Unknown Features of Fiat Punto and Linea

I guess it is cost cutting. I couldn't see any help with a single light instead of 2 [frustration].
Ya I guess so but they dont know that one is of no use and they can do a further cost cutting by removing the second also:$:-):-P:- (on a lighter note)
I guess there are two lamps at the rear but one is used as rear fog lamp, if I am not wrong.

Why no do some DIY and get it back in white color ?

Gr8 I never knew it although I have been using Punto from almost 3 yrs now, a petrol and diesel.Thanks for the info.
Haa haa! Thanks to the way Fiat markets its beauties. Most of the features would be self discovery in the course of time by owners [evil]

Yes its same in polo too. I think there are many cars with only one reverse light, i20 too has only one. May be some so called European standard.
Yeah, I have noticed the same. European cars, especially hatches comes with single reverse light.

Also I noticed one feature that if you try to install a led bulb or a out of spec bulb for parking or the indicator or brake light the car gives an alarm indication in the instrument panel stating check the specific light.
In addition to this if I drive within 60 to 80 kmph my diesel emotion gives an average of 25+ kmpl.

I am a Punto 90HP owner, and I would like to confirm that following POINTS are untrue.

#3. Punto does not come with Hydraulic engine mounts! I know this because I had all three of mine replaced under warranty and they were rubber. Mine is a 2012 model, dont know if they came on the previous models. However, Palio came with those.

#23. Speed sensing Headunit/volume control is a SHAM!!! ~ Its cost cutting that appears like a feature to us, SAD!

Its got to do with the Tiny 55AH battery they give you as OEM. Replace this batter with a bigger 65AH, the one that comes in swift, and you will see this disappear magically.

#24 speed sensing wipers is a SHAM too! ~ Its cost cutting that appears like a feature to us, SAD!

Again once you replace your stock 55AH to a Fiat recommended 65AH and this will be gone for good.

In the higher RPMs the alternator produces more power hence you get louder audio and faster wipers.

You can check it out while the car is at stand still too, rev the car past 2200 rpm and see the wipers going faster and music getting louder and once its back to idling it slows down and mellows down too respectively.

#20 I couldnt get my punto to have one parking light lit with the indicator stack.

In my Old Siena I had option of autoclosing of windows when Door closed via remote. This feature is not available in new fiat vehicles. any option to do such?

In the higher RPMs the alternator produces more power hence you get louder audio and faster wipers.
It is indeed a feature,

Try same with aftermarket HU.

#20 I couldnt get my punto to have one parking light lit with the indicator stack.
I think you still need to know your punto better.

BTW Swift has large battery cause swift has things like electric power steering which obviously needs more power.

I am a Punto 90HP owner, and I would like to confirm that following POINTS are untrue.

#3. Punto does not come with Hydraulic engine mounts! I know this because I had all three of mine replaced under warranty and they were rubber. Mine is a 2012 model, dont know if they came on the previous models. However, Palio came with those.

#23. Speed sensing Headunit/volume control is a SHAM!!! ~ Its cost cutting that appears like a feature to us, SAD!

Its got to do with the Tiny 55AH battery they give you as OEM. Replace this batter with a bigger 65AH, the one that comes in swift, and you will see this disappear magically.

#24 speed sensing wipers is a SHAM too! ~ Its cost cutting that appears like a feature to us, SAD!

Again once you replace your stock 55AH to a Fiat recommended 65AH and this will be gone for good.

You can check it out while the car is at stand still too, rev the car past 2200 rpm and see the wipers going faster and music getting louder and once its back to idling it slows down and mellows down too respectively.

@rider16: I think the points 23 & 24 are really features. Atleast I can confirm #23. As in my 2012 Punto Active, I can turn on or turn off this feature via headunit controls.

And regarding these features turned off while replacing the battery is because the preset controls will be lost when we replace the battery. Don't you notice the trip meter and clocks reset while disconnecting and reconnecting battery.

#20: I have checked this and working. Turn off the engine and take the key out. Just give a flick to the indicator stalk (right/left) once, then turn on the park light. It will glow only in one side.

Top Bottom