Upcoming New Car Launches in 2012

Re: Upcoming car launches(April-2012 to june 2012)

No, not the Cruze. A smaller sedan and even a hatchback I think. Recently, I myself saw one testing in Bangalore. Lot of pictures online about the road tests.

Here is a link to one such shot of the test vehicle.

EXCLUSIVE! All-new Chevrolet Sail spotted testing, spy images and details ~ MAG CUBE
It was mentioned on Autocar show that sail will be out somewhere in mid-2012.
The sooner the better as we have very less options for 3 box car in 5-7 L segment.
And is your avatar pic of sitting in SLS AMG ? If yes, can you upload the bigger resolution pic please. I want to see the legroom & distance between seat & steering wheel in this.

Re: Upcoming car launches(April-2012 to june 2012)

Yes, it is. Got a chance to sit in it during the Mercedes Benz Star Drive. The picture is not of very high resolution and that is the only picture I have.

Home - Inventory - View File

I have a few pictures of the cars during that day though. This was 2011 summer. Is there a thread where i can post them?

Last edited:

350Z

Core Team
Note: Threads Merged.
No, not the Cruze. A smaller sedan and even a hatchback I think. Recently, I myself saw one testing in Bangalore. Lot of pictures online about the road tests.
Please consider sharing some snaps of the test mules if you have any.

I have a few pictures of the cars during that day though. This was 2011 summer. Is there a thread where i can post them?
There's no thread about Star Drive Experience but feel free to start one describing about your experience with AMGs.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Note: Threads Merged.

Please consider sharing some snaps of the test mules if you have any.
No. I don't have any pictures clicked by me. I saw the Sail a couple of cars ahead of me and could not take out my phone to click a picture.

There's no thread about Star Drive Experience but feel free to start one describing about your experience with AMGs.

Drive Safe,
350Z
Sure, Ill give a little write up about that day and a few pictures that i managed to click with my phone.

The only thing which made me interested in sail is the 1.3 fiat engine.
This may ensure keeping the costs less without compromising on quality.
Hope they get about 85-90 ps & not 75 ps for sail.

New cars for 2012 - Updated

‘What’s when?’ is the most common question asked us at Autocar India. We get a huge number of mails everyday from readers wanting to know what’s coming in the near and not-too-distant future, and that’s understandable. In our ever-changing market, you really need to be on top of model upgrades and new car launches, especially if you are about to sign a considerable amount of your savings on an all-new car.

The last thing you want is to see a new and superior model out on the roads, soon after you’ve spent your hard-earned money on a car that could be quickly outdated. So, to keep you in the know, straight from our confidential files, an almost complete list of new cars manufacturers are planning to put on sale in India this year.

Attachments

Re: New cars for 2012 - Updated

AUDI Q3

It may look like a shrunken Q5, but Audi’s latest mini-SUV has a distinct personality of its own. When launched in May 2012, the Q3 will be the most affordable Audi SUV in India. However, there is nothing cheap about the Q3’s quality which is comparable to Audi’s line-up of saloons and larger SUVs. There is fair space for four adults inside while Audi’s Quattro all-wheel-drive system should also ensure you can get a bit adventurous on weekend excursions. The Q3 will be launched with a 176bhp, 2-litre turbo diesel while a 211bhp 2-litre TFSI turbo-petrol engine will also be a part of the model mix. Prices are likely to start at Rs 27 lakh. This could be the game changer for Audi.

Factfile:

Engines: 2-litre turbo-petrol, 2-litre diesel

Power/Torque: 211bhp/30kgm,176bhp 38.7kgm

Kerb weight: 1565-1585kg

L/W/H: 4385/1831/1590mm

Expected: Mid-2012

Price: Rs 25-35 lakh

Attachments

Chevrolet Enjoy (MPV)

Shanghai Automotive Industry Corporation (SAIC) that picked up a 50 percent stake in GM India last year has big plans for India. Among the products headed here is the Wuling-made CN-100 MPV. The CN-100 may not score too high on styling but its trump card will be its versatility. Likely to be sold as a seven-seater, its second and third row seats can also be folded flat or removed altogether. Powering the MPV will be a 1.4-litre petrol engine that will be joined by the Fiat-sourced 1.3 Multijet diesel in 2013. The CN-100 will be manufactured at General Motors’ Talegaon plant and will be sold under the Chevrolet brand name. With no diesel option available until 2013, GM will have to price the CN-100 very competitively to attract buyers. Don’t be surprised if this one comes with a sub-Rs 6 lakh price tag.

Factfile:

Engine: 1.4-litre petrol

Power/Torque: 102bhp/13.35kgm

Kerb weight: 1205kg

L/W/H: 4305/1680/1750mm

Expected: July 2012

Price: Rs 6 lakh

Attachments

Ford Fiesta hatchback

There has been a lot of interest in the new Fiesta hatchback of late and if our spy picture of a test car is anything to go by, then Ford seems to have finally decided to manufacture the model in India.

The hatchback is identical to the saloon up till the B-pillar. Thereafter, the smartly executed hatch section gives the car better proportions than the Fiesta saloon. The interiors will be shared with the saloon as will the pair of 1.5-litre petrol and diesel engines. While it will be positioned as a premium hatchback, pricing will still be critical. If priced above Rs 6.5 lakh, the Fiesta hatchback could have the same fate as the Honda Jazz when it was first launched.

Factfile:

Engines: 1.5-litre petrol, 1.5-litre diesel

Power/Torque: 107bhp/14.2kgm,

88.7bhp/20.8kgm

Kerb weight: 1153kg

L/W/H: 3950/1722/1475mm

Expected: Mid-2012 Price: Rs 6.5 lakh

Attachments

Ford Endeavour

The Ranger pickup that forms the basis for the Endeavour is already on sale in Thailand so it’s just a matter of time before the SUV comes to India. The design conforms with Ford’s global design language, so the final SUV version will look a whole lot more modern than the current dated Indian model.

The interiors should be step up too with a smarter fascia and use of better materials. Thai Rangers are available with a new 148bhp 2.2-litre TDCi diesel engine and this motor could replace the 2.5-litre powerplant currently on the Endeavour. The new engine comes mated to six-speed manual and automatic transmissions which may be India-bound as well. A price hike seems imminent but Ford could offset this by offering the Endeavour loaded with features.

Attachments

HM Ambassador (sub-4 metre)

If you thought the Ambassador was dead, think again. A new pick-up variant for the rural markets has just hit the roads and now Hindustan Motors (HM) wants to cash in on excise benefits extended to sub-four-metre cars. Yes, a sub-four-metre Ambassador is on its way.
The length reduction is courtesy a shorter humped boot section, reminiscent of the original Amby
of the 1950s. The 1.5-litre diesel engine that currently powers the car will be re-tuned for improved performance and to meet newer emission norms. A CNG option will also be offered. Expect the car to cost Rs 30,000 less than the standard Ambassador. Love it or hate it, the Amby is here to stay.

Factfile:

Engine: 1.5-litre diesel

Power/Torque: NA

Kerb weight: NA

L/W/H: NA

Expected: Early-2012

Price: Rs 4.8 lakh

Attachments

Top Bottom