Unknown Facts of Volkswagen Vento

Thread Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

We can start one new thread like this for as many cars as possible. This will surely help People who have bought the cars but still are unknown of some features. With many international companies entering in indian market, The De facto standards are not yet uniformly spreads. So lets start with Volswagen Vento.

How to start Fog lamps :
heres the tricky part. Owners manual is translated form germany and one can not understand anything about fog lamps. Even there is no information on google and on most of the forums. But finally i figured out how to do that n its very simple.
Solution :
turn the headlight control knob clockwise for two clicks(when starting from off position). then lift up the switch, towards you. Just pull it once for front fog lamps to get activated. A indicator will turn into yellow from red. Pull once more to start rear fog lamps. Here is a picture when front lamp is in ON position.

phpThumb_generated_thumbnailjpeg.jpg

Wiper will not hold in straight position when cleaning the windshield
Solution : It needs to be taken into servicing mode to do that. put the key in ignition. Then again turn anticlockwise so that it comes in off position. Then press wiper lever down once. The wiper will go up n wait in one position from where it can be lifted to clean the glass.

Re: Unknown facts of the car - Volkswagen Vento

Sure a good information. Vento has also overtook sales figures of Polo which makes Vento a very big surprise competetion gto Honda City.

Thread Starter #3

Does anyone know that does the switch placed left to parking lights do? it can not be to clear windshield fog as there is a switch in Air conditioner panel.

Thread Starter #5

That is for your headlight angle whether you want it up or down.
no not that one. Parking light button is above music system. which when pressed blinks all four indicator lamps.

350Z

Core Team

Hey guys !!!

I too have a vento and these things was surprise to me well its been only a few months now.

Well my curiosity is what happens when you push the headlight knob in off position till you hear a click noise and then you would be able to turn to the right and it stays locked there, well I have no idea what happens.

You guys ever encountered this ????

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Bottom