Updated Maruti SX4 Finally Launched!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Need to remove SX4 from my options list then. I had that as last option in case if my dad is not satisfied with the other cars in my list. Now i had to rule that out

Hey Guys!

The only problem with SX4 is the price Tag & Petrol Engine!

It just gives a mileage of 7 in the city & 9-10 in the highways.

This is the official figures given by MSIL Guy while Test Driving.

SX4 should some how work out to get the 1.6 MJD from FIAT & this car will soon add glory to it :)

The hiccup is temporary. As far as the facelift is concerned, it will be minor. I have driven the SX4 for long distances and I van vouch for its fun to drive character. It just needs to be more aerodynamic and fuel efficient. Otherwise its an excellent product. Its the perfect car to give you the status of owning a sedan and putting it through a lot of rough use, something which you cannot do with the other sedans!!

Thread Starter #20

350Z

Core Team
Maruti SX4's 1.6 Litre 106 BHP Spitting Distance Away!

Maruti will relaunch the Suzuki SX4 with a new 1.6-liter 106 bhp petrol engine that meets the Bharat Stage-IV standards. That makes it just 8 bhp short of the all-new Honda City. Torque would be between 165-175 Nm.

The 106 bhp SX4 will also be offered with an automatic transmission during the upcoming Diwali festive season. Automatic transmission are beginning to gain popularity in India. Automatics are not preferred by many car buyers in India, but in the premium models, it is compulsory to have one variant of late.

The new Suzuki SX4 will don a slightly revised front grill among many other changes. Its interiors will also be tweaked a little.

The rapidly ageing SX4 gets some additonal muscle, this time from an external source. Maruti has signed Bollywood actor John Abraham as the brand ambassador of the revamped Maruti SX4. John Abraham appeals to both young men and women, who is also the target audience for the SX4.

Source: IAB

Drive Safe!
350Z

Any specific dates mentioned for the release? Or should we wait till Oct 17th to take a look at the uplifted model? Even the website does not pose the new version. :(

A more pwerful version will mean a more thirsty engine. SX4 is pretty unaerodynamic and those huge tires don't help either. We can expect the milage to drop even more, especially with the automatic transmission. I hope they bring the diesel engine soon!!

Thread Starter #24

350Z

Core Team
Updated Maruti SX4 coming on 12th; Automatic may debut as well!

Just got a news.
Maruti's updated SX4 is going to launch on 12th of this October!
The changes are minor which are already told in previous posts of this thread, Also In addition, The SX4 5speed -Automatic may also be introduced!
So many launches this and coming months, I'm excited!

Drive Safe!
350Z

A more pwerful version will mean a more thirsty engine. SX4 is pretty unaerodynamic and those huge tires don't help either. We can expect the milage to drop even more, especially with the automatic transmission. I hope they bring the diesel engine soon!!
no, dont worry they are not coming out with more powerful engine , but a tweak in current one to meet new norms, which means better FE, and diesel wont come before 2010 or later.

Just got a news.
Maruti's updated SX4 is going to launch on 12th of this October!
The changes are minor which are already told in previous posts of this thread, Also In addition, The SX4 5speed -Automatic may also be introduced!
So many launches this and coming months, I'm excited!

Drive Safe!
350Z

Good news, what maruti needs is auto tranny for this car, as this is what lacks in its range.Would be VFM to buy with auto tranny and diesel engine.Waiting to hear more about this car.

Thread Starter #27

350Z

Core Team
Maruti is going to take a sensible step by introducing the SX4 Automatic here, But both, mileage & price will be affected. Hope MSIL prices it competitvely. I've kept my fingers crossed!

Drive Safe!
350Z

Sx4 is already giving a mileage of 8 in city driving !

Introducing Automatics will further create a hole in packet!!

It might be sensible but they should have tried this Dzire which is a hot seller rather than trying in such a bulky car :(

New SX4 is being launched on 13th October with cosmetic changes. It will have same CC but a little higher BHP. Interiors will also get refreshed.

No Diesel variant will be luanched at present and no hatch back.

AT variant might also be launched.

i was watching a car show on the TV in the afternoon where a car expert tolda that the only change in the new SX4 would be the euro 4 compliant feature and nothing more than that. he also told that it would be launched in another one week's time. so no face lifts, no diesel versions, no AT and no hatches. :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom