Veedub Polo Trendline vs Comfortline (Booked Trendline)

Thread Starter #1
Hi
I would like to buy a new car and seriously considering veedub polo TDI trendline or comfortline, since i don't think much value for the additional money with comfortline, i'm thinking about trendline, however i must need a cd player and want the doorhandles and mirror matched with body colour.
can some one suggest if my judgement about trendline over comfortline is correct. and how much do the additional accessories cost.

i'm sorry if i post it in a wrong section, i request the mod team to move this to the appropriate section if required.

Thanks
yesvee

re: Veedub Polo Trendline vs Comfortline: Booked Trendline

I would always recommend you to go for a car with ABS & Airbags. But since neither comfortline nor Highline has any safety features, I guess you can go with the Trendline.

VW will paint the door handles & ORVMs in body colour for you, for Rs. 6000/-.

It is always better to have an aftermarket music system. They will be much cheaper & much better quality. But do it from a reputed installer, else you will lose your warranty.

350Z

Core Team

Welcome aboard to The Automotive India. Yes, You can safely opt for Trendline as I don’t see a major difference in feature between the two variants. The only things which you are going to miss are: Body coloured exterior parts, split folding rear seats, parcel tray, rear power windows, height adjust and music system. Except two, rest of the features can be installed aftermarket at considerably lesser amount (if at all needed).

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #4

Thanks for your suggestions, i visited a dealer today and the sales guy told me the additional costs for trendline.
Music system Rs.14k
parcel tray Rs.1500
Body color paint for handles and ORVM Rs.3500

i feel the music system is expensive, can some one suggest a better one which is compatble with polo (i need the model no too)

thanks again...
yesvee

@yesvee

My suggestion is go for Trendline, since your budget doesn't permit highline which has ABS/Airbags. Comfortline is a waste of another 60-70 k with a little value addition. Trendline is the best value for money proposition for Polo.

A strict NO to aftermarket electrical accessories. VW dealers have a kenwood usb music sytem which cost around 14k with 4 speakers and my experience is it is more than sufficient if you are not buying a car for the sake of listening to music.

Do not waste money on getting door handles and ORVM painted. Black colour adds to its beauty by providing a little contrast flavor. Also the ORVM's are prone to get scratches which in case of black will not be a worry. The same amount you can use for having rear parking sensors which cost around 4k.

Let me tell you another good aspect of not having rear power windows. In case of emergency you can roll down mechanical windows of rear doors and escape easily, if you are not able to break front one. Frankly i always wanted rear mechanical windows in my car.

Rest best of luck. You are buying India's hottest hatch.[thumbsup]

@350z
Have you purchased Fiesta classic 2012? Congrates if i am right.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #6

@ashikawa
thanks for the post, it is very helpful...and to tell you the truth i too initially liked the black color on door handles and mirrors, since everyone is raving about the matching colors i thought of changing them, i'm not changing them now as i found some one else to have the same opinion as i do.
and good idea i'll get the parking sensors.

Thanks for your suggestions, i visited a dealer today and the sales guy told me the additional costs for trendline.
Music system Rs.14k

i feel the music system is expensive, can some one suggest a better one which is compatble with polo (i need the model no too)
Which music system is it? I bought a Kenwood 546BTU from aftermarket shop at around 10K (With bill). This same HU was offered by dealer at 18K (with Nippon speakers). But I didn't find value in that so opted for aftermarket one.

I think you are getting other Kenwood HU which doesn't has Bluetooth function but that is available in the market at price of 6-7K.

If you like to hear music in the car than you will definitely change the speakers within few days, VW speakers are not good. Go for some decent components. A pair at front door is enough in Polo. I think you can get a pair of 6.5" around 5-10K (depends on the chosen brand/make).

Thread Starter #10

Hi
I know i can get much better car audio for 15k which is quoting, when i asked the dealer if they would fix it if i buy from aftermarket. One of my friends is coming from US next month, i'm thinking to get one from him, but i'm not sure if any car audio will fit in any car
(i know it should be single DIN)

Also i'm little concerned if there would be any warranty issue if i get it fixed outside.

any suggestions...

Also i'm little concerned if there would be any warranty issue if i get it fixed outside.

any suggestions...
As far as there is no wire cut and proper sockets are used, there is no warranty concern but it is advised to first talk about all this with your dealer. I don't think that dealer will fit a aftermarket unit for you, you'll have to get it installed from outside.

As your friend is coming from US, it would be better to get a OE looking 2DIN HU from there, plenty of options are available there which look like original and gel pretty nicely with the central console.

Thread Starter #12

@amippjpr
Thanks for your advice, i certainly would like to get it done outside and make sure there are no cuts.

i read some where in this forum that 2 DIN ICE will not fit in polo unless some thing else is also changed, i'm ok with the 1 DIN, but what should i look for in buying a car audio, so that it fits in my car. I've knowledge about the power and quality issues, but not sure any single DIN car audio bought in USA suits polo. please reply.
Thanks

no issues buddy go for trendline only! dont get hu from USA. well maybe it wont catch radio indian signals properly. plz correct me if am wrong!

Thread Starter #15

Hi
Is it possible to fit the audio with out any cuts, basically why does any technician cut the wire if it is possible to do without cuts.
i double checked with the dealer and he confirmed that as far as there aren't any cuts it is fine with the warranty.

Top Bottom