Upgrading to a Premium Hatchback - Please Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Silver looks good. I personally like white but then it gets dirty easily. And with silver it won't get dirty as fast as white.

Today morning i got a call from Honda, saying Jazz select has come. 4 colors were available. Ut, white, red, silver. The UT is going to be given to a person who booked 4 moths back. They said, if i can compromise the color, they can give the vehicle. I went to the showroom to see the shades. Here are some ....
They also said that next month they will produce Jazz X variant. The price is going to increase by 10k for all the models. So I am thinking whether I should go for silver, red or white. I liked silver among the 3. Suggestions!! [:)]

Honestly,I envy you. You're one lucky guy. Damn the Honda guys for slowing X's production. So, i can expect my X only in April :(. Btw, regarding your colors I would go for Silver. Because we have booked a Silver and have to say it looks ok withthe jazz. Silver is easy to maintain too unlike white. Red is already out since your Dad wont allow. So, silver or white. The problem with white is ,its too common here in Trivandrum,dunno about Kochi though . So, silver is better. From your pictures, I liked the silver and UT. Wish we will get UT rather than silver. Do me a favor. If you hppen to go to the yard again, please take a few snaps of UT,if its still there. ;) Again, lucky you.. Congrats. Do post an ownership report soon :)

Last edited:
Hey, this means they are delivering the vehicle to all dealers, not on the overall booking status right ? Any idea about Select production ?

@harinhs - He is getting select i think because of cancellation. Select production is in full swing. Only problem with the production of X variants.

@anand - please do look if tgres in all colours are of MRFs.. ;)

Thread Starter #51
@akhilgopalg: The dealers said that production of 'select' started last month as it had the most bookings. X will be produced this month or so, and by next month you will get it.

Hey, this means they are delivering the vehicle to all dealers, not on the overall booking status right ? Any idea about Select production ?
Select will be again produced next month. This month its X. I had booked just few days back. I guess there were many cancellations.

I hope the pictures were taken from cosmic honda.
I liked urban titanium more. see mr. jazzy's car
Yes, cosmic Honda. If I need urban titanium, have to wait 2 more months. By that time, the price would go up by 10k. [cry]

The problem with white is ,its too common here in Trivandrum,dunno about Kochi though . So, silver is better. From your pictures, I liked the silver and UT. Wish we will get UT rather than silver. Do me a favor. If you hppen to go to the yard again, please take a few snaps of UT,if its still there. ;)
I have 2-3 more pics of UT. White is not very common here, but I don't want to own a white.

Silver:

Thread Starter #52
please do look if tgres in all colours are of MRFs.. ;)
The silver one had goodyear. UT had MRF. Dint notice on the others.

My last worry is, should i wait for the new i20 and see how it is? Or just go get JAZZ??

I called Mr. Ajith, he is telling only April end or May, but promised before May End... I think I can change the colour/variant... he mentioned most of the people is going for City and Brio when they are coming for Jazz... I don't think so... :-)

He is telling cosmic honda may not have any huge back logs, but Peninsular honda do have so many backlogs, thats why the delay here.

@Akhil -- we don't have any other dealers in Trivandrum right ? only peninsular honda right ? thats why rush...

I called Mr. Ajith, he is telling only April end or May, but promised before May End... I think I can change the colour/variant... he mentioned most of the people is going for City and Brio when they are coming for Jazz... I don't think so... :-)
He is telling cosmic honda may not have any huge back logs, but Peninsular honda do have so many backlogs, thats why the delay here. @Akhil -- we don't have any other dealers in Trivandrum right ? only peninsular honda right ? thats why rush...
Since you are opting for Select,you will get it easily by May end. Select will come in plenty.. Regarding colour, you may have to compromise . We dont have other dealers in Trivandrum. Regarding people going for city and brio , dunno. When i talked to him regarding Corporate edition, he said that Jazz is better than Corporate in various aspects and he said its a very good car. He says we are lucky to get the 8L worth car at this price and that i should go for it.
The silver one had goodyear. UT had MRF. Dint notice on the others.
My last worry is, should i wait for the new i20 and see how it is? Or just go get JAZZ??
I would say go for the jazz. Basically I dont like i20. It lacks the dynamics. I think you are talking about diesel. The diesel plant aint good as multijet(ddis) and is laggy too. Rattling issues, lack of handling etc are some of the problems i felt. If its petrol motor, its not even good as Swifts or jazz. I would rather go for swift than i20. Jazz is a very good petrol car Only problem is the low end torque of the 1.2L engine. But, still its the best petrol hatch in the country. i dont like the interiors of i20 too.

Thread Starter #55
I would say go for the jazz. Basically I dont like i20. It lacks the dynamics. I think you are talking about diesel. The diesel plant aint good as multijet(ddis) and is laggy too. Rattling issues, lack of handling etc are some of the problems i felt. If its petrol motor, its not even good as Swifts or jazz. I would rather go for swift than i20. Jazz is a very good petrol car Only problem is the low end torque of the 1.2L engine. But, still its the best petrol hatch in the country. i dont like the interiors of i20 too.

Yes, you are right about it. The petrol engine is same as that of i10's. It is underpowered, considering the weight of the vehicle and not fuel efficient. I also heard those things about diesel too. But, in the new i20, they have refined the engine. They are claiming the new diesel engine to be the lowest emitting car or something like that. And petrol prices going to increase!!
[confused] And, a big yes for the fact that Jazz is the best petrol hatch in the country. This is my one last confusion!!!!

Since you are opting for Select,you will get it easily by May end. Select will come in plenty.. Regarding colour, you may have to compromise . We dont have other dealers in Trivandrum. Regarding people going for city and brio , dunno. When i talked to him regarding Corporate edition, he said that Jazz is better than Corporate in various aspects and he said its a very good car. He says we are lucky to get the 8L worth car at this price and that i should go for it.

Corporate anyday is better than jazz.alloy wheels nd music player are d only imp features missing

Corporate anyday is better than jazz.alloy wheels nd music player are d only imp features missing
I do accept that. But, other than the 1.5L motor and the rear armrest , both are same. He(SA) just meant that interioirs of Jazz X is better/same as that of corporate, interms of space and practicality. Of-course there is a boot. But, as far as we are concerned , the 366L of jazz is more than enough. [:)]

Yes, you are right about it. The petrol engine is same as that of i10's. It is underpowered, considering the weight of the vehicle and not fuel efficient. I also heard those things about diesel too. But, in the new i20, they have refined the engine. They are claiming the new diesel engine to be the lowest emitting car or something like that. And petrol prices going to increase!! This is my one last confusion!!!!
Well, petrol prices will increase for sure. What you can do , is to wait till March 16th. Its judgement day (sort of [:D]) . If the govt. hike the diesel taxes, there is no point in going for diesel at 80K more. I hoe you will take a part of the amount as loan. 80K extra will increase your loan interest too . So, one thing is to wait till next week. or go for a diesel now itself. [glasses] . Dunno regarding i20. Frankly, i don't like it. Only the cars i like from Hyundai are Santro ,i10 .I do like the eon, but hate that 800cc motor. Alto k10, IMO is better. Regarding i20, you can wait for it. A proper TD can only find an answer to this.

where is cosmic honda ? Do they have enough back logs ? whats the waiting period if we book with them ?
No cosmic Honda in Trivandrum . As far as i know, they have branches in Kottayam, Kochi and Calicut. They have few backlogs, So, you can get jazz quickly.[:)]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom