Valve Clearance For Bajaj Pulsar 150

Thread Starter #1
Hello, i want to do tappet setting to my pulsar 150 2003 model. Can anybody expert here tell the exact valve clearance for inlet and exhaust valves ?

Hi,
difficult to match exact model. However a typical small engine will run about 0.06mm inlet and 0.10mm exhaust. Measured when the engine is cold. Make sure the clearance is at least the figures quoted and not a tight fit. Insufficient clearance can result in burnt valves, excess clearance results in extra rattle.
The figures above will allow you use the bike, ideally continue your search for exact values.
Regards Neil

Hi Vijay,
I live in the UK and spend 4 months of our winter in Goa.The only in depth experience I have of Indian models it the Suzuki Access 125. I have an 8 year old Access Gen 1, slightly modified for better "pick up" and hill climbing.
However, I did find some original tech spec for the Pulsar 135/150 during lunchtime at work yesterday.
Inlet 0•05mm
Exhaust 0•10mm
I Googled Pulsar 150 valve tappet clearance. Found thes values mentioned is 3 different tech spec articles.
Regards Neil

Thread Starter #5
I too did some net search about that. Inlet is same 0.05 everywhere but exhaust values are different .some says 0.10 and others say its 0.08 ?

Hi, I would go for 0.10mm exhaust valve clearance. Valve clearances for this model are all +/- 0•01
mm. If it sounds too "tappety" drop it to 0•09mm. It will still be within the +/- 0•01mm range for both the options of 0•10mm and 0•08mm, you can't loose.
Regards NeiI
If you are going to do a lot of wide open long distance riding, leave it at 0•10mm
Regards Neil

Top Bottom