Tyre Tips and Maintenance

napster

Suspended
Yeah it is, I found this happening with both tube as wel las tube less tyres, I experienced this thing on my previous tyres too (tubeless)

napster

Suspended
I'm not sure but AFAIK it's not a problem even if you drive so, As you dont exactly know when the pressure is high unless you have TPMS in your car, I keep driving on the highway at 100+kmph non-stop for a long tme and when i have to stop at a fuel station i check my air pressure and only ten i come to know that the pressure is high so i level it and start again.

See the previous posts bro i have explained my problem!! Not just 2 but 9psi!! yeah i have experienced the hard drive , each and every pothole can be felt inside!![frustration]

Every time i check my pressure , all tyre start from 25 or 26. Except a particular one , that start from 16 , 13psi.

I checked the tyres so many times at different shops. Even kept it immersed in a water tub for a day. Nothing came out. But still pressure decreased.

Finally put a tube in that tubeless.

I no longer have tubed tires, but during the days I had, and especially in my bike, I never repaired a puncture, I always used to replace the tube. This is advisable, since in the short (sometimes long!!) distance that you will take to come to a halt after you have lost pressure, the tube will have suffered damage in areas other than the puncture point due to the running in flat condition ... it is a perfect recipe for future blow-outs.
BTW, any ideas on the limit to the number of punctures you can repair on a tubeless, before you should go for a new one?

350Z

Core Team
Arun said:
1. Do not use tyres with a tread depth of less than 1.6mm. Apart from being illegal, tyres with low levels of tread will slide easily, suffer from extended braking distances and will be more susceptible to rupturing. In wet conditions the vehicle will aquaplane making braking and handling almost impossible.
One can easily measure tread of their car's tires by using a 50paise or Re.1 coin.

Drive Safe,
350Z

One can easily measure tread of their car's tires by using a 50paise or Re.1 coin.

Drive Safe,
350Z
I remember seeing the same in some magazine too.
Does anybody recall the exact procedure?
Thankfully my tires come with a wear indicator.

Yep i too read in a auto magz suppliement.

Invert a new one rupee coin(still is it new one re)
The head of 1 should not be seen , else the tyre should be changed or 4 years from manufacture/fixation wich ever comes earlier.

Do we indians follow that? I myself threw out my potenza at the thread depth of 4 to 5mm . Threw out only for one reason , high way cruising . It was good at city [lol]

And one of the taxi wala , got to know about my tyre change through some one and asked me for the tyres. I happily gave him for 200 each and the moment i got the money ....vanished (ate a briyani with friends hehe)

ilango[speed thirst];25926 said:
Yep i too read in a auto magz suppliement.

Invert a new one rupee coin(still is it new one re)
The head of 1 should not be seen , else the tyre should be changed or 4 years from manufacture/fixation wich ever comes earlier.
Thanks.
Will come in handy.
The tread wear indicator I was talking about looks something like this.

Attachments

350Z

Core Team
This is cool. There are some tire inflation level indicators available as well which change the color when the pressure is low. If you didn’t get what I’m saying, Look at the attached image;

Drive Safe,
350Z

Attachments

Hey guys found out yesterday that the tyre pressure in my wheels increased from 30 to 39psi!!![surprise] In front wheels it was around 34 and the one of the rear wheels had 39psi!! I usually check when i fill my tank and always at the same place!!

I drive usually around 50kms in the highways in weekends at around 100-120kmph!! Is this because of driving in highways the tyre gets heated up and the pressure increases?? Anybody experienced this?? Is this any problem that needs to be rectified??
Tyre pressure increases when heated after a long drive. Tyres can heat up within a kilometer of driving. And the pressure you have to maintain as per the specs are to be done while the tyre is cold. Also nitrogen air can stop this pressure change from occurring.

Top Bottom