Varun Motors (Maruti Suzuki), Hyderabad

Thread Starter #1
The thought of getting a new car is very exciting. However, my experience with Varum Motors Begumpet has been nothing short of a tragedy.

Booking
I booked a Vitara Brezza ZDI+ in October 2016 by paying Rs. 21000/-.
The booking was done by a Mr Sudhakar Reddy. I was informed that the official waiting period is about 6 months but sometimes the vehicles are delivered faster. So far so good.

I was offered a test drive. The overall booking experience was about average. This is because they asked for cash for the booking. Paying with a debit card would incur extra charges. I walked about 300 - 400m to get to an ATM.

The Waiting Game
About a month later (mid November) I called Mr Sudhakar asking for the status of the waiting list. He was driving at the time and informed me he'll update me as soon as he reaches the dealership.

I waited for about 2 weeks but that update never came. So I decided to visit the dealership.

A glimmer of hope
I went there on a Sunday towards the end of November and was informed that I might be getting the vehicle by mid-December. I was super excited.

However, Mr Sudhakar informed me that he'll have to confirm with his manager and that he'll call me on Monday.
I didn't get any call on Monday. Needless to say I wasn't happy with this.

Almost home
About 10 days went by and I suddenly get a call from Sudhakar informing me that a vehicle has been allotted to me. Superb!

I asked that he send me the VIN number of the vehicle that has been allotted to me to which he replied he'll send the VIN in some time.

Due to commitments at work I wasn't able to take a leave. So, I informed him that I'll make the payments on Saturday and take the delivery on Monday.

Going down hill
I didn't receive the VIN number - making it the 3rd time a commitment had been broken.

I wasn't surprised but I was getting a little weary. If a company isn't bothered to treat a person whose about to spend close to 12 Lakh Rupees with them that sends the wrong signals.

I went to the dealership after 2 days and gave the documents for loan processing. I asked them HDFC rep if there's a fee for part-prepayment and he happily said "No saar, no penalty". However, when I read the application form it clearly stated that there's a penalty for pre-payments.

Although I cannot blame Varun Motor for this - it gives a bad feeling. One tends to think "If they're lying about this, what else are they lying about".

While giving the documents I asked if I could see the vehicle. I was informed that the vehicle is at the yard and will come tomorrow and I can inspect it then.

I went the next day and Mr Sudhakar wasn't present. I informed the receptionist that I'm here to see the vehicle that I'm getting. Someone from Sudhakar's team took me to the building next door to show me the vehicle.

The vehicle that I was shown was manufactured in October. This sent alarm bells ringing. If Brezza commands such a high waiting period how can they afford to keep the vehicles in "stock" for months?

Cancelling the booking
I decided that I'll cancel the booking. I came back that weekend and met Sudhakar and informed him of my decision to cancel the booking. I mentioned:

1. No VIN number was shared with me when I asked. To this he replied that his manager didn't allot a VIN which is why he could not share it.
2. I asked him about the October manufactured vehicle that I was shown. To that he just said you'll get a December manufactured vehicle only.

I conveyed my final decision to cancel the booking as I wasn't comfortable. To be honest I didn't trust him anymore.

He pleaded to come on Monday, meet his manager and get the issue about not getting the VIN number clarified. I relented and said OK I'll meet your manager.

I came back on Monday and when I asked for Sudhakar, I'm told he's not here. I fail to understand how can you promise something to a customer and then ignore it.

By now I had lost all respect for him and I just filled up the cancellation form and submitted the documents they needed.

After a couple of days I get a call and I'm told that I need to submit a cancelled cheque as well. I don't understand how the forgot to mention this when I submitted the other documents.

I submit the cancelled cheque with them around 26th or 27th December. I was told that my cheque should be ready by 29th or 30th.

Gimme my money
I went to the dealership on 7th January and asked for my cheque. I was informed by Sudhakar that the cheque isn't ready as he was on leave for the last 3 days.

That didn't make sense to me as I was informed that the cheque would be ready by 30th. Even if he was on leave for 4 days it doesn't explain why the cheque wasn't ready on 30th December. When I confronted him with this he had no straight answer and was mumbling something about the cheque needing someone's sign.

He emphatically told me that he'll get the cheque ready by Monday (9th Jan) and deliver it to me personally at my office or home.

I called Sudhakar today and he hasn't been answering my calls.

I have now filed a complaint with Maruti in hopes that they'll try and help me get the money back.

The thought of getting a new car is very exciting. However, my experience with Varum Motors Begumpet has been nothing short of a tragedy.

Booking
I booked a Vitara Brezza ZDI+ in October 2016 by paying Rs. 21000/-.
The booking was done by a Mr Sudhakar Reddy. I was informed that the official waiting period is about 6 months but sometimes the vehicles are delivered faster. So far so good.

I was offered a test drive. The overall booking experience was about average. This is because they asked for cash for the booking. Paying with a debit card would incur extra charges. I walked about 300 - 400m to get to an ATM.

The Waiting Game
About a month later (mid November) I called Mr Sudhakar asking for the status of the waiting list. He was driving at the time and informed me he'll update me as soon as he reaches the dealership.

I waited for about 2 weeks but that update never came. So I decided to visit the dealership.

A glimmer of hope
I went there on a Sunday towards the end of November and was informed that I might be getting the vehicle by mid-December. I was super excited.

However, Mr Sudhakar informed me that he'll have to confirm with his manager and that he'll call me on Monday.
I didn't get any call on Monday. Needless to say I wasn't happy with this.

Almost home
About 10 days went by and I suddenly get a call from Sudhakar informing me that a vehicle has been allotted to me. Superb!

I asked that he send me the VIN number of the vehicle that has been allotted to me to which he replied he'll send the VIN in some time.

Due to commitments at work I wasn't able to take a leave. So, I informed him that I'll make the payments on Saturday and take the delivery on Monday.

Going down hill
I didn't receive the VIN number - making it the 3rd time a commitment had been broken.

I wasn't surprised but I was getting a little weary. If a company isn't bothered to treat a person whose about to spend close to 12 Lakh Rupees with them that sends the wrong signals.

I went to the dealership after 2 days and gave the documents for loan processing. I asked them HDFC rep if there's a fee for part-prepayment and he happily said "No saar, no penalty". However, when I read the application form it clearly stated that there's a penalty for pre-payments.

Although I cannot blame Varun Motor for this - it gives a bad feeling. One tends to think "If they're lying about this, what else are they lying about".

While giving the documents I asked if I could see the vehicle. I was informed that the vehicle is at the yard and will come tomorrow and I can inspect it then.

I went the next day and Mr Sudhakar wasn't present. I informed the receptionist that I'm here to see the vehicle that I'm getting. Someone from Sudhakar's team took me to the building next door to show me the vehicle.

The vehicle that I was shown was manufactured in October. This sent alarm bells ringing. If Brezza commands such a high waiting period how can they afford to keep the vehicles in "stock" for months?

Cancelling the booking
I decided that I'll cancel the booking. I came back that weekend and met Sudhakar and informed him of my decision to cancel the booking. I mentioned:

1. No VIN number was shared with me when I asked. To this he replied that his manager didn't allot a VIN which is why he could not share it.
2. I asked him about the October manufactured vehicle that I was shown. To that he just said you'll get a December manufactured vehicle only.

I conveyed my final decision to cancel the booking as I wasn't comfortable. To be honest I didn't trust him anymore.

He pleaded to come on Monday, meet his manager and get the issue about not getting the VIN number clarified. I relented and said OK I'll meet your manager.

I came back on Monday and when I asked for Sudhakar, I'm told he's not here. I fail to understand how can you promise something to a customer and then ignore it.

By now I had lost all respect for him and I just filled up the cancellation form and submitted the documents they needed.

After a couple of days I get a call and I'm told that I need to submit a cancelled cheque as well. I don't understand how the forgot to mention this when I submitted the other documents.

I submit the cancelled cheque with them around 26th or 27th December. I was told that my cheque should be ready by 29th or 30th.

Gimme my money
I went to the dealership on 7th January and asked for my cheque. I was informed by Sudhakar that the cheque isn't ready as he was on leave for the last 3 days.

That didn't make sense to me as I was informed that the cheque would be ready by 30th. Even if he was on leave for 4 days it doesn't explain why the cheque wasn't ready on 30th December. When I confronted him with this he had no straight answer and was mumbling something about the cheque needing someone's sign.

He emphatically told me that he'll get the cheque ready by Monday (9th Jan) and deliver it to me personally at my office or home.

I called Sudhakar today and he hasn't been answering my calls.

I have now filed a complaint with Maruti in hopes that they'll try and help me get the money back.
Really pity full experience. Maruti and Honda dealership experiences are never good in general. How can they ask 2% extra for debit card transactions and asking tax. This way of earning extra money and avoiding tax should be taken seriously. That too they wasted so much of your time of life when you would have been enjoying your car. Nonetheless you have to be in waiting again for a new car. I suggest go for Ford Ecosport or something else. Don't know what Maruti guys think of themselves by selling cans [frustration]

Thread Starter #3
Really pity full experience....I suggest go for Ford Ecosport or something else. Don't know what Maruti guys think of themselves by selling cans [frustration]
The only reason I went to this dealer is because my experience with them in 2012 was wonderful.

Incidentally my sister also faced a similar problem when she booked an Alto AMT with them in 2015 (they were pushing her to buy a vehicle in December in a colour she didn't want). She warned me to stay away from them but I didn't listen [frustration]

On a side note, I loved the Ecosport's driving characteristics, but the wife loved Brezza's bling! [lol] I've booked a Royal Enfield 500 STD now, will be using my Alto for a few more years.

UPDATE:
Just managed to speak to the SA and he says he'll come and hand over the cheque to me by 2 - 3 PM today.

They are the worst. Received couple of call for renewing insurance for Baleno and they promised to give me a coupon for wheel balancing and alignment. But the day when I took the insurance they said they don’t have stock of coupons. It’s been two month but no news of getting the coupon.

Thread Starter #5
They are the worst. Received couple of call for renewing insurance for Baleno and they promised to give me a coupon for wheel balancing and alignment. But the day when I took the insurance they said they don’t have stock of coupons. It’s been two month but no news of getting the coupon.
That's bad! Treating a customer like this is a sure way of loosing customer loyalty.

BTW, love your user name :D

Update 2:
The sales rep came to my office and handed over the cheque to me. This was the only time he kept his promise - after I filed a complaint.

While handing over the cheque he brought a customer satisfaction form which basically said that the problem has been resolved. I wrote that I have no pending issues with them.

However he asked me if I can also write that this was not a complaint but only and inquiry about the cheque. I refused.

On the whole, not a pleasant experience. I will never be going back to them.

Top Bottom