Updated Hyundai Fluidic Verna 1.6 SX CRDi 2013 - My White Viper!

Thread Starter #166
Just came back from RTO KR Puram. Applied for hypothecation cancelation.
Submitted following documents:

1. Original RC (smart card)
2. Bank NOC
3. Two form 35 as provided by bank duly signed and stamped.
4. Insurance copy.
5. PUC copy.
6. Self address stamped envelop.
7. Cash receipt paid for hptc 100 INR and trade certificate 200 INR.

Got back an acknowledgement receipt.

Akash1886

Honoured Member
JApplied for hypothecation cancelation.
Submitted following documents:

1. Original RC (smart card)
Buddy, I too want to get hypothecation removed from my Esteem's RC. I have that long paper wala RC. I understand all the requirement but wanted to know, after giving the original RC, how can the car be driven on roads since RC is a major document to be carried always.

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #169
@Akash, Even I was hesitant to give original RC,. But that's part of the process. They gave an acknowledgement which specifies that RC has been submitted for hpt cancelation. I think I can use it till I get back my smart card.

@Myth, Thanks. I normally wipe it with wet cloth regularly. During car wash outside, I usually ask the washer to air blow the engine bay and then wipe with a wet cloth.

Thread Starter #170
Finally received my car's RC by post yesterday. It took more than a month for RTO to update the smart card for hypothecation cancelation.

Thread Starter #171
Yesterday my Viper completed 2 years with 9600 KMs total run . Gave the car for 3rd free servicing today. Found that rats have made havoc on engine compartment. The battery cover is partially eaten and they have stuffed the engine with cigarette butts(Do rats smoke? :) ). Asked SA to clean the engine compartment. Not sure what else damage they would have done. Car is running fine with no issue though.

Last edited:
not sure how this works but tobacco is used to keep rodents away. Since your car is not used much the engine bay stays cold and rats come in for a stay. try parking your car in some other spot.
Btw i suggest you drive the car more, mainly because the engine drives the sweetest after 30K kms [;)]

Thread Starter #173
Update :

Viper now crossed 11000 KMs in 2 years and 2 months.

Replaced the Battery Insulator, damaged by rats, with a new OEM one (that I had order through 99rpm.com) myself. Now engine compartment looks clean.

Went to Tirupati last weekend and drove around 600 KMS. Average mileage was around 18.5 kmpl for overall trip including highway, city and ghat roads of Tirumala. Not bad.

Middle right AC vent's slider broke by doing just nothing. What a cheap quality plastic Hyundai have used in Verna.

One strange thing I am marking after 3rd service. I feel the car vibrates (very mild, some bass kind of sound comes) when rev between 1200 to 1500 RPMs. Below or above this range, car feels smooth.

I took to ASS @Trident, Kayan Nagar. The SA and Mechanic are saying everything is normal. I just don't know how to convenience these guys. 1200 to 1500 is generally my driving range and I feel very irritated with the bass kind of sound.

Also after 3rd service, I feel the car makes lots of noise when going over bad roads, or over uneven concrete roads.

Any idea what could be cause of above issues. I am feeling frustrated now. These ASS don't want to do anything. I have an extended warranty till 2017 Aug.
I have checked wheel alignment and everything is fine. Could it be because engine mounts are damaged (could be because rats?). The sound/vibration doesn't comes when car is on neutral or not moving. Only I can feel/hear the vibration/sound from driver seat only and passenger doesn't notice anything wrong. Not sure if I have become mad :(

Last edited:
One strange thing I am marking after 3rd service. I feel the car vibrates (very mild, some bass kind of sound comes) when rev between 1200 to 1500 RPMs. Below or above this range, car feels smooth.
Need more details. Check the vibration in different scenarios.
Have someone rev the car in neutral and you check the engine bay closely.

For now, what you can do:
1. scan obd for errors
2. Check boost leakage.
3. Was engine oil changes during 3rd servicing ? The oil provided by service center isnt the best. After my 2nd servicing (servo was used), i felt increase in engine harshness, drop in fuel efficiency, sluggish pick up. Changed to a synthetic oil of my own by 15k kms.
4. Check with AC / without AC.

Driving in 1200 to 1500 rpm range ?

Try driving one gear down (2nd instead of 3rd / 3rd instead of 4 th) and see if ťhe humming sound disappears.

Thread Starter #178
I tried with both AC and without AC, no changes as such. Also, during Tirupati trip, I checked the sound in all gears from 1 to 6, same behavior with range 1200 to 1500 rpm.

ASS told no issue. Not sure if he has scanned the ECU. I have a ELM connector and today I will scan for any errors.

Also, car makes whole lot of noise on uneven roads. These all I am marking after 3rd service.
Car is still in very well maintained condition and I take utmost care while driving and never push it too much. Still I am having these issues.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #179
Update:

Day before yesterday, I thought checking the engine oil level to check if excess oil could be the culprit for the mild vibration. To my surprise it was more than it supposed to be. Took the car to ASS, Trident Hyundai, Kalyan Nagar yesterday.

The ASS guy checked it and said it's normal and not too much. Also he said, if car is not started for few hours and we check engine oil level, it will show more than required. He took a test drive and said he is not able to find anything wrong. Then he called two more mechanics, they too checked the engine oil and said it's fine with the level. I also checked another diesel Verna, it also had same engine oil level. They also did a scan on my car and found no issue. Also the mechanic did a TD on my car and said it's fine and smooth.

Then I asked ASS to provide me another Verna to do a TD. I drove the other Verna , but really didn't feel the same vibration it is in my car between 1200~1500 rpm.

I told them , in future if any engine damage happens and then they have to deal with it.

Came back home with no conclusion. I think I have to live with it. ASS guy and mechanics were well behaved and tried to check the situations as far as possible.

Attachments

Top Bottom