Upgrading To Royal Enfield Bullet. Need Help.

Thread Starter #1
Hi Friends,

I have a 2005 Pulsar 150 Dtsi and i'm thinking of exchanging it for a Bullet. I dont have much information on the bullet. but i have driven one of my friends(Classic 350 2011 model) bike and loved the ride.

Now i'm searching to buy one. I dont have budget to get a New Classic 350. I'm thinking of Second hand and there are a lot of options and i'm a lot confised.

Is it fine to go for Old vehicle which are mentioned as repainted? Also how bad will it be to change to a right side gear?

Please help me here.

thanks in advance
Prasanna.V

Re: Help to buy a Bullet

Hi Prasanna,

Hope your are well!!! I am the proud owner of Bullet electra UCE 350.

Please tell me your budget because new UCE start price is 95K to 1L in delhi (standard model).

You can go for second hand as well try to search last model (with Aluminium engine) 2008 or 2007. Dont go for AVL engines as they have some problems at their time sold in machismo model.

If you have good and reliable machenic of Bullet then go for second hand. Now days the biggest problem of buying second hand is that if the condition is very bad (engine rework) it will sold in 50 to 70 K easily because old engines are not in production any more due to norms.

One another option is that buy the army or local police bullets they are finished products (every thing needs to be done engine, paint etc). You will get this max to max 25K and hand it over your bullet machanic (who should be excellent in his work). He will rebulit the bike for you paint, engine new, electircals etc etc. This will cost you max 70 to 80K with old registration number. But you have to go your mechanic every time servicing or any other problems.

Other wise strech your budget and buy which ever you want (UCE 350/500 etc.)

Hope this helps!

Regards,
Adi

Thread Starter #3
Re: Help to buy a Bullet

Hi Adi,

I'm looking for a 350 CC vehicle. My friend has a bullet and he said his mechanic will help me to locate one. The mechanic says there is a 2002 Machismo A350 which has run 55K and it is in a good condition and quotes 75K. What do you think? I'll go to view it on this sunday.

Which engine is good? i'm thinking of purchasing before diwali.

thanks,
Prasanna

Thread Starter #4
Hi All My budget is very restricted and the maximum is 70K all inclusive.
This is the reason i'm thinking of a second hand vehicle.

Hi Prasanna,

I suggest you to please look further dont consider this only -2002 machismo. Sooner or later the engine needs money!!!! :( considering it is already run 55K. one of my friend got 65K electra self start 350 (model 2007) with Aluminium engine one year back, one thing more you wont believe it, it just ran 6000K only.

Try to find out old cast iron engine may be standard model otherwise aluminium engine (year 2004 to 2008 models). Again try to search 2007 or 2008 models you might got left side gear system with aluminium engine like other bikes.

You can search in google about cast iron, avl and aluminium engines.

If you have 70K budget then go for it but dont trust easily. Please do not replace your pulsar, you will need it one day.

points to be consider:

check the leakages (old bulls are famous for their leakages).
check the tire conditions.
check the vibrations at high RPM.
Check if there so much rust all over the body then dont buy it.
take it to your mechanic before giving token money.

Regards,
Adi

Last edited:
Hey mate all the luck for your search, my personal view would be to go for a second hand bullet and look for either standard 350/electra and go for the original version of the bullet with gear in the right

If you do more city rides in bangy its better to go for electra which makes more sense, though i owned a electra my personal pick for bullet nivarna is Standard, nothing like it

In Bangalore you can easily be able to source a bullet with 60-80K, i have sold mine for 80K to my friend, its a electra 2004 model military green

My friend might also wanted to sell it some days back as he is planning to moving abroad in some month's time, let me check with him and re-confirm if he is willing to sell it

By the way the below is the pic of my bullet

Attachments

Thread Starter #7
Hi Swift,

Yes i'll be interested in seeing if it is avaiable. It would be good to get from the forum member. Please enquire and let me know.

Hi Adi,

Thanks for the information. Yes i went through the internet over the weekend to read a lot about the three types of engine and more things about the bulls :)

Even one of my friend who used to own a bull asked me not to sell the pulsar and keep it with me.

One doubt adi. You said after 60k there might be a need to re touch the engine if i go for a old cast iron engine wont it involve again the work on engine? or will it be fine?

Thanks
Prasanna.

Hi Prasanna,

about your question, yes in both cases, actually it depends on the condition of engine. I have also old one but not now sold it. after 70K,engine needs work before that i have sold it.

Regards,
Adi

By the way the below is the pic of my bullet
Hey swift&furious
This is probably the best RE I have seen. Is the greenish color OEM, or you got it painted afterwards.

Specifically, I want to know about the rear seat suspensions you have put. How did you do it? I am thinking about something similar in my Avenger which has got a bit bumpy rear. Is such a spring/suspension possible on Avenger? Any thoughts?

Last edited:
Hi Swift,

Yes i'll be interested in seeing if it is avaiable. It would be good to get from the forum member. Please enquire and let me know.

Hi Adi,

Thanks for the information. Yes i went through the internet over the weekend to read a lot about the three types of engine and more things about the bulls :)

Even one of my friend who used to own a bull asked me not to sell the pulsar and keep it with me.

One doubt adi. You said after 60k there might be a need to re touch the engine if i go for a old cast iron engine wont it involve again the work on engine? or will it be fine?

Thanks
Prasanna.
Hey mate, i would PM you his contact details, its still available and he had been pushing deals as there was a bargain or might be he was in a double mind

But i assume you can seal a deal after you catch up with him

Hey swift&furious
This is probably the best RE I have seen. Is the greenish color OEM, or you got it painted afterwards.

Specifically, I want to know about the rear seat suspensions you have put. How did you do it? I am thinking about something similar in my Avenger which has got a bit bumpy rear. Is such a spring/suspension possible on Avenger? Any thoughts?
Hi Rightnow

The custom set up of clamps where actually locally made in a steel welding shop i know costed me 350INR, the seats were procured from UK through my friend it costed 4KINR

The Matt military green colour is a repaint the stock colour was black, the repaint costed me 10K with all the parts dismandled and then later assembled

However to be frank and honest, i was not compromised with the paint quality its my personal view, though many liked it and many had given me a [thumbswink] everytime spotted

Learnt a very big lesson that should never rush with a painter

Hi Rightnow

The custom set up of clamps where actually locally made in a steel welding shop i know costed me 350INR, the seats were procured from UK through my friend it costed 4KINR
The Matt military green colour is a repaint the stock colour was black, the repaint costed me 10K with all the parts dismandled and then later assembled
However to be frank and honest, i was not compromised with the paint quality its my personal view, though many liked it and many had given me a [thumbswink] everytime spotted
Learnt a very big lesson that should never rush with a painter
Thanks for reply mate.
I understand that clamping can be done from welding shops. Fine.
How about the suspension spring? Did the seats already have springs in them when your friend bought them? Would you mind posting any close-up pictures of the seats if you have any?

The paint may not look nice in reality, but the paint gives a good look to the bike and the color combo with seats is too good man.

Thanks for reply mate.
I understand that clamping can be done from welding shops. Fine.
How about the suspension spring? Did the seats already have springs in them when your friend bought them? Would you mind posting any close-up pictures of the seats if you have any?

The paint may not look nice in reality, but the paint gives a good look to the bike and the color combo with seats is too good man.
Ok, none of these were done by my friend, all were done to my taste with england enfield 74 as a model, the spring were procured in JC road i had to walk and find the suitable springs by the way the one which i had put in the seats were actually for matador's and it matched and was a perfect fit with the clamp

However we do get the spring's for the new classics which were out a year back, but it was short and very less intensity for the spring, the other way a hard spring which doesn't even serve the purpose

As you said i understand the bike looks good for others, just because i knew the bike better, i felt it deserved a even more better finish when it comes to matt paint, there was other choice the sand color which is now available in the new version with name being desert storm, but military green looks best even when cleaned or dirty, but the other choice needed a regular clean up

I would also ask you to go visit sandhya autospares in JC road next to michellin tyre shop or the SBI ATM, he might have the similar set up which suits your bike, only difference might be the leather quality, i assume you might also get the clamps with this guy

Thread Starter #14
Hi All,

thanks a lot for your suggestions. thanks adi and Manoj. I have got my Bull :):)
A 2011 Electra UCE which had run 8500 Km's for 77K.

It is in Chennai need to get it to bangalore.
Will post the pic of the bike after i reach home. Now in office :)

Thansk
Prasanna.V

Hi All,

thanks a lot for your suggestions. thanks adi and Manoj. I have got my Bull :):)
A 2011 Electra UCE which had run 8500 Km's for 77K.

It is in Chennai need to get it to bangalore.
Will post the pic of the bike after i reach home. Now in office :)

Thansk
Prasanna.V
Congrats mate [clap], happy thumping and ride safe

Top Bottom