Union Budget 2012: Everything About its Impact on Auto Sector

Re: Union Budget 2012: Everything About its Impact on Auto Sector (Pg. 8)

Hey
Budget proposals still have to be passed.
How can dealers raise prices immediately ?

my budget was around 8 lakh and if the price of city corporate,vento trendline,rapid ambition,fiesta classic and linea goes up by even 30k i will have to buy a hatchback and then vote for some other party in 2014 [anger]

Few observations. Last time when government reduced excise duty only one or two car makers reduced price other car makers did not reduce saying they need to absorb input cost etc. But now when government increased excise duty everybody seem to be readying price hikes is not it irrational and taking consumer for ride. Also steel prices do fluctuate through out the year and I have not seen any one reducing price ever where as when prices go up they come increase price saying input costs have gone up. It completely looks irrational.

Man that's ridiclous, Govt is just increasing the prices like anything. I feel so bad sometimes when i compare the car prices in US and India. You can get a top model V6 accord for 15L and whereas in India i guess it's almost 25L OTR!

Man that's ridiclous, Govt is just increasing the prices like anything. I feel so bad sometimes when i compare the car prices in US and India. You can get a top model V6 accord for 15L and whereas in India i guess it's almost 25L OTR!
25 lakhs OTR !! [:)]the V6 is 32 to 33 lakhs OTR Bangalore,If i remember right my friend got his for 12 lakhs in Bahrain.& Audi A8L with 3 litre diesel engine is 1cr 09Lakhs OTR Bangalore.Compare them to OTR prices around the globe you will see we pay twice the price.

Last edited:

Hi Singh,
The budget will affect from April 01 2012. Financial year start from April 01. It is my assumption, can anyone correct me, if I'm wrong?

Hi Singh,
The budget will affect from April 01 2012. Financial year start from April 01. It is my assumption, can anyone correct me, if I'm wrong?
This is 100% correct in theory.

However, In our beloved country all the things which are supposed to be be costlier will be costlier on the next day of Budget if not the same day and teh things which are cheaper will be cheaper only during 2nd week of April [:)]

Small example: Try buying a Cigarette, it is already costlier and ask for the matchbox it is still selling at the same cost!!!

I have booked the car and would get it in a week. Will I have to pay the increased amount? [surprise]
Has the dealer where you have booked your car informed you regarding the price hikes, better negotiate with him.

25 lakhs OTR !! [:)]the V6 is 32 to 33 lakhs OTR Bangalore,If i remember right my friend got his for 12 lakhs in Bahrain.& Audi A8L with 3 litre diesel engine is 1cr 09Lakhs OTR Bangalore.Compare them to OTR prices around the globe you will see we pay twice the price.
Yes our state Karnataka has the highest taxation policies all over the country, thanks to the IT industry flourishing now.

Well the in this case you shroud get the car at pre-budget price as per commitment.
In worst case if they refuse to then threaten them about cancellation, this will surely help. If they still refuse then at-lest ask them about more free bees.

Dealers of "Skoda" are really "Froud" & "Swindler"
[evil]

Skoda "Customer Care" also is "Completely Useless" & "waste of time".

Today (even after consistently asking from 10 days) they still not confirming the availability of car, While Skoda Auth. Dealer's Sales Executive told me that they got "Revised Price list" & "Skoda Rapid Ambition TDI 1.6 MT" is going to be Rs. 23000 expensive & they unable to provide car as per their commitment (Pre Budget Price), While during booking this commitment was the "Base" of booking but now dealer denies.

Another strange fact is "Skoda Customer Care - 181001026464/18002094646" have no update for this price hike & no official information.[confused]

Only Solution is to get rid from "Skoda", If the condition before purchase is this then I can imagine what can be "Customer Support & After sales service"[angry]

What should we can do in this situation..? Is there any "Consumer Support" available in this forum...?

Dealers of "Skoda" are really "Froud" & "Swindler"
[evil]

Skoda "Customer Care" also is "Completely Useless" & "waste of time".

Today (even after consistently asking from 10 days) they still not confirming the availability of car, While Skoda Auth. Dealer's Sales Executive told me that they got "Revised Price list" & "Skoda Rapid Ambition TDI 1.6 MT" is going to be Rs. 23000 expensive & they unable to provide car as per their commitment (Pre Budget Price), While during booking this commitment was the "Base" of booking but now dealer denies.

Another strange fact is "Skoda Customer Care - 181001026464/18002094646" have no update for this price hike & no official information.[confused]

Only Solution is to get rid from "Skoda", If the condition before purchase is this then I can imagine what can be "Customer Support & After sales service"[angry]

What should we can do in this situation..? Is there any "Consumer Support" available in this forum...?
Search for Skoda Superb. You will get to know how pathetic is skoda a.s.s.

Motor Vehicle Tax Increased in Maharashtra Budget

The automobiles will be costlier in Maharashtra after this budget. The Maharashtra budget has increased the motor vehicle tax levied on petrol cars and jeeps by two per cent. It has also increased the tax levied on diesel cars and jeeps by four per cent.
But the good news is that the state government has however, lowered the tax on CNG vehicles by two per cent. The tax levied on purchase of cars and jeeps is as per their price. Currently, for vehicles costing up to Rs. 7 lakh, the tax levied is seven per cent. It is eight per cent for vehicles costing between Rs. 10 lakh and Rs 20 lakh and nine per cent for vehicles costing more than Rs. 20 lakh.[frustration]

It was reported that there was also announcement of reduction in taxes for each of the above slabs for new motor vehicles fitted with CNG kits by the manufacturer. The new tax rate will be five per cent for CNG vehicles costing up to Rs. 10 lakh, six per cent for vehicles costing between Rs. 10- 20 lakh and seven per cent for vehicles costing above Rs. 20 lakh.[cheers]

Source:
Motor vehicle tax increased in Maharashtra budget | WheelsUnplugged

Maharashtra cut's Tax on Imported car's

The Maharashtra Government has decided to cut vehicle tax on company owned and imported vehicles. The tax on such vehicles will now be charged at 20% of the cost of the vehicle.

The state cabinet unanimously decided to cut the tax on imported and company owned vehicles as the transport department had reported that thousand of vehicles were getting registered in neighboring states to avoid high level of taxes in Maharashtra. Earlier imported and company owned vehicles attracted a tax of 22% for petrol vehicles and 26% for diesel vehicles.

The state government had raised the tax on private vehicles in the last budget. For private vehicles the tax has been increased by 2% for petrol and 4% for diesel vehicles. The change has already been implemented. The cut in tax on imported and company owned vehicles will be implemented with immediate effect.[clap]

This is a great news for the resident's of Maharashtra.

Source:
Maharashtra cuts tax on imported cars - The Economic Times

Top Bottom