Upcoming New Car Launches in 2012

Re: New multi-utility vehicles will hit the Indian roads in the next few months

Chevrolet's Enjoy, Nissan's Evalia, Ashok Leyland's Stile, Hyundai's Hexa Space and Force Motors' MPV will hot up competition for Ertiga at the entry level and Toyota's Innova at the other end of the price band.
DISCLAIMER: These are just assumptions.Not intended to offend anyone in any way.[:)]

Well out of all the vehicles you have mentioned my guess would be as follows:
1)Nissan Evalia- This minivan looks big and if reliable,which being a nissan it should ,then it will sell,but not in India. I mean just google the car and look at it. What were they thinking?? Indians are all about image and snob value.

2)Chevrolet Enjoy - All i can say is the new Chevy Bow-Tie on the grille does not play its part to disguise the fact that it is a Chinese product at the end of the day.

3)Ashok Leyland Stile: I must say they have done a good job at styling it even though it comes from a truck company. But well the company's background of selling trucks itself will post a ?? in a buyer's mind.(does'nt mean it is a bad company)

4)Hyundai Hexa Space: It will naturally carry Hyundai's latest design language now so it may sell for...hmmmm well being "FLUIDIC" and might be value for money if Hyundai plonks a good Diesel heart in it.

5)Force's unknown MPV: Will not sell because of sparse A.S.Service and Network.

Well at the end of the day whatever said and done,the Maruti-Suzuki Ertiga and the Ultra-Reliable Toyota Innova will continue to sell and will be at the top of their game. We have already witnessed that ever since the Ertiga was released it has done nothing to the Innova and other MUV's the only vehicles it has managed to have an impact on were its own sister the SX4 and other Sedan's in that segment.[:)]

Last edited:

Hyundai's-hexa space and Force motors-Mercedes viano derived MPV's are year's away from hitting the market

DISCLAIMER: These are just assumptions.Not intended to offend anyone in any way.[:)]

Well at the end of the day whatever said and done,the Maruti-Suzuki Ertiga and the Ultra-Reliable Toyota Innova will continue to sell and will be at the top of their game. We have already witnessed that ever since the Ertiga was released it has done nothing to the Innova and other MUV's the only vehicles it has managed to have an impact on were its own sister the SX4 and other Sedan's in that segment.[:)]
Sorry to say this but in real world both Innova and Ertiga is not worth going for, for Ertiga has uncomfortable seating postion at the rear and the price isn't justified, Innova, too overpriced and features doesn't come up to the mark.

3)Ashok Leyland Stile: I must say they have done a good job at styling it even though it comes from a truck company.
Well people also criticized Mahindra for Bringing Scorpio, now what's the result?

But well the company's background of selling trucks itself will post a ?? in a buyer's mind.(does'nt mean it is a bad company)
People never told AL is a bad company.In fact they are praised for reliability and great engines and strong chassis as well.

What was Tata ? It is leader in CVs, now it does good job with cars.
AL may well do well, especially in rural area first, starting with South India.
Never know, it may well kick lot of M & M or Tata UVs.

Sorry to say this but in real world both Innova and Ertiga is not worth going for, for Ertiga has uncomfortable seating postion at the rear and the price isn't justified, Innova, too overpriced and features doesn't come up to the mark.
Well IMHO even though the Innova is overpriced it has solid mechanicals and fundamentals are spot on can you give me an example of any other MUV in the market that has the Bullet-proof reliability of the Innova.
P.S. It's also luxurious for its price point.Also it will sell that is until Toyota discontinues it.

Well people also criticized Mahindra for Bringing Scorpio, now what's the result?
Well the result was it is a butch and powerful SUV and it sold for that.Main point to be noted here is the first impression made was great thats why it sold and is still selling. So if AL's MUV is also good and has all the fundamentals right without burning a hole in the pocket."FOLKS!! We have a WINNER".
My Answers are in BOLD

I guess what Indians consider value for money is a mystery-some cars that all auto magazines and forums consider great cars often tank at the market
Some do well even when no-one sings their praise
My own two bits-if the etios and liva are trouble free,like other toyota products,they will do reasonably well-3-5K a month!if petrol prices keep going north,that could change v soon
However why Tata (diesel) cars sales are falling in this environment is a mystery to me

Well the result was it is a butch and powerful SUV and it sold for that.Main point to be noted here is the first impression made was great thats why it sold and is still selling.
Absolutely! They knew the market very well and acted according to it.
Now think of MUV's market, Currently this segment badly needs some good vehicles along with VFM tag(Eeco:Petrol so less buyers, Venture: No BS4 RTO issues). So AL may gain some importance, however at the end of the day price tag matters.

However why Tata (diesel) cars sales are falling in this environment is a mystery to me
The competitors are strong enough to offer better services than Tata.

New Cars Expected to be Launch soon in Indian Auto Market
Mahindra New Verito
Tata Safari Storme
Volkswagen New Touareg
Chevrolet New Captiva
Mitsubishi Mirage
Honda Brio Diesel

Ashok Leyland Stile

Where the Nissan Evalia will target at private car buyers, the Stile from partner Ashok Leyland will be positioned as a commercial people mover. It will get a far more basic interior and will also do without many features like ABS and airbags. The Stile and Evalia will also come with different powertrains and engine’s in different states of tune. However, a cargo version is a possibility and there could be a seven seat CNG version too. But don’t expect to see the Stile on roads any time soon. It will be launched six months after the Evalia that arrives in late 2012.
I think Style might launced this December.

BMW New 3-Series
When to expect: 27 Jul 2012

Mercedes-Benz B-class
When to expect: Aug 2012

Hyundai New Elantra
When to expect: Aug 2012

Mahindra Mini-Xylo
When to expect: Aug-Sep 2012

Tata Safari Storme

Chevrolet CN 100

Force Motors One 4x4

source i got details from carwale.com

can anybody tell that are there any cng cars coming in 2012,as i am planing to get me the wagon r lxi cng in 1 week.please help me.and i am new to TAI so i may have posted this in wrong way but helpless.please help me MOD.

can anybody tell that are there any cng cars coming in 2012,as i am planing to get me the wagon r lxi cng in 1 week.please help me.and i am new to TAI so i may have posted this in wrong way but helpless.please help me MOD.
Paragthegreat cng cars news is rare actually so one can't really say when some will be launched last I heard was skoda was thinking on lines to make a skoda rapid in cng .
Now only cng cars which you can but with company figments a d warranty are wagon r, sx4 , accent, Chevy aveo , zen estilo .
Even if you buy a wagon r you won't go wrong because it is a trouble free car as so many taxi guys are using it for years without any trouble and offers excellent mileage of 18-22 with ac in city .
You can also read member Ganfun thread who has bought a sx4 cng in ownership section .

thanks raja, it means i got no other option except to go for waggy? or by diwali can i expect something?
Are you ready to wait till Diwali parag ? Because many cars will Be launched by then and who knows some 1 might come with a cng option .
But if it's urgent a d your budget is set by you for wagon r only then go for it it's a safe bet . Do check with Hyundai as they have accent and santro and i10 also in cng . Build quality wise i10 is a better car but then don't know if the cng is factory fitted or dealer fitted or not please check .

Top Bottom