Tyre Tips and Maintenance

I bought Windeck Tyre Inflator by ~2K, and it works really good.

IMG_20160131_083021-min.jpg

Features Like: Auto Cut-Off, Emergency Torch and 12 V long power cable

img_20160131_083027 (1).jpg

Cheers
Atul

That's a nice idea. But did you go Santiniketan? As far I know road is good. But each time you drove 110-137 Km that's very encouraging[clap]. Is that non stop or taking brief stop? If you are willing for Santiniketan I am ready to follow[:D]. Puri is more than 400 Km I presume, a very long journey.[roll]
Non Stop Driving - Usually 5-10 min waiting or some time none / Usual stop for take a Leak and visual Tyre Check for 1-2 min - My Driving usage Point A (Home) to Drop someone at Point B or Pick another one and Drop Them all at Point C and come back to Point A (Home) . all are in city limit outskirt of Kolkata or in & out. - I took rest in Long Traffic Snarl.

Never even Go To Singur with the car after it come in my life ( Last 3 Years)

Last edited:
My query with these inflators & all those pressure gauges is how accurate is the calibration? I mean i am already seeing atleast 1~2psi variation at various good pumps & just dropping from 29 to 28 psi makes a staggering difference to the ride. Its for the same reason, i havent put in a TMPS

Ameyam

bhvm

Honoured Member
Yes, As Mentioned in review, its recommended to keep engine running to stabilize the power & prevent Battery Drain.

Yes, As Mentioned in review, its recommended to keep engine running to stabilize the power & prevent Battery Drain.
Hey BHVM, I was following same way prior but somewhere I read that no need to run it while your engine is on.
I manage to fill it with engine off ( only on battery ) for all 4 tyres. Battery was not discharge for my Swift and XUV.

bhvm

Honoured Member
Hey BHVM, I was following same way prior but somewhere I read that no need to run it while your engine is on.
I manage to fill it with engine off ( only on battery ) for all 4 tyres. Battery was not discharge for my Swift and XUV.
Yes, You may fill with Engine off,
But my theory is that it shall put undue Load on battery. Also, as the battery Voltage lowers (due to load), the compressor shall slow down and feel loaded. I can feel the difference in sound of Compressor with Engine On & Off, Esp on Small battery of i10.

If the wheel bolts are smooth/damaged due to frequent use of power/impact wheel spanner & the manual spanner is slipping then are these best changed to avoid delays during flat tyres? Also any brand or quality recommendations for the wheel bolts?

Last edited:
If the wheel bolts are smooth/damaged due to frequent use of power/impact wheel spanner & the manual spanner is slipping then are these best changed to avoid delays during flat tyres? Also any brand or quality recommendations for the wheel bolts?
There are no wheel bolts. There are studs and they are part of the rotor onto which the wheel mounts. What we change are wheel nuts and they can be obtained easily at any tyre shopbor mechanic. Do get then changed if they are no longer hexagonal or you may be stuck in the rains with a flat you cant change

Ameyam

Last edited:
There are no wheel bolts. There are studs and they are part of the rotor onto which the wheel mounts. What we change are wheel nuts and they can be obtained easily at any tyre shopbor mechanic. Do get then changed if they are no longer hexagonal or you may be stuck in the rains with a flat you cant change

Ameyam
Thanks but just so you know some vehicle do have bolts for example Tata & Fiat vehicles have the bolt setup! check the links below. Somehow the bolt setup is still stuck in my memory from by Tata Indica V2 days but yes my Bolero might have the studs and nuts. Just changed tyre once till now.

Apparently you do get alloy nuts or bolts which don't smooth out so easy easily even with the use of power impact spanner. Was looking for that info!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtaMm2RZH5k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hS97uVbjGi8

Help - Broken Wheel Bolt Problem - Team-BHP

Last edited:
BTW visual inspection for tyre pressure can be quite misleading. Recently on noticing slightly less pressure in one of the tyres for few days, I decided to get it checked & it turned out it had gone down to 12(usually keep 35) but it did not seem so flat.

Top Bottom