Used Royal Enfield Price Advice

Thread Starter #1
HI

First of all if I have posted in wrong section then please move it to correct one and I apologize for wrong place.

I am looking to buy used royal enfield, I have 3 options, 1 is not good condition bike with tyres, rims rotten, engine making rattling sounds and very bad paint condtion, price is 28K quoted by owner (here its direct deal with owner). What is its right price ?
Rest two are through mechanic,
Second option is 2002 model good condition electra Rs. 40K asked by owner
Third is again 1994 bullet stnd Rs. 35K asked by owner but in good condition.

What if I buy first option for some lesser price like 24-25k, can I get it in mind condition in Rs. 15K more ?
Please advice.

Re: Used royal enfield price advice (urgent)

Good to know your buying a bullet.
Leave the first as yourself said its not in good condition you said. Pls tell which year model.
2 one 2002 model seems to be worth as it will have some right side brake and this one 1995 would be on the right side.cprrect me if im wrong.

REGARDS
RAJ

Thread Starter #3

Oh my bad, I forgot to mention its year, its 2001 , he is quoting 28K but can get it for 24-25K , is it worth?
In this condition what should be its correct price?

Last edited by a moderator:

i think you can buy both first and second are 2001 and 2002 models are good to buy don't go for 1994 model. I think if the buy the first one(2001 model) and do restoration works it will fetch you to about 40k. if you buy this 2002 model with negotiation in price is worth.And if your really interested in doing restoration project buy the first one and restore.

the prices really surprises me. the only reason i stayed away from RE Bullet is that the price was too high. if you can get a decent bullet for 35-40k in Mathura then i may even think of coming there are buying one!

Thread Starter #6
Then I think I am at loss, the 2001 guy got better deal elsewhere and he is no more showing interest. Kannan, are you sure I am getting them at good price ?

i dont know the market in mathura, at kerala ernakulam my close friend had to pay 1.10 lakh for a 1990 bullet, he spent some 5k on it.

another cousin got a bad bullet for 20k (brought to service station in lorry) and then spent ~90k on it to make it riding condition

Thread Starter #8
Is it pre 2000 make are costly ?
And spending 90K , he may have done lots of modification / customization .

1 is not good condition bike with tyres, rims rotten, engine making rattling sounds and very bad paint condtion, price is 28K quoted by owner (here its direct deal with owner). What is its right price ? .
Try and bargain to 20-25K.

Second option is 2002 model good condition electra Rs. 40K asked by owner.
Electra's are not very popular. Resale is less too

Third is again 1994 bullet stnd Rs. 35K asked by owner but in good condition.
This looks to be the best option.

What if I buy first option for some lesser price like 24-25k, can I get it in mind condition in Rs. 15K more ?Please advice.
Simple answer is no. As a thumb rule the bike + restoration = 60K.

Thread Starter #14
I have found another bike, took trial yesterday, its Thunderbird 2006 make, very good condition, he asking Rs. 45K

Now I am concerned, is it that resale value of Thunderbird is lesser than RE std ?

Top Bottom