Unknown Features of Fiat Punto and Linea

Thread Starter #17
27) In the Punto, in an unfortunate even of an accident, along with the fuel cut off, the doors automatically unlock & the cabin lights come on.

28) The seat belt warning buzzer can be temporarily or permanently disabled.

Re: Finer Details of a Fiat Punto/Linea

Nice thread raj

All power windows still working even we switched OFF the engine (completely turn OFF the key). This is applicable for specific time?. Anyone observed this feature?

What is follow me headlamp?
Yes I observed this yesterday only.

2) Suppose your fog lamps are ON. Now, when you switch OFF your headlights, of course the fog lights will also switch off. But good feature is the fog lights wont automatically turn on the next time you switch on the headlights. that is because Punto does not have a manual switch for fog lights but it has a 'touch' button. Good thing if you keep forgetting to manually switch off fog lights. same applies for rear fog lights also.
But Single Fog lamp doesn't turn ON (atleast need to turn ON parking light).

Thread Starter #22
But Single Fog lamp doesn't turn ON (atleast need to turn ON parking light).
that wont in any car, not just the Punto. Ideally fog lights are to be switched on only in low visibility conditions & to make sure your tail lights are on, the parking lights need to be switched on for the fog lights to work.

29) There is a thread exactly opposite site (read back side internal) to open fuel lid if it is not happening from the lever provided.

I thought you people would be knowing it already. [:)]

Last edited:
Thread Starter #26
That is normal operation. Sound/beep when locking cars is a trademark of aftermarket security systems like Autocop. OE systems in high end cars do not come with the beep.

Thread Starter #28
^^^ Only some cars like Marutis & Mahindra (Scorpio & Xylo) comes with this kind of chirp as they directly outsource their OE security systems to companies like Autocop.

In Punto the exhaust pipe nossel is bend downwards which protects its body ( Esp white Bumper) from diesel exhaust. I have seen many swifts , that there are black spot on rear bumper near point of exhaust.

Top Bottom