URGENT: ICE for i10 Magna.

Thread Starter #1
Please help me out. We need a basic stereo.

HU - Which brand should I go in for?
Front Speakers - Component Speakers or Co-axials? Which Brand? 2Way or 3Way?
Rear Speakers - Might be fitted at a later stage. Which Brand? 2 Way or 3Way?
Is it better to go in for Front Comps. only or Front Co-axials + Rear Co - Axials?

Budget: Not more than Rs 15000 (w/ or w/o Rear Speakers)

"The Cheaper the Better"

a pioneer mp3 player .4800~
front co ax jbl 4700~4900 (its mrp is 5990 , but sold at this rate everywhere)
a sony or jbl 2 channel amp- 4000~

If you can extend a little bit about 2K go for rear co ax . Not a big harm if you leave them.

Please help me out. We need a basic stereo.

HU - Which brand should I go in for?
Go for Pioneer - Rs. 6000/-

Front Speakers - Component Speakers or Co-axials? Which Brand? 2Way or 3Way?
2 way JBL components (Also try for Kicker/Auditor) - Rs. 4500-5500/-

Rear Speakers - Might be fitted at a later stage. Which Brand? 2 Way or 3Way?
Wont come in your budget now, but you can look at JBL, Polk or Ground Zero.

Is it better to go in for Front Comps. only or Front Co-axials + Rear Co - Axials?
of course, comps. Add a 2 ch amp for the comps - Rs. 3000/-

Installation charges - Rs. 1000/-

Budget: Not more than Rs 15000 (w/ or w/o Rear Speakers)
total comes to 15k. the only thing not included in this is wiring. please do add good wiring else everything will go for a toss!

Last edited:
Thread Starter #7
I think I will go in for Front Comp.s, the ones you suggested, and the Pioneer HU. That's it. Should I go in for a HU with 2RCA pre-out or one?
I shall check out how this combo goes, and add an amp. (and rear speakers) if we feel the need for them later. Thanks a ton Raj, for your kind help, and Ilango too.

I would recommend Raj's suggestion. But i say increase your budget to 20k and get rear co-axials and good quality branded wires.

I feel 2 RCA outs will give a better SQ and output , am i right guys? And hey add a 2 channel amp definitely if you go for front comps. Else you cannot realize the effect of a component speaker.

Amp in your case i think will be placed under the front seats.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #9
So I either go in for fr. component speaker spkrs + 2 Channel Amp, if not, just 2 front Co-axials and 2 Rear Co-Axials? We just want a basic stereo with decent quality, as the car is mainly for my grandpa. We can have a better set-up on our upcoming new car, say Fiesta.

I think I will go in for Front Comp.s, the ones you suggested, and the Pioneer HU. That's it. Should I go in for a HU with 2RCA pre-out or one?
go for a 2 RCA one, it will come in your budget.

I shall check out how this combo goes, and add an amp. (and rear speakers) if we feel the need for them later. Thanks a ton Raj, for your kind help, and Ilango too.
no mention. but you will definitely need an amp for the comps. if you are not adding an amp, dont install comps!

I 'indirectly' heard from Ramie that "soundstream" comps run well even without an amp. but that itself is expensive, i think, 6.5k.

for your grandpa, i think just buy the pio HU, front comps & a 2 ch amp. this will give him good quality music.

leave the co-axials for the rear. co-axials are passe now & not at all ideal for quality sound. infact, these days nobody installs co-axials in the front. now its the trend of comps, both in front & rear.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #12
Okie. I think I'll add the Amp. Just Rs 3000 after all.
So the total is -
Pioneer HU with USB and 2*RCA Pre-out - Rs 6000-6500
JBL Front Comp.s 2 way - Rs 5000
Amp. - Rs 3000.
Inst. + Wires - Rs 1500-2000
So it comes to Rs 15-16000. Thanks for the advice guys, I'll get back to you after I get the car. Hope I can get most of these in Kurnool/Or at the dealership itself. I might have to carry these there from Bangalore, or fit these during one of the car's Bangalore trips.

Thanks again! I'm excited! :biggrin:

Thread Starter #13
One doubt: Where will the white "thing" be placed?

Also, please advice upon how to get the setup installed after-market without making the Warranty void.

That white thing is the Amp. I think the installer will ask you where you need it , you can have it wherever you want.

I think Magna does not come with built-in ICE so no issues with warranty!

Top Bottom