Tyre Upgrade for Swift VXi

dude.. good choice.. BTW, how much did you pay for the tyre? Am planning to get a new set. Currently running on 205/50/R15 and would like to move to 205/55/R15. Since there are very less options in this size, I was planning to stick with S drives again..

Woow Great, the alloys makes your ride look real hot [:)]

Hey all,

Problem is the tyres on one side has lost its life, i.e they have become flat on one side all the four tyres. i had left my car for a regular service. the mech told that its because of the suspensions the tyres are being impacted. He suggested me to get the suspensions fixed from an outside garage. both the front and the back suspensions are gone.

Just wanted to know how much suspensions cost for a swift, and also wheel balancing and for tyre upgrades any good places to get them fixed in bangalore.

Last edited by a moderator:
dude.. good choice.. BTW, how much did you pay for the tyre? Am planning to get a new set. Currently running on 205/50/R15 and would like to move to 205/55/R15. Since there are very less options in this size, I was planning to stick with S drives again..
Hello Naveen,
Thank you very much! I paid Rs.4250/- per tyre. Yokos are approximately 1 to 1.3k more compared to these. You also have the option of maxxis tyres and hankook tyres in this size (205/55-15). Maxxis tyres too are good and is in the same range as Nankang. Not sure of the prices of hankook.

Woow Great, the alloys makes ur ride look real hot [:)]
Thanks dude!

Thanks dude. I'm basically looking for comfort and less road noise. Which would you recommend?
Personally i havent used yokos so cant tell much. If you are more comfortable with yokos then go ahead since you have used them. From my experience of using nankang so far no tyre noise and also very comfortable.

Personally i havent used yokos so cant tell much. If you are more comfortable with yokos then go ahead since you have used them. From my experience of using nankang so far no tyre noise and also very comfortable.
But the problem is 205/55/R15 comes only in S Drives. Many say that S Drives are not available anymore.. So there lies the problem..

Hello friends, I have Swift Lxi 2009 with JK 165/80 R14 tyres. I am planning to change them. Just wanted to know, can I change only two tyres. Due to an accident couple of yrs back one of the tires was changed and because of rotation surprisingly, 2 of the tires are in good shape. My monthly running is max 150 KM per month. So can I change only 2 tires? If yes, than rear or front? Also should I go for the 165/80 R14 or can I up size to 185/65 R14? Please suggest.

swift tires

I own a swift VDi 2006 model swift. Done with 40000 kms Looking to change the tyres.
Dont have Alloy wheels Just normal rims.
Would 195/60/14 Yokohama tyre go well with the car?
I love broader tires. Please suggest[:)]

Regards,
Josh1984

Re: swift tires

I own a swift VDi 2006 model swift. Done with 40000 kms Looking to change the tyres.
Dont have Alloy wheels Just normal rims.
Would 195/60/14 Yokohama tyre go well with the car?
I love broader tires. Please suggest[:)]

Regards,
Josh1984
Though it would go with the rims its not correct and certainly not the right upsize, the right upsize for the rims would be 185/70/14

You must also know 185/70/14 would also look broader provided you go for other brands, MRF ZLO and Bridgestone tyres in the size 185/70/14 looks broader than Yokohama and michelin of the same size

Though it would go with the rims its not correct and certainly not the right upsize, the right upsize for the rims would be 185/70/14

You must also know 185/70/14 would also look broader provided you go for other brands, MRF ZLO and Bridgestone tyres in the size 185/70/14 looks broader than Yokohama and michelin of the same size
Yes You are right.. I just checked Bridgestone MY02 185/70/14 tyres.. They look awesome.. I am going to place an order for the same online. Just wanted to check with you before I do the same. Would this tyre go along with the normal rims of my car??
Please advise..
Thanks a ton for the suggestion.. Really appreciated..

josh1984:What kid of rims do you have.

I think the minimum rim width required s 4.5J This should be mentioned on your rims.Check it out.

Better deals can be had locally.When you buy online installation and WAWB(wheel alignement and wheel balancing) are not included.

Yes You are right.. I just checked Bridgestone MY02 185/70/14 tyres.. They look awesome.. I am going to place an order for the same online. Just wanted to check with you before I do the same. Would this tyre go along with the normal rims of my car??
Please advise..
Thanks a ton for the suggestion.. Really appreciated..
Yes it goes with the rims and you wouldn't have any problems, go for it [;)]

Top Bottom