Polo (unfortunately we don't have that in India)

Mine is 1.2 TDI TL.
I cant thank you enough for the amount of guidance you are giving me here! Thanks a lot for that. I'm actually planning to go for the same model as yours considering my usage.

One more clarification I need.There are rumours that diesel vehicles will be charged extra 80k from next financial year.Any idea about this? If yes, ill close the deal by march end :) the showroom guy has promised delivery date within 10 days from booking date.

Also, do we get any free accessories or should I claim any?
I have decided to go for body coloured handle and side mirror.
The road tax in K'taka is way too high :(

I got Apollo Acelere stock tyres with my Polo they are till now performed well, very less noise and planted ride you can request dealer for Apollo Acelere as stock.

We can say that maintain cost of Polo is not the cheapest but also not the highest compare to other hatchback's available in India, kindly check below stat for more details:

SRCkI.jpg

Source: Autocar India Forum

He is bluffing my VW dealer offered me ICICI insurance with 7K discount for CL diesel Polo, try to get quote from other VW dealer in Delhi and then compare the offer.

One more clarification I need.There are rumours that diesel vehicles will be charged extra 80k from next financial year.Any idea about this? If yes, ill close the deal by march end :) the showroom guy has promised delivery date within 10 days from booking date.
I have been hearing this since last 2 financial years. I bought mine car last year and made efforts to get the deal done before march ending becasue same news was spreading all over. I can't say anything for sure, but I think chances are less. But who knows what happens after ongoing elections.

Also, do we get any free accessories or should I claim any?
I have decided to go for body coloured handle and side mirror.
The road tax in K'taka is way too high :(
I don't think there are any official offers going on for free accessories. May be some dealer have individual offers, try to bargain with your dealer. I even had to pay Rs 450 for the steel key ring, when SA told me the price, I replied him "Is this made of Silver":lol!:

Don't remember exactly but I paid 3K or 3.5K for painting door handles and ORVMs.

Thread Starter #44
Hi i advise you to purchase insurance from the dealer though you would get it for less outside or online.... it is hasslefree. and it is true that VW india has a tie up with Bajaj Allianz (in europe too i guess), this is to make repairs and claim process less hassle, obviously they charge a premium.

Top Bottom