Unknown Features of Fiat Punto and Linea

When you turn on the music system after the engine is off and key is removed it will automatically turn off after some time (30 minutes I think) for power saving. This is very use full feature otherwise you will eventually drain your battery and you won't be able to start again [cry].

I guess most of the new generation vehicles have this feature.

It is 20 mins auto turn off. However you can change the setting so that it switches off as soon the ignition key is turned off.

This feature helps when you have to wait at a longer signals, railway crossings with the ignition key off. Every time you need not manually switch on the music player once ignition key is turned off.

It is 20 mins auto turn off. However you can change the setting so that it switches off as soon the ignition key is turned off.

This feature helps when you have to wait at a longer signals, railway crossings with the ignition key off. Every time you need not manually switch on the music player once ignition key is turned off.
How can we do this? I'll wanna do it. It'll help a lot in the cases you mentioned.

When dim head lights are on, the rear fog lights will be ON only if front fog lights are switched ON. And Rear fog lights will be OFF automatically when front fog lights are switched OFF.

Just found it 2 weeks back. Can any one please confirm the behavior.

When dim head lights are on, the rear fog lights will be ON only if front fog lights are switched ON. And Rear fog lights will be OFF automatically when front fog lights are switched OFF.

Just found it 2 weeks back. Can any one please confirm the behavior.
Yeah you are correct and there is more than just this, both rear and front fog lights will switch off as soon as you switch off the parking/dim lights.

How can we do this? I'll wanna do it. It'll help a lot in the cases you mentioned.
Press the 'Menu' button on the HU and use the 'Up / Down' keys to scroll to the option 'RADIO OFF'. Use the 'Left / Right' arrow keys to change the option from '00 MIN' to '20 MIN' Now when you switch off the engine by turning the key to 'STOP', the HU will remain ON for 20 minutes

The flip side, do remember to manually switch off the music system when you leave the car

[confused]It would definitely be irritating IMHO. So i think let it be how it is.
Well, it depends on individual's practice. Even with my previous car, I have been always following practice of switching off all electricals before I turn off the engine & leave the car. Be it music system or AC or headlamps; this comes as a habit to me. So am able to utilize this Music system feature in Punto effectively [clap]

Please check the photos attached, the black color duct. Last year when the floor carpet was removed (my mistake , i kept the window open when it was raining)[evil]
Gr8 I never knew it although I have been using Punto from almost 3 yrs now, a petrol and diesel.Thanks for the info.

I understand you must have had a bad experience brother but there are many others who have had a good time with FIAT cars, including myself. So even though I dont go and pursue everyone to buy a FIAT, at the same time, I wont stop anyone from buying it either.

Please elaborate on the issues you faced, how you contacted the company and what was their response.
Hi sree,
Yes I agree with raj. I am a proud owner of 2 Punto's and it's now been 3 yrs driving it. And the car is just awesome in this segment.This thread is to compliment the car and share the experiencs about the same. If you have some concerns kindly put it in another thread of your own.

Last edited:
Ya I guess so but they dont know that one is of no use and they can do a further cost cutting by removing the second also:$:-):-P:- (on a lighter note)

Top Bottom