Unique Problem in My Car: Melting Rubber Sheet in Boot

i suspect such melting down is due to corrosive paint or rust treatment chemicals.
rubber can withstand high temperature so heat is not the culprit.

just to confirm :- better investigate about the type of treatment or chemicals used which may or maynot be hazardous to health also .

Thread Starter #17
@350Z , cooldhaya- thanks for good wishes[:)]

Actually - The MASS guys were clueless regarding this melting .Then one of mine friend in Bangalore had a similar problem in his Dzire - for which ABT maruti used a 3M patch to repair it under warranty so I told works manager in MASS to buy and install this 3M product so they repalced it.Since I had earlier paid Rs 5000 for a sheet which was essential a warranty repair so they replaced the new rubber sheet with 3M product free of cost.

But the smell was coming from A/C which was traced to a burnt cigarette lighter wire - irony is that I replaced the cigarette lighter with a new one - see the cutting corners by another MASS( not by this MASS) - even when you pay for replacement - moral of story - it takes three MASS to solve a problem but outcome depends on help from forum like ours - The Automotive India and some good friends.[thumbsup]

@jayadev -Never use anti rust coating in your car - not worth the money.They use a type of chemicals mixed with rubber coating - value -don't know.

Top Bottom