Under Dashboard Lighting

@ Akash, great looking stuff. In picture it is looking very bright. Don't know whether they are that bright or not but kool stuff I must say. How much you paid for this stuff.

Ya i know I can check the ownership thread. Which I will but just a figure would do.

THanks

I think using strip light will give uniform brightness than the round led, any comments[confused].

Just now i went through the whole threat, got inspired i am going to do it in my Scorpio (DIY). Will come up with the pictures in another 2 to 3 days[thumbsup]

@ Akash, great looking stuff. In picture it is looking very bright. Don't know whether they are that bright or not but kool stuff I must say. How much you paid for this stuff.

Ya i know I can check the ownership thread. Which I will but just a figure would do.

THanks
Thanks Shailinder, they are bright but does not affect the driving.

Can any one tell me who can do this kind of installation in chennai. I tried with couple of mechanics in vadapalani and they said they have not done it before.

Will it be okie to have this lights on when we drive.. I have seen in so many movies, while driving can see the driver and co driver..

SMS

Can any one tell me who can do this kind of installation in chennai. I tried with couple of mechanics in vadapalani and they said they have not done it before.

Will it be okie to have this lights on when we drive.. I have seen in so many movies, while driving can see the driver and co driver..

SMS
You can do your self. its ok to drive when these ligths are on as the lights are facing downwards.

Thanks.

If I can do it myself, how do i do it. I have never done anything in my car related to electrical by myself. [ Even though I do all my house hold electrical tasks myself ]

Is there any note or pdf about how to do it. My main fear would be from where I will get the power source. I know near the dash board only power source visible and reachable is the wire which lead to my music system.

SMS

Thanks.

If I can do it myself, how do i do it. I have never done anything in my car related to electrical by myself. [ Even though I do all my house hold electrical tasks myself ]

Is there any note or pdf about how to do it. My main fear would be from where I will get the power source. I know near the dash board only power source visible and reachable is the wire which lead to my music system.

SMS

The power source is left to u, As I have given it to the parking lights, its ur wish when it should glow, if u need same as mine I can help u in the wiring... with photos..

I think using strip light will give uniform brightness than the round led, any comments[confused].

Just now i went through the whole threat, got inspired i am going to do it in my Scorpio (DIY). Will come up with the pictures in another 2 to 3 days[thumbsup]
Yes strip led's are more bright than the round one's..

Hi Varun,

Can you please provide the steps using photos. so that I can try.

Sethu
Hi u can find an pic regarding the wiring (pic might be little kiddish)

Here the red one denotes the power supply either u can get it from the parking lights, accessory socket (cd player power), or directly from the battery, & the black (negative) is flowing through out the car body you can connect them to any screws found around it ..using a switch is left to u either u can use or ignore it..So thr will be an flow of single wire (red) through out the wiring process.. if any queries pls get back..[thumbsup]

I hope this was helpful..

Attachments

Top Bottom