Tyre Upgrade for Swift VXi

I had my car's suspension changed last year which is running on 205/50/R15 under warranty. Mass wont do wheel alignment and balancing stating that I upsized my tires. Strange? Didnt argue with them.

I am sure that there wouldnt be any problem, and the only problem if so any is the tyres scrapping when fully loaded, but to be on a safer side check with some best wheel dealer in your town they might have done it on some micra's

but the most better way which i would suggest you is to visit a nissan showroom on saturdays thats's when you can find more of your micra buddies of the younger crowd on the showrooms for service and definitely 2 out of 10 would have gone for a upsize and you can check direclty with them how is the GC and about the tyre scrapping issue when fully loaded nothing would be as releaving to you when you hear it from a micra owner

But let me tell there would be no problem whatsoever with 185/70/14

Hi Friends,

Am new to this forum and need advise on setting up alloys for my Swift VXI,
it has done about 85k, I got this car from a friend and it was 55K then a couple years back. The wheels were new then. So the tyres have run for 30k now. They look pretty neat a bit flat on the outer areas, the depth is there on the inner areas. Now am planning to install alloys for this swift

Scene 1 : Can I change the steel rims and put a 14inch rim which is available in the market? And later change the tyres to alloy wheels with a wider one (same 14inch rim).
Scene 2 : Change the entire set, by selling of the old tyres and installing all new alloys.

And am running low on budget as well :frown:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Friends,

Am new to this forum and need advise on setting up alloys for my Swift VXI,
it has done about 85k, I got this car from a friend and it was 55K then a couple years back. The wheels were new then. So the tyres have run for 30k now. They look pretty neat a bit flat on the outer areas, the depth is there on the inner areas. Now am planning to install alloys for this swift

Scene 1 : Can I change the steel rims and put a 14inch rim which is available in the market? And later change the tyres to alloy wheels with a wider one (same 14inch rim).
Scene 2 : Change the entire set, by selling of the old tyres and installing all new alloys.

And am running low on budget as well :frown:
If you are specific on new tyres and might want to push the alloy buying process later go for 185/70/14 or if you want to go all together (alloys + tyres) you can go for various combinations

You can also use 14 inch alloys temporarily on the current stock tyres 165/80/14 and later go for new tyres (185/70/14)

Which ideally means you can do both Scene 1 and Scene 2 as you said, but scene 1 wont leave a huge hole in your pocket and you can change the tyres after another 10-15K kms

Cost break UP for set of 4 Alloys and tyres :

Alloys : 14 inchers 14 K (BSK, Advanti, LX, League, EVO, Platti)
18K (HR,OZ, Lenso's)
Tyres : 185/70/14 16K (Almost Apollo acceleres, Continental, and MRF Zv2k)
18K (Michellin,YOKO's, Bridgestone and MRF ZLO)

The above prices are after medium negotiations

If you are specific on new tyres and might want to push the alloy buying process later go for 185/70/14 or if you want to go all together (alloys + tyres) you can go for various combinations

You can also use 14 inch alloys temporarily on the current stock tyres 165/80/14 and later go for new tyres (185/70/14)

Which ideally means you can do both Scene 1 and Scene 2 as you said, but scene 1 wont leave a huge hole in your pocket and you can change the tyres after another 10-15K kms

Cost break UP for set of 4 Alloys and tyres :

Alloys : 14 inchers 14 K (BSK, Advanti, LX, League, EVO, Platti)
18K (HR,OZ, Lenso's)
Tyres : 185/70/14 16K (Almost Apollo acceleres, Continental, and MRF Zv2k)
18K (Michellin,YOKO's, Bridgestone and MRF ZLO)

The above prices are after medium negotiations
If I understand you correctly, even if width of the tyre is changed (eg. from 165 to 185) there is no need to change the rim, as long as the rim size remains same.

thanks for the info guyz

so what i can be doing here is,

Pick up a set of Alloys for my stock tyres, either Platti, league,anything of a 14 incher and change the tyres after 15k km.

I shall go with this plan then sounds good.
Coming to the Alloys now,
Any Good shops in Bangalore where i can get them done. JC road is crowded always.

If I understand you correctly, even if width of the tyre is changed (eg. from 165 to 185) there is no need to change the rim, as long as the rim size remains same.
A 14 inch rim which takes 165/80/14 can easily take 185/70/14 as there is no big difference in offset, but when you go anything above 185 say 195/65/14then there are chances of tyre bulge which gives room to other niggling issues like tyre scrapping and tyre bulge and keeps you [confused] always

thanks for the info guyz

so what i can be doing here is,

Pick up a set of Alloys for my stock tyres, either Platti, league,anything of a 14 incher and change the tyres after 15k km.

I shall go with this plan then sounds good.
Coming to the Alloys now,
Any Good shops in Bangalore where i can get them done. JC road is crowded always.
I know much places in chennai & coimbatore rather than bangalore for alloys, my personal feeling you get a lot of lemon here in bangalore with just by naming them lenso, momo (or whatever jap or kor imports)

But my advise would be never buy from a shop which has limited options and not much of varieties, as most of them or atleast least of them are used and re-furbished alloys which looks as good as new for a rookie

Buy from a stockist who has more options and open to show you many brands and always start from the least priced ones (always ask for a bill with serial number and warranty mentioned in the bill)

Hello friends,
I have a Swift Vxi which is around 5.5 to 6 years old. The rims are slowly getting rusted due to unknown reasons (Bangalore). Anyone facing/faced the same problem? Because of this i am planning to upgrade my wheels to 15" lenso/ava/evo alloys with 205/55-15 yokohama/nankang/maxxis tyres. Is there any solution to the rusting or do i go ahead and change my wheels? :help:

Hello friends,
I have a Swift Vxi which is around 5.5 to 6 years old. The rims are slowly getting rusted due to unknown reasons (Bangalore). Anyone facing/faced the same problem? Because of this i am planning to upgrade my wheels to 15" lenso/ava/evo alloys with 205/55-15 yokohama/nankang/maxxis tyres. Is there any solution to the rusting or do i go ahead and change my wheels? :help:
Is the rust really evident? If so, it can weaken the alloys. Kindly put up the pics. Alloys shouldnt develop rust.

Is the rust really evident? If so, it can weaken the alloys. Kindly put up the pics. Alloys shouldnt develop rust.
Hello naveen04in,
I have the original wheels and not alloys on my car and they have developed the rust. After this i am planning to put alloys since i wont have this rusting problem in future and will also improve the looks and the performance of the car.

Why to change the rims, only because of rusting? There may be various reason for rusting. But you could still paint your RIMs again.
Hello Dharmesh,
Thank you for your suggestion of repainting the rims. I have decided to go ahead with upgrading to alloys. Have already considered a few designs from evo and ava. Will be putting them this saturday. [:)]

Atlast! After a long wait its done. The alloys are here. [clap]
Check out a few pictures. Will post more tomorrow since i came back just a few minutes back and could not take many pictures.
Alloys : 15" Evo
Tyres : 205/55-15 Nankang NS-2 Sport

Attachments

Top Bottom