Upgrading to a Premium Hatchback - Please Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #136
I bought the car in december 2011. i heard that from june 2011 onwards there are some changes in fit and finish, a slight weight reduction compared to older models. After 2500 kms, i dont face any rattles, no fit and finish problems like the 2009-2010 models. As far as i know, 2012 ones are improved in fit and finish.
What FE do you get? How is the stock music system? Did you change it?

Last edited:
Hey, I got a call from Fiat dealer. He said he would give me free insurance + corporate discount + exchange bonus for the Grande Punto. Also he would give free accessories (Sun film + Parking Sensor + few more stuffs). When I compared, the Punto Dynamic would just cost me 6.6Lakh. The jazz would be 6.4 without any accessories. [anger]
Emotion would be 7.2Lakh.

@akhilgopalg:
This looks like more VFM, doesn't it? Should I look forward for it?
Hey why are they giving so much with this car? Is there any issue? I mean if the cars actually good, it should sell on its own! Is it by chance an older 2011 manufactured model which he's trying to push you into buying? But the offers mouth watering no doubt!!!
Cheers
Jazzy

Hey why are they giving so much with this car? Is there any issue? I mean if the cars actually good, it should sell on its own! Is it by chance an older 2011 manufactured model which he's trying to push you into buying? But the offers mouth watering no doubt!!!
Cheers
Jazzy
Hi Jazzy,
The same reason why honda reduced some 1.5 lakh price cut on Jazz. But it's good to ask them the VIN number. But i think its the offer by FIAT any ways rather than the dealer. Fiat offers free insurance+ exchange bonus. The other offers may be to tap the pre budget rush

Last edited:
Thread Starter #140
Had a Punto testdrive today. The dealer came to my office and he gave me the foldable key [:D]. I rode in crowded areas, through potholes, in highways, took it home to show my Parents and brother. Well, it has a good steering wheel, Console with smart display. The AC was good, it cools quickly. Well, I had bad expectations for the interiors, dashboard and spacing after checking the pics. But, it was'nt bad. Its pretty much spacious, and dashboard is like ok-ok. Overall, the interior quality is less than Jazz, i20. But still, I didnt feel it is a major issue. Ride quality and handling was good. I could find that it charges up only after reaching the turbo (2000rpm). I guess this is gue to FGT. I dont understand why has Fiat gone for FGT and not VGT. Anyways, I would say it was awesome driving the Punto.

I'm back friends :)

Hi
Nowadays not much happens in engine front for Honda. In Petrol engines the leaders are Twinair(Fiat) and VW TSI. But we indian's still think Honda's are the best.I think a price for honda's advertisement, reliability and brand image. Actually Variable Valve technology was a brain child of Fiat and Honda contribute in it's development. But past 2005 not so much development in engine front, actually they got recognition for Hybrid's in 2005 for Honda Insight IMA(Integrated Motor Technology). IMA was their Hybrid technology. But in forums still best petrol, then its Honda. I think we indian's love all japanese siblings. Reliability matters.
hi nitin_v,
Haven't been keeping abreast with the engine technology changes so can't comment on it. Will take your word for it.

But I still do feel a difference in driving quality between a Honda car and a maruti car. I guess honda feels a bit more smooth.

About the polo, i think it's a lilltle unrefined compaed to competition. But try yourself. The power output of an engine is irrespective of the number of cylinders. Theoretically even a single cylinder engine can deliver the same power as a four or six cylinder engine, if designed accordingly. More than power delivered, the way in which the power delivered makes the difference and have greater impact in a practical scenario. But the advantage is fuel efficiency.

The ASS of VW << Honda < Maruti( Disclaimer: I didn't have a Honda or VW car but i deduce this from the forums and it's my personal opinion). So let owner's speak.
Yes. Did drive the Polo. Not bad. I now believe that it's not that easy to know whether it's a 3 pot or 4 pot when driving when you actually haven't read what it is :)

My replies in bold italics.
Hi Rightnow!

Thanks. Did drive a Polo diesel. Experience below.

Richie, Polo Tdi trendline is a good option. But, it has got serious limitations. Cant call it a VFM proposition. It lacks abs, alloys, fogs, rear defoggers, height-adjust(this may/may not matters) , airbags. Of these, airbags are only necessary if your parents drive at high speeds in highways. If its primarily for city use, it doesn't matter................................

So, it has both pros and cons . But, remember, you are getting a German build car and a diesel motor. So, no tension during price hikes. If you still think your runnings are low, go for Polo 1.2HL. If you want a proper VFM, go for Figo Tdci Titanium. Now, you do have anniversary offers.
Hi akhilgopalg,
Thanks for the feedback. We did try a polo diesel. Experience below.

VW Polo is a 'no nonsense car'. Its built tough. The sturdiness can be felt inside the cabin. Interior quality is also good. As we all know the TDI engine which is well known for the turbo lag is a negative. Its quite evident when you steer it through traffic in the city. The engine doesn't have the capacity to use the handling capabilities of the car. If you are not concerned about the engine VW polo would be good.
After Sales Service:- Only owners of VW vehicles can suitably judge them !
Agreed :)

So friends, we did take a test drive of Polo diesel since this was the car we were considering once we thought of getting a diesel motor.

Verdict: Diesel doesn't suit my parents.

My dad found the ride quality a bit on the harder/heavier side. He even said it doesn't feel like driving a new car at all (the odo just read 5k). So he wasn't very impressed.And my mom didn't like the sound when driving. Again, she found the ride not on the smoother side. I guess they are just used to petrol engines.
So it looks like diesel is out of the question.

Back to petrol: Jazz or Dzire. Highly confused.

Took a test ride of dzire again today.
The ride is quite smooth, great pickup but with a very bad AX noice. With AC level set to 4, it was like grr grr grrrrrrr .. (if you can imagine what I mean). For best results, set the AC to 3 for sometime followed by setting it to 2.
Although, swift and dzire are identical on the inside, we still feel dzire feels a bit more spacious than swift. I think that because of 2 reasons:
1. beige color in dzire vs black in swift
2. difference in the C pillar design of swift vs dzire. The exterior boot in the dzire which gives a little more space on the inside.

Coming back to Jazz. Thinking to taking a test drive again tomorrow to get a feel again.

Any ways to get out of this state of confusion would be highly appreciated!

Cheers!

I'm back friends :)
Verdict: Diesel doesn't suit my parents.

My dad found the ride quality a bit on the harder/heavier side. He even said it doesn't feel like driving a new car at all (the odo just read 5k). So he wasn't very impressed.And my mom didn't like the sound when driving. Again, she found the ride not on the smoother side. I guess they are just used to petrol engines.
So it looks like diesel is out of the question.

Back to petrol: Jazz or Dzire. Highly confused.

Coming back to Jazz. Thinking to taking a test drive again tomorrow to get a feel again.Any ways to get out of this state of confusion would be highly appreciated!

Cheers!
I dont understand how your Dad and Mom found the ride, being on harder side on Polo. Actually, Polo is more comfortable than either of Jazz and Dzire. The NVH problem is natural with the diesel motors. But, if the stereo is ON everytime, it wont be much of a problem. Regarding confusion, well, it happens. Choosing a car these days is like choosing a phone. Lots of options , each being better over the other in some respects.[;)] . Do a TD of Jazz and go for the one you and your parents like. Don't think twice. Thinking twice may lead to further options and will cause more confusion [:)]

Hi
+1 to Akhil. The ride in polo is more comfortable than Jazz, and Dezire . Sure Polo and Punto are leagues ahead but if one feels it the other way, then no questions. Go for what they feel good

If I was you I would have closed my eyes and had gone for the jaaz it is a amazing machine if possible take a back to back test ride of the jaaz and dezire it will be oblivious to you which you and your parents will select .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom