Ultimate Guide For Maintaining Chevrolet Beat Diesel

Thread Starter #46
You do this to the lever, you putting leverage on it and the impact goes right down on to the gear lever bush parts.
No,i am not using pipe wrench in the gear lever, i am using it in the bottom part of the gear knob; and trust me it wont damage the gear lever bush if you use the pipe wrench correctly.

No need to use pipe wrench. Cut the rubber parts till it clears off in two sections. Just use pliers to extract the item.
Sometimes the regular pliers don't work here, that's why i used a large pipe wrench to remove it..

Do mention the socket size for hub nut. Please.
Axle Nut socket size is 32mm
And sorry for the late reply..:sorry:

Thread Starter #47
Any scope for DIY throttle body/EGR/injector cleaning?
I cleaned my throttle body recently (at 45K) but forgot to take pictures. I will definitely post the steps next time..[sad]

Removing the EGR is one of the toughest job,you need to remove the whole wiper assembly and panels to get enough room to work.. I tried to remove the EGR in two beat's (mine and my friend's) but in both cars, even after removing every screws, i can't able to disassemble the EGR assembly,it was very stuck. It may be due to the heavy buildup of carbon deposit...So i decided to skip that..:confused: I will post the DIY once i successfully disassemble the EGR assembly...

Diesel Injector's cleaning process is not as simple as gasoline injector. You need special testing equipment's to check the injectors and need great knowledge in disassembling and assembling the tiny parts inside the injectors. So the diesel injector cleaning can't be done as a DIY! [frustration]
(At least for now... :lol!:)

Thread Starter #48
Unfortunately i have to stop this thread right here! [sad] Because i sold my beat due to my excessive urge for a more comfortable sedan! (Changes are inevitable in life! [:D]) .
I started this thread with an aim that this thread must be as good as a service manual for beat and must be very useful for DIYers and Beat Diesel owners. But things didn't go well as expected... As my urge for an upgrade became uncontrollable, i finally decided to sell her!!

IMG_20210423_151633_compress13.jpg

Her Final Pic...

After selling my beat, i started my hunt for a sedan and luckily within 1 week i found the one and bring her to home exactly the day i saw her first! (Love at First Sight [;)]).
Will post the details and plans about her in another thread ASAP!! [evil]

Last edited:
Unfortunately i have to stop this thread right here! [sad] Because i sold my beat due to my excessive urge for a more comfortable sedan! (Changes are inevitable in life! [:D]) .
I started this thread with an aim that this thread must be as good as a service manual for beat and must be very useful for DIYers and Beat Diesel owners. But things didn't go well as expected... As my urge for an upgrade became uncontrollable, i finally decided to sell her!!

View attachment 286387
Her Final Pic...

After selling my beat, i started my hunt for a sedan and luckily within 1 week i found the one and bring her to home exactly the day i saw her first! (Love at First Sight [;)]).
Will post the details and plans about her in another thread ASAP!! [evil]
Sir can you help me with a fault code solution p0069 chevy beat diesel.... i don't even know if it has a Map sensor and if it does where's it located ? And the solution to this code
Thanks .

Thread Starter #50
Sir can you help me with a fault code solution p0069 chevy beat diesel.... i don't even know if it has a Map sensor and if it does where's it located ? And the solution to this code
Thanks .
P0069 trouble code can be triggered by a
-Faulty MAP Sensor
-Clogged Intake Manifold/MAP Sensor
-Clogged Air Filter
-Wiring Faults
-ECU Issues

The main reason behind this trouble code is a clogged MAP Sensor..Cleaning the sensor may clear your problem..MAP Sensor is located in the intake manifold near firewall..
If your MAP sensor is clogged, then there are chances that your intake manifold and EGR is clogged too...Better check and clean those too if necessary..

Hi, i am facing an issue with my Chevrolet Beat diesel since quite sometime now.

Background - due to a flood situation 4 years ago another car saied and sat on my windshield causing the windshield to shatter and water to flood in to my car. The water drained of within two hours however the car was sitting at the service center for 2 months approx before it was fixed. Since then i start getting an error for EGR valve, post multiple cleaning sessions of EGR valve that error code did not come up but ever since engine Overboost code p0234 started appearing. I have changed my turbo twice both the times my turbo turbines shattered. Earlier the vehicle was cutting turbo and loss of power noticed when touching 3000 rpm at any gear. Later the performance of the car increased. Now o get the same error but the performance doesn't drop. Error code comes up when i touch 100 kmph which bring the rpm to 3000 on 3/4/5th gears. We have cleant the intercooler, replaced it. Swapped ECM too, checked with a new turbo too but the problem persists. Can you suggest what may be the right course of action to deal with this issue.

Hi could you please help me. My 2013 Chevrolet beat diesel throttle response is very laggy. I have checked here in a local workshop and they told me it the issue with accelerator pedal sensor and I have replaced it with a new one. But after few weeks the same issue happened. The error code is showing as P2138-00.
Now the isse is happening intermittent. Most of the time the issue is there and some times car runs smoothly.

Top Bottom