Upgrading to New Digital Camera

Thread Starter #1
Currently am using the 8 Mp Canon Powershot A720IS
Planning for an upgrade

Budget with in 14 k
Attracted towards Nikon Coolpix L120
Nikon Coolpix L120 feauters

1. A 21x optical zoom NIKKOR lens that covers a broad range of focal lengths from wide-angle 25mm through super-telephoto 525mm (35mm format equivalent)

2. 3-inch, approximately 921k-dot TFT LCD monitor with wide viewing angle for bright and clear display under sunny skies or bright indoor lighting

3. 14.1 Mega pixel

4. Recording of HD movies with stereo sound

5. Priced at around 13,500 Rupees

Alternatives: Fujifilm FinePix S3300 Point & Shoot

am in a bit hurry tell me guys shall i book the Nikon Coolpix L120

below mentioned is the flipkart offer Nikon Coolpix L120: 14.1 Megapixels: Review, Price in India, Compare: Flipkart.com

@MSN1 what are your requirements basically to go for such an upgrade? is this camera going to be like shooting candid & generic stuff? I've just gone through a review seems a good deal, but you need 4xAA batteries which can sometimes become a pain. If you are not too worried about the minute intricacies of a camera then you can go for this. Should be a good buy

Thread Starter #3
my purpose is

won't play much with macro mode, a frequent traveller who used to take pictures of nature
need for a good zoom camera
hd video recording would be much handy for me

this camera looks like a SLR and available at acceptable cost.

just booked with payment against delivery option on flipkart

at rs 13950 with 2 years warrenty

apart from camera and company provided regular accessories am getting pouch, battery, nikon original charge, 4gb mem and a Philips gogear 2gb mp3 player.

Congrats MSN1. The camera is surely a great one. We also have a similar Nikon (12MP) cam for office use and it clicks fabulous pictures. I will check out the model and upload a few pics for you:smile:.

350Z

Core Team
That was indeed a fast buy just under a few hours of creating this thread. Congrats! Do update us with some images and first impressions.

Drive Safe,
350Z

How's the cam i am confused about whether to look for l20 or Fuji3300? My friend has a Fuji and i think the shots are very good, once we transfer them to PC

Kannan sir never judge pictures by seeing them on the preview of the camera itself! the screen being small they usually deceive our eyes. If you are not sure I suggest you take a laptop along with you if possible & take pictures at the dealer shop with both the cameras & download them to see on a larger screen. That way you will be able to judge better.

If you are still not sure please go to Digital Photography Review to read reviews of both the cameras there.

Top Bottom