Ugly Face of KSM Motors (Volkswagen): Damages a Client’s Jetta on Joyride

Thread Starter #1

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
so i read this story on facebook.

This is what @Volswagen India has classified a minor accident while the car was in their possession for a regular oil change service. The company has been lying through its teeth, first hiding the very accident from us while discussing the charges for the regular service. On the day that the car was to be returned, we were informed that the car had met with a minor accident. Till date we have not been shown the actual car and these are the only pictures we have. The story so far (below is the actual complaint that I have now sent to their corporate office as directed by the Volkswagen international page here on Facebook. I received an automated message confirming the receipt of my complaint but I have not been contacted by anyone yet). Today Volkswagen has washed its hands off the entire issue, claiming the accident occurred through no fault of theirs and they cannot do anything about it. Unfortunately for them, they have left behind a complete paper trail and written records showing the truth in their own words - the car was taken out for a joy ride by these people and one of them has caused this accident. The official letter states that VW India is unable to do anything as we will not accept any of their 'offers' (read insurance fraud, filing of a false police complaint and a fake First Information Report - all serious criminal offences under the Indian Penal Code).

Hello,

I was given these email addresses via the VW International page on Facebook. I am writing to you to bring to your attention the sheer disregard for customer service and how the VW brand is being tarnished in India due to some bad elements in the VW India network.

I have a VW Jetta (registration number _____________) (VIN / Chassis number – ___________) (Model - Jetta AT 1.9 TDI). The vehicle is registered in the name of my company OWS Freight Systems Pvt. Ltd. and I am a Director in this company. Following is the brief of the incident with a VW authorized dealer (KSM Motors Pvt. Ltd.) and the lack of action from VW India thereafter.

• On 16th August, the car was sent to the authorized dealer for regular planned service and maintenance as per a scheduled appointment with KSM Motors, an authorized dealer and workshop for VW India

• 18th August – after various discussions over phone and email, we were given an estimate of INR 42,700 for the servicing and same was approved by us over email. We were informed that the car would be ready to be collected on 20th August by 6 pm

• On the evening of 20th August, representatives from KSM Motors approached us and informed that during a test run by their service engineer, the car met with a ‘minor accident’ on the evening of 18th August around 7.30 pm

o We were provided the photos that have been attached with this email as evidence of the ‘minor’ accident

o From the pictures it is evident that this was a major head-on accident

o The representatives from KSM Motors went on to offer us a deal – if we would pass the accident as if it was done by us and claim money from our insurance agency, KSM Motors would pay us any deductible or other charges that the insurance company may charge us

o We were shocked by the proposal and the casual manner in which it was presented and summarily dismissed this offer of criminal fraud and refused to entertain any such offers. We made it clear that it was not the policy of our company to indulge in any such criminal and fraudulent activity and expected better ethical standards from a company like VW

o As there was no way our vehicle could be returned by 6pm on Aug 20th as was promised, we demanded replacement vehicle in lieu of our car which had been damaged by the authorized dealer. Though the representatives seemed to admit their mistake, they said they were not in a position to provide even a temporary Jetta while the matter was being resolved. They arranged for an old, rickety Toyota Innova taxi as interim relief August 21st onwards.

o At this time, no police complaint or other proof was presented by the representatives to support their version of the minor accident.
• Post the meeting on 20th August we have been made various offers as under:

o KSM Motors would buy our old car at ‘fair market value’ and sell us a new car of our choice

This offer was summarily rejected by us as this smells of a scam – the fair market value of the car is now very low as the dealer has wrecked it. Moreover, this seems like a convenient way of selling a new car and lacks any effort on the part of the dealer and VW India to right the wrong done to us, not to mention the stress and aggravation caused by this ordeal to us. This high handed approach, after the previous unethical encounter has left us very saddened by the general state of affairs of VW in India

o KSM Motors would sell us a used car of a similar make and model which was being used by “one of their Directors” and since the cost of this used car was more than our car in its present wrecked form, we would pay the balance to the Director

At this point it seemed that whenever we thought VW India and its authorized dealers had stooped to their lowest point, they went ahead and proved us wrong. This proposal is wrong on so many levels including the little matter of corporate governance at VW India and the conflict of interest of this un-named Director. This is adding further insult to injury by VW India and its authorized dealer

• Upon constant daily follow-ups we were informed by KSM Motors representatives that they are still not able to ‘resolve’ the matter as we are unwilling to ‘accept’ any of their ‘offers’. The cause of delay was thus conveniently put on us for not ‘working with them’ to resolve the issue.

• This was not the end of our shocks. We had been demanding the copy of the police complaint and a written undertaking from the authorized dealer that there was no death or damage or destruction of property or harm to any person as a result of this accident. Till date, no such undertaking has been received which is a cause of grave concern to us. For all we know, some person might have been seriously injured or killed in the accident and we demand to be indemnified from any responsibility or claim arising as a result of this accident.

o After 10 days of asking for it, we were finally given a copy of the police report of the accident – the biggest shock was yet to come
The official police report states that the accident occurred on the 16th of August around 11.30 pm – the very day the car was given to the authorized dealer for servicing. This means the accident was hidden from us for 4 days, all the while the authorized dealer was corresponding with us over phone and email about the servicing of the car and asking for our approval to begin the servicing of the car. Moreover, from the timing of the accident – night 11.30 pm it is evident that someone at the dealership has taken the car out for a personal joy ride. Perhaps the intention of hiding the accident from us for 4 days was to try and repair the car without informing us and passing on the costs as inflated charges for our original request. Once it become clear that the accident was too major to be fixed without raising suspicion, the authorized dealer informed us 4 days later.
Needless to say, this was the shock of shocks.

We have sent letters to both VW India and the authorized dealer demanding an explanation of this major discrepancy in the lies fabricated by them and the police report, but till date no reply has been given by either of them

• I finally decided to take to social media and posted the picture of the damaged car along with a short description on the VW India Facebook page in hopes of eliciting a response and possible resolution from VW India. The only real response I got was three people saying that they would never buy a VW car. VW India on the other hand only asked me to send it a personal message with some additional details which I promptly did last Friday. On Monday I got a generic message stating that my request had been entered in their backend system.

• I tried contact VW customer care over the phone after that. When I gave them the required information, the started discussing about the planned maintenance that was to be done on the car instead of the accident case. This makes me question where my actual complaint has been registered. I subsequently asked VW India through their messaging system on Facebook that I wanted to have a complaint reference number as well as a strict deadline as to when my complaint would be resolved. I was given a reply that complaint resolution takes time and was still not given any complaint number. — at Volkswagen
309213_10151040563606993_41026085_n.jpg

309126_10151040563441993_787752920_n.jpg

184010_10151040563726993_1455375148_n.jpg

296579_10151040563891993_1610331520_n.jpg

296874_10151043707616993_351219_n.jpg

581500_10151043707876993_1212815536_n.jpg

305088_10151043708171993_873873894_n.jpg

551849_10151043708466993_878175411_n.jpg

383261_10151043708711993_1401519227_n.jpg

262861_10151043708956993_1394873614_n.jpg

250278_10151043709246993_1852029716_n.jpg

557268_10151043709456993_1808323403_n.jpg

551855_10151043709811993_1133520912_n.jpg

386023_10151043710216993_1478131846_n.jpg

304545_10151043710861993_1862841430_n.jpg

223840_10151043711106993_1847730463_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Ugly face of VW india !

so bad to hear this story.
i have also seen this article on FB
i think the owner has to demand a car replacement with a brand new.
this is not a minor accident it seems.
any details about passengers and thier injury.
its a custom of our people that selling a car after a accident in case done by the owner
but in this case done by the service person or some one so no to claim insurance and repair that car instead go for a replacement by new one with 80% company money.
REGARDS
RAJ

That is some serious accident man, and they calling it a minor one. The car has toppled for sure and should most probably be written off. How can a big car manufacturer shrug-off on a case like this. What's the dealer saying in all this?

freakdude.

Thread Starter #5

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

so bad to hear this story.
i have also seen this article on FB
i think the owner has to demand a car replacement with a brand new.
this is not a minor accident it seems.
any details about passengers and thier injury.
its a custom of our people that selling a car after a accident in case done by the owner
but in this case done by the service person or some one so no to claim insurance and repair that car instead go for a replacement by new one with 80% company money.
REGARDS
RAJ
this article has been posted on many websites , so this is spreading like fire and it should be.
there are no details about any injury but the main thing is that the center told the owners after 4 days of the accident.

this is really shocking.

That is some serious accident man, and they calling it a minor one. The car has toppled for sure and should most probably be written off. How can a big car manufacturer shrug-off on a case like this. What's the dealer saying in all this?

freakdude.
dealer made offers to the owner which no one will entertain. how can they say take our director's car or a second hand car. the owner doesn't know how the car has been used.

How about making a complaint to the Consumer Forum. I've heard they are pretty tough.

freakdude.

Thread Starter #7

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

How about making a complaint to the Consumer Forum. I've heard they are pretty tough.

freakdude.
it'll be the same i think. the court will order the delaer to pay the the owner the current market cost of the car but the owner can charge them with fraud ( not much into law but since they didn't let the owner know about the accident the owner can get serious compensation. )

Re: Ugly Face of Volkswagen India !

Guys it's not VW persay it's the dealer there is a difference in this please understand . The tittle must be revised by mods .

This looks to be really bad from VW and the dealer.

Fellow TAIans who own VW's bit be careful while your dealing !!

This looks to be really bad from VW and the dealer.

Fellow TAIans who own VW's bit be careful while your dealing !!
What has VW done wrong here ? It's the dealer who has done the mess please understand this . Any dealer of any company can do this . The tittle of the thread must be " VW dealer Ksm Mumbais ugly face " mods please change the tittle the tittle is very very misleading .

What has VW done wrong here ? It's the dealer who has done the mess please understand this . Any dealer of any company can do this . The tittle of the thread must be " VW dealer Ksm Mumbais ugly face " mods please change the tittle the tittle is very very misleading .
Yes I agree with you, but if you look at the post, the person also contacted and tried a lot to write to VW and all in vein [cry]

So if a dealer does a mischief then is the company is not responsible for that, do you say they are not at all a party to it. how come it is, how we go to a dealer, when it is announced as authorised dealer.

It is the responsibility of VW India to step into this and clear the mess and black list the dealer. The person is not the customer of dealer, he is the customer VW[:)]

it'll be the same i think. the court will order the delaer to pay the the owner the current market cost of the car but the owner can charge them with fraud ( not much into law but since they didn't let the owner know about the accident the owner can get serious compensation. )
Allhyundai the thread tittle is completely misleading please report the mods to change it .
It must be " VW dealer KSM Mumbai's ugly face" .its the dealer who has done this blunder not the company .
Company can be at fault only when they give a faulty vehicle accident done to the vehicle is a dealers mess .there are other 3 service stations in Mumbai and people are happy with the service provided by them .
Please report the change of tittle to mods because the thread tittle is completely misleading making people feel VW has messed up something were in reality it's the dealer who has done it .

Yes I agree with you, but if you look at the post, the person also contacted and tried a lot to write to VW and all in vein [cry]

So if a dealer does a mischief then is the company is not responsible for that, do you say they are not at all a party to it. how come it is, how we go to a dealer, when it is announced as authorised dealer.

It is the responsibility of VW India to step into this and clear the mess and black list the dealer. The person is not the customer of dealer, he is the customer VW[:)]
Please research what liability a company and a dealer has regarding the vehicle sold.

1)VW is not legally responsible for the well being of the car at the workshop. In order to provide service and support they make available parts and they have appointed the workshops which are independent corporate identities by themselves. VW dosent own dealerships they are just appointed by them .

2)Yes they can step in this matter but its not that they are supposed to do this legally . VW should do this in order to maintain customer goodwill but legally they are not bound to put any pressure and even if they put pressure on KSM , the workshop is not bound to follow VW's directive . The most that VW can do in this matter is strip KSM Motors of the status of an authorised workshop.

The response from VW is not friendly or consumer orientated I agree .

Please don't get emotional please reserach first .there are legal limitations incorporated by law and they hold more value in real life then what is morally wrong and right .
The thread tittle is misleading and must be changed fast .

If the complaint is found genuine VW India must act on the case immediately otherwise it would affect the reputation , brand building as well as the goodwill of the company in India.

The title of the thread pre assumes Volkswagen India to be not protecting customers interests and I do have the opinion that the title of the thread is misleading
As far as we learn from the incident, we can conclude that its something that happened at the dealership and the sole loss caused are by the dealership peoples mishandling of the car. But if VW has received a complaint they have the responsibility to intervene into the matter if they value the customers. Hope they would intervene soon into the matter.

Last edited:

Agreed

Yes, same legal response from a reputed company as the manufacturer, in terms of thier "Customer care" and to have customer loyalty[:)]

Other than this Yes, it is the sole responsibility of KSM !!

Going by law will not win the hearts of customers, a sale is not always made legally but with reputation of company, its customer centric thinking !!

If the problem is not in legally in their territory they just cannot wash of their hands say that go and die with the dealer. I can just manufacture and beyond that I don't have control. simple example to you : though we are manufacturers of the product having channel partners, but we do lot of things beyond this legality keeping the customers in mind as our products are bought by customers thru' a channel looking at our reputation

This is only my personal view and explanation and no offence on your views

Top Bottom