Unknown Features of Fiat Punto and Linea

Thread Starter #1
There are many things/features in the Punto/Linea which only its owner knows. Its not mentioned in any brochure nor in any magazine nor in any websites. You discover this when you live with your car, every day is a learning experience with FIAT, it seems!

Some features I have found out in my car -

1) Leave the cabin light ON & it will automatically switch off after some pre determined time to save battery.

2) Suppose your fog lamps are ON. Now, when you switch OFF your headlights, of course the fog lights will also switch off. But good feature is the fog lights wont automatically turn on the next time you switch on the headlights. that is because Punto does not have a manual switch for fog lights but it has a 'touch' button. Good thing if you keep forgetting to manually switch off fog lights. same applies for rear fog lights also.

3) Punto has hydraulic engine mounts to reduce noise & vibration.

4) Cool feature - If any of your warning lights such as brake light, turn indicators, boot light, tail lamp is not working, the car will display a message on the MID with a beep mentioning which bulb is not working.

5) Punto has a speed limit warning which you can manually set. even polo has this.

6) Many cars have door open warning. Punto shows you which exact door is open. For example, door open warning light on the instrument console with a beep followed by a message on the MID which reads "rear left door is open" or "boot is open".

7) Punto shows which track (entire track or album name) is playing or which radio station is set right in front of the driver's eyes, in the MID.

8) Blue & Me feature - Connect upto 5 phones with the car. It will download your entire phonebook from your phone into the car's memory. you can navigate your phonebook through the steering controls & the names will appear on the MID. Makes calls again from the steering & enjoy wireless conversation. This is really really convenient. Even when you are receiving calls, it shows the caller's name (or number) on the MID allowing you to accept or reject calls.

9) Voice commands - You can change tracks, folders, search songs, open phonebook, search contacts & even call you contacts just by talking to your car! Some scenarios -

Me: Call DAD
Punto: Call DAD now?
Me: Yes
Punto: tring tring

or

Me: call 123456789
Punto: call 123456789 now?
Me: Yes
Punto: tring tring

or

Me: Settings
Punto : Settings, Choose your options - car settings, phone settings, ....
Me: Phone settings
Punto: Phone settings, Choose your option - pairing, volume, code, ...

or

Me: Songs
Punto: shows songs on MID
Me: Folder
Punto: shows folders on MID
Me: Genre
Punto: shows genre on MID
Me: Radio
Punto: shifts to radio from USB!

Best part about Punto's voice commands is that there is no specific strict command as such for a function. for example, to listen to USB, you can say anything like "media player" or "music" or "songs" & it will still open USB folder for you!!! It even understands our Indian accent well, something which is a problem that I have noticed in the VW Passat.

10) Pull you headlamp stack once after car is switched off & key is taken out, follow me headlamp feature is activated. even that is customizable! pull lever once, headlamp stays on for 10 seconds. pull lever twice, headlamp stays on for 20 seconds, pull thrice, stays on for 30 seconds!

11) Unlock your car & the cabin light comes on. Open the door, sit inside & close the door & the light goes off in a nice progressive manner - theatre dimming style. Similarly, switch off the car & take the key out, the light comes on slowly. exit & lock the car, the light dims progressively.

12) I dont know if anybody has noticed this, but even after you exit & lock the car, the MID still remains ON for some 10 seconds. Dont know why. Have noticed this in the Polo too.

13) Attention to detail in a FIAT? The charging point has a light. you can see a nice dim orange light in the night when it is unused. Even the USB port inside the glovebox has a light so that you can locate it in darkness to connect your pendrive.

14) Rear wiper automatically starts when you shift to reverse, if front wiper is ON. this is present in many cars.

Inviting other Punters to pour in their "discoveries" with the Punto. It will help us!

Last edited:
Thread Starter #2
Re: Finer Details of a Fiat Punto/Linea

One more -

15) You can download a software from the internet, copy it to your pendrive, insert the pen drive in the car's USB slot & then copy the contents to your computer. it will show your driving habits, how efficient you were & your car's carbon footprints. it will recommend how you can improve your driving to increase fuel efficiency & decrease pollution. I dont know whether this works in Indian cars though, never tried in my car.

http://www.fiat.co.uk/ecodrive/

Last edited:
Thread Starter #3

Two more -

16) Punto has 5 years paint warranty & 5 years anti-corrosion warranty.

17) Punto has 4 years unlimited kms warranty, highest in the segment.

Last edited:

Thanks Raj for the information.
Unlock your car & the cabin light comes on. Open the door, sit inside & close the door & the light goes off in a nice progressive manner - theatre dimming style.
I think this feature is present in our swift.
15) You can download a software from the internet, copy it to your pendrive, insert the pen drive in the car's USB slot & then copy the contents to your computer. it will show your driving habits, how efficient you were & your car's carbon footprints. it will recommend how you can improve your driving to increase fuel efficiency & decrease pollution. I dont know whether this works in Indian cars though, never tried in my car.
Among linea and punto,this feature is only available in linea n india i think,not sure,you can verify if you want.

Nice Thread.

One more addition:

Both these cars has a protection metal undercover below engine which not in many other cars.

One more here:

Once the speed raises above 20 km/hr, all the doors get locked automatically..

Nice thread raj

All power windows still working even we switched OFF the engine (completely turn OFF the key). This is applicable for specific time?. Anyone observed this feature?

What is follow me headlamp?

Thread Starter #8

Follow me headlamp is a feature in which the headlamp remains ON even after you have locked the vehicle, that is, to show the path to your house. it switches off automatically after a predetermined time.

350Z

Core Team
Thread Starter #10
Some more-

18) The entire dash, stereo, instrument console and a/c controls lights up in orange. Good. But this can be dimmed/brightened by pressing +/- buttons on the dash!

19) When you pull the wiper stalk for the washer, it sprays water first (without wiper for a second or so) & then wipes 4 times & then after a few seconds, it gives 1 more wipe to clear the residual water coming down on windshied.

20) You can engage parking light of just one side by turning the indicator stalk to the respective direction with park light on. Good to save battery.

21) Punto has a mechanism that prevents airlock when the fuel goes empty. The car stops with approx 3 litres of fuel still remaining in tank which will be in accessible . So when you refill again your car is back to normal unlike other cars where the airlock has to be released by manually pumping the fuel pump.

22) When the outside temperature is less than 3'celsius the MID shows - POSSIBLE ICE ON ROAD!

23) The HU has a Speed sensing volume feature which you can activate/deactivate. When activated, the music volume increases/decreases with respect to speed/road noise.

24) Wipers are Speed sensitive in Intermittent mode i.e. Wiper speed increases in intermittent mode with increase in Car speed.

25) When the child lock button on the front RHS electrical power window console is activated , both the rear orange lights of the window buttons goes off.

26) You cannot change settings in MID when you are driving – A safety feature.

Few from my side -
- Aero Twin" wipers - The driver side wiper is bigger in size than other.
- Speed Volume Control - The volume of music system adjust itself with the speed of the vehicle.
- Brightness of the orange back lit of the central console can be adjusted.
- You can turn on the right or left side (one) parking lights in the car. Great help if you are going to park the car in dimly lit streets for a long time. No need to use the blinking turn indicators.

Last edited:

AMG

Suspended
I fail to see why this is a separate thread.

IMO, it should be merged with the what special feature does your car have thread.

AMG,this is much much much much better!
- Aero Twin" wipers - The driver side wiper is bigger in size than other.
Our beat too have this feature.
You can engage parking light of just one side by turning the indicator stalk to the respective direction with park light on. Good to save battery.
This feature is available in vento but I dont know how to engage this feature.Have you Raj_5004 observed this feature in polo?

Last edited:
Both these cars has a protection metal undercover below engine which not in many other cars.
All Fiats from the Uno onwards had this feature.

Besides this I'm sure these cars have the other usual Fiat features which I have mentioned in the other thread.

Last edited:

Top Bottom