Unfortunate Accident But XUV500 Saves the Day..

Thread Starter #1
Hello all boys.Now a days I was very very busy due to a new colony work and some contracts,that is why I did not got any chance to come and see you all for a long time.But above all the busy schedule and all works are my children and after I heard on phone about the accident of the car,I felt like really losing my whole world and my heart only started working at normal pace only after I saw my children and talked to them.

My children on 20 July after the Kaanwad Yatra was over went to our village and Meerut for a family function in our,in fact their XUV 500 W6(Car no.UP 15 AW 9002).While they were coming back to Noida in the afternoon of 21 July then after they came out of Meerut then on byepass on the national highway 58 my daughter took the car from my son and they started moving towards Delhi.
Soon they crossed a flyover and overtook a loaded truck filled with sand and kept moving at about 70-80 kph speed.
Suddenly in front of the car came a boy with a bicycle and my daughter applied the brakes and car stopped at the same place due to good brakes of the XUV.But my children never knew that the real danger was behind them.The car which was already near the edge of road for saving the bicycle riding boy was very hardly hit by the loaded truck from back as the truck was also at high speed of 60-70 kph after coming down from flyover.So the car first hit by truck directly fell in a ditch on the side and stopped after hitting a tree.

But thanks to Mahindra for providing us a very safe car.The car's airbags opened and as my children had tied seat belt so they both were safe with some scratches.
My children were perfectly fit and they themselves called me telling me about accident and themselves filed FIR and all legal works.

So again my respect for Mahindra increased even more,they are really the safest cars in the price they are bought.
THANK YOU MAHINDRA FOR PROVIDING US SAFE CARS LIKE XUV 500.

Last edited:
Re: Unfortunate Accident but the XUV 500 saves the day..

thank god your children are safe and sound. sorry about the whole episode.your belief in mahindra is getiing ratified once again. i too have decided to join the club and have booked a bolero di 4x4.

I am glad to hear that all are safe. And these are incidents when we regret of not buying car with ABS and airbags. So people in TAI and outside, please dont compromise for safety. One incident and you will loose everything. Good built of XUV and airbags saved a day for you and your family. God Bless. Take care.[:)]

Thread Starter #4

Right both of you are.
Smooth Rider:You must go on for Bolero,it is one gem car.

Dharmesh:You are right,our most precious cargo is our own family and their safety is a must in the cars.

Now I will get this car repaired and send it to village to add to my garage as a tribute for keeping my children safe and now I will buy a W8 XUV with 6 airbags.Luxury car will come after that.

Very Happy to know that your kid's are safe, This incident is a testament to Mahindra's build quality this model infact got 4 star rating in ANCAP. nice to know that your kid's wore their seat belts that's the kind of habit which we should encourage our kid's to learn.

Mahendra thank god your tiny twins are safe man
Please post pics of the car

Boy-O-boy! Good to know that your family is safe. It must have been a real heck out of an experience! This again highlights the importance of how vital are safety feautres like Air Bags in a car. Alas! Most of the times they are ignored!

Mahendra sir, your committment to safety in saying you will next buy a W8 is very commendable.

We find a lot of people comparing airbags/abs and non airbags/abs model for price and figuring out how much they can save -> my only response to them always is can they can put a price on the precious lives of their loved ones who would be travelling in the car and how does that compare to the difference in price of the 2 models ?

Glad to hear that your kids are safe mahendraji.

And yes KUDOS to mahinda for making good and strong vehicles.

Thank god your family members were safe after the incident.

Hope your children are out from the trauma.

Finally it's gods grace, they are safe.

@Mahendra sir:
Its really shocking to hear about the incident.I got this update(via friends who work in Noida and daily do up-down) that a truck tailgated and threw away an XUV at Mohinuddinpur(Meerut byepass) but now I am really shocked to know that the car was yours.I think the car may be parked in the Delhi road police station of Meerut,right?

Well,thanks to God for keeping both the occupants safe and I hope both of them are out of any kind of trauma because such accidents leave a quite long lasting effect on mind(Ask me,I have experienced thrice:stupid:).But still,take extra care of girl because after such incidents,girls tend to loose their confidence.
And at last,thanks to the safety features of the XUV which kept both of them safe.

Though i feel sorry for the accident but feel happy that all passengers are safe.

I have always had respect for mahindra for their well built cars. We too had survived a huge accident with our armada and the build quality Then saved my dads and my life.

@mahendraji
Its good that all are safe and that too without any major injuries.we pray to god that nothing like this happen to anyone ever.well there are some things that money can buy,me too survived a crash with minor abrasions just because of wearing seat belts and the safety features in the car.

My car has no safety features [cry]
When you upgrade next, you can always keep this in the high priority.
Btw you forgot the greatest safety feature, the driver !

Since you got no other aids(or in any case), the onus lies on you to do better as a driver [:)]

Happy to know that your children are safe. [:)]. Happier that they had put the seat belts still many of us don't do that.

Please post the pics if you have and also share the details of cost involved in restoring and how much did insurance help.

Top Bottom