Status
Not open for further replies.

lxi.

Suspended
Hi Guys,
I am new to this community.
Hello, Anand, Welcome to TAI![clap]

Budget: 6L (petrol) or 7L (diesel)
With this budget, you can also have a look at sedans.

Average monthly ride: 600-800 kms maximum
Since your averagev running is low,Anyone will advice you petrol.

Is diesel required for my routine?
But, I suggest you to go for a DIESEL one as you have ample budget and Govt. can hike petrol prices again[frustration].

Petrol:
Swift Zxi - Rear space is less. Service network is advantage. Too common!!
New Dzire Vxi - Would miss the safety features. Rear appearance looks weird.
Hyundai i20 - Asta varient is very expensive and worried about fuel efficiency.
Honda Jazz - Great design and interiors.Honda quality.Different in the crowd. is it fuel efficient?
The Swift does not have good rear space.
The Dzire's rear look is just Love-me-or-hate-me.
The i20 is the best car in the lot with Space, Features but is too much costly for a hatch!
The Jazz- If you are opting for a petrol, Then jazz is the best. But, you will have to face a waiting period of 1-2 Months, but, you will get all you wanted, A good looking, Hatchback under your budget, With safety features as well as premium features, Lots of space, Honda reliability and a Smile in your face!

Diesel:
Punto Dynamic - Ride quality is good. Dint like the plastic quality and interior space.
i20 Sports - Good interiors. Would miss the safety features.(ABS,Bags) Asta would be too costly.
Swift ZDi - Waiting period.
In diesels, Have not seen the Punto yet from inside :stupid:!(So cant say anything, Punters help please!)
Swift ZDi is a good bet but has very less rear space, Boot space.
i20 sportz- Again , EXPENSIVE! Have heard it to be underpowered in some reviews.(Not sure)

My advice-
Do consider Ford Figo Tcdi Titanium (Space, Interiors, Ful Efficient)
Or the Etios LIVA Diesel/Petrol (Spcae, Space, S P A C E!)

Good Luck!

@anand - I was in the same dilemma (Petrol or Diesel) while choosing a sedan few months back.

My regular running is just 300 to 350 km per month (home to office & back plus few local errands). However, I do go on long drives once in a while. My average running is 7500 to 8000 km per year.

I chose petrol over diesel as I felt that in my case, it will take around 7 to 8 years to recover the Rs. 1.1 lacs (+/- a few thousand) higher initial cost for diesel car of same make/variant, assuming that the prevailing fuel prices do not change.

Cost of petrol = Rs. 70 / litre, Fuel Efficiency = 16 kmpl, Cost per km = Rs. 4.38
Cost of diesel = Rs. 46 / litre, Fuel Efficiency = 18 kmpl, Cost per km = Rs. 2.56
Difference in cost per km = Rs. 1.82
Kms to be run in order to break even = 110000 / 1.82 = 60440
Considering running of 7500 km per year, no. of years required to break even = 8.06.
Considering running of 8000 km per year, no. of years required to break even = 7.56.

This is just a simple calculation without considering interest lost on Rs. 1.1 lacs / maintenance costs / resale value.

My suggestion is you test drive all cars and choose the one you like best as "Fun to Drive".

Thread Starter #18
@shailinder: Ok. I will consider that.

@mbt_india: thanks for the calculation. Diesel car would benefit me only after 6-7 years. So, paying a higher amount for that now does'nt make sense. What did you finally buy?

@lxi. : I test drove Liva. Hated the console and the speedo. Have'nt thought about Figo yet. Facelifted Jazz? Is it a rumour? Do you have any source for this info?

Well, I'm using the Jazz Select & just posted a trip report. I have taken pics of the FE in highway, wherein I got 19km/lt. Even when I was hitting 130+ i was getting over 17km/lt. In city I get around 13 with ac. Just finished 2nd service. Only problem is ground clearance. You should opt for Jazz base model which fits your budget well.

Cheers
Jazzy

I would say, petrol would be enough for you. Even we have the same situation here. 20kms a day and we opted for jazz . But, still in the waiting. Fell in love with jazz, as soon as the prices got revised. BUt, then came the horrible waiting. Dad dont like the looks of swift and after hearing from dealer that zdi waiting is in the range of 8 months, we lost interest and booked Jazz X in August 31st . But, yet to receive the car. Damn the thailand flood. I agree with the fact that jazz provides an exclusivity amongst the crowds. Only 10-15 jazz in Trivandrum so far. But, it will increase as soon as the cars are delivered. Heard that there are more jazz in Kochi. BUt, my personal suggestion :If you're going to book jazz, please dont book it from Peninsular Honda.Not that they are bad, but opt for the dealer which has low bookings. Then you may get your car soon. There are 2 new jazz owners, here in TAI , who bought from Kochi. Check those reviews too.

lxi.

Suspended
Yes Anand, You can search it in google also.

I have seen it myself near my place. Looks Fabulous, Has a nice sporty front and rear bumper! It has got a mileage of 16.7kpl[clap] (as tested by ARAI). Here are Variant wise pricing of the new Jazz : (ex-showroom Delhi)

Jazz S - 5.5 lakhs

Jazz Select - 5.75 lakhs

Jazz X - 6.07 lakhs[cheers]

Hope it helps!

Heres the link for info-
Honda Launches Face-lifted Jazz| Zigwheels.com

Here are some pics-
(Image courtesy- Google)

Z22.jpg

newhondajazzface_3_560x420.jpg

@mbt_india: thanks for the calculation. Diesel car would benefit me only after 6-7 years. So, paying a higher amount for that now does'nt make sense. What did you finally buy?
@ anand: I bought a Honda City S MT in December 2011 finally. Getting real time mileage of 14-14.5 kmpl in city and 18.5-19 kmpl on highway with very less use of AC as it was winter. [clap]

lxi.

Suspended
My Honda City V (Manual) gives a mileage of 11.3-12.9kmpl (In City with No AC nowadays) and 15-17.1kmpl(In highways where speed is 90-100most of the time with no AC). Actually the mileage i get in city is quite low because of my Dads Driving habits. He revvs the car in 2nd gear till 50kmph sometimes!

@lxi: I stay in a township where the speed limit is 30 kmph. In my work area, speed limit is 40 kmph. Traffic jams are rare. I get a mileage of 14-14.5 kmpl under these driving conditions with minimum use of AC.

Recently went on a long drive (800 km to & fro). Ensured that rpm does not exceed 2.5k. In the 5th gear, 2.5k is somewhere around 80 kmph. MID showed 19 kmpl but real time mileage calculated on tank full to tank full method was 18.6 kmpl. Again, with minimum use of AC.

Thread Starter #27
@Jazzy: I read your trip report. Urban titanium is looking good in the photos.

@akhilgopalg: Have you been waiting for 6 months now?I am from Cochin. I contacted Cosmic honda for TD and registration related enquiry. How is Cosmic honda?
Please go through this: Honda Production Back to Normal in North India - Driver's Seat - WSJ

@lxi. Nice one.[:D] That is the model which was launched in Aug 2011, when honda dropped the prices.

@mbt_india: good choice and your FE is a good number considering a more powerful engine.

Re: Help me choose my ride.

Thanks for the response!
@singh890: Thanks, I would go for jazz if I choose to go for petrol. The production has restarted and I will not have to wait much.
@mads2849: Well, you have a point there. I am not a big fan of the appearance of figo (no offense!!). I haven't even considered it. I will research on it. But, punto, I test drove twice. Yeah, it has the best handling of the lot. But compared to i20 and jazz, the interiors are not spacious and the dash looks outdated. Not only that i20 is priced well above these.
I'm confused!! [confused]
Anand...now lemme tell you what car I have. I have a Punto MJD Emotion Pack. I am still a fan of i20 when it comes to the interiors..but no wonders i20 cannot defeat a Punto when it comes to the road..after all the Punto has its genes from Maserati !

@akhilgopalg: Have you been waiting for 6 months now?I am from Cochin. I contacted Cosmic honda for TD and registration related enquiry. How is Cosmic honda?
Please go through this: Honda Production Back to Normal in North India - Driver's Seat - WSJ
Yep. Waiting since August 31st. Delivery was expected to be in Nov. , when the floods destroyed all my hopes. Now, expecting delivery by March/April. One of the problem is i have booked X. SA called up this week and told me he is ready to gimme a White select by mid-march. Since we have waited this long, there is no point in going for select. Road tarring is being carried out and hope it all ends by March31st.[;)] So, thought we would take car after that. Heard that Honda will start full-swing production of X's only by April. Majority of the bookings are for Select. Even at my dealer, all those above me in the waiting list have booked Select. So, even if somene cancels booking, no use. [frustration][anger]

Don't worry man you would enjoy the beauty once you will get it. You have waited for so long and couple of months more would not impact much. No point changing the booking, stick to your previous one.

All the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom