Tyre Selection: XM2 vs Earth1 vs GY ATM vs CC5 vs ER300 vs...

185/70/R14 isn't advisable at all, 195/65/R14- there's no tyre availble like that .

If stock profile is 185/65/R14 - the best upgrade would be 195/60/R14 - as per theory .
But my advice is don't upgrade to 195 . with a 14 inch rims . Also for i 20 the best profile is the one you have now .

Issues aren't limited to speedometer alone , but also suspension and steering components .
Can you please provide that link so i can easily understand upgrade theory .
Actually i have almost decided Yokohama bluearth but it is available in 185/70R14 . According to one shopkeeper i can upgrade to this size.
As somewhere i seen that difference must not be greater than 3% . But don't know how to calculate. Any ways now i have one more options that is
GOODYEAR ATM2
so finally should i stick to yoko earth1 or Goodyear ATM2?

You can google tyre upsize calculator sir , you can get an idea which all profile suits your car (Also you may search in our forum itself , there will be threads based on the same )
Ya , difference shouldn't be more than 2%.
Yoko is better when compared to goodyear (2 of my friends have had bad experience with Goodyear )

You can google tyre upsize calculator sir , you can get an idea which all profile suits your car (Also you may search in our forum itself , there will be threads based on the same )
Ya , difference shouldn't be more than 2%.
Yoko is better when compared to goodyear (2 of my friends have had bad experience with Goodyear )
Thanks budy u are absolutely right maximum difference must be 2% either i chose same size or upgrade to 195/60/R14 . So finally i decided to go with earth 1 but little bit confused for upsizing.
Actually Number of people recomend upsize if mostly your car run on highways. I have the same case. Thank you very much for your time to time feedback dear.

The issue is with our roads , as how much ever we are using it in highways , our rides are prone to tackle gutters and uneven patches , which causes fast wearing out of tie rods and it is attenuated with upsized tyres (More frequent alignment visits )

Go for Blue earth, Yokohama is not transparent as far as earth 1 is concerned.

Anyway, how much is the cost difference.?
Hi Mr. TORNADO
I LOVE to have blu earth as my new tyres and the cost of both are same 3850Rs . Also bluearth is upgrade version from earth 1 in all aspects except durability.
after calling numbers of shops get best deal with alignment, balancing and nitrogen. Have to pay for weight and nozzles.
Actually problem is
1. SOFT compound - Prone to puncture or due to soft sidewall can get cut's .
2. Size available - Available in 185/70r14 which is not right upgrade from 185/65R14. As it is more than 3% difference.

If you fear soft rubber are prone to punctures (if you travel in frequent off roads ) , you may delete Michelin also from your list .[roll]
A better alternative for you is Bridgestone (a mix of hard and soft rubber ) - optimum comfort and performance . You can check Bridestone B290 or if cost permits Turanza (I am not sure whether your size is available )

If you fear soft rubber are prone to punctures (if you travel in frequent off roads ) , you may delete Michelin also from your list .[roll]
A better alternative for you is Bridgestone (a mix of hard and soft rubber ) - optimum comfort and performance . You can check Bridestone B290 or if cost permits Turanza (I am not sure whether your size is available )
Brother currently i am using Tauranza AR20 since 5 year. From last 2 years it is getting hard and now like a stone.
Every single bump or pothole feel inside cabin.
Although it is good tyre still have fair grip and braking but as i earlier sad from last 1 year cracks appear a lot .
Somewhere i read that earth1 is much better than B290 in every aspects except durability.
Have already try Bridgestone so want to try something new but under budget. Thanks dear

All tyres get hardened if usage of the ride is less (Maybe from 2nd year ) , and for highly running ones , after 4th year , its start hardening bro .
Yoko's are prone to slow punctures (If running too much on offroad/bad roads )
Ohh it means doesn't matter either i choose soft compound or hard compound tyre . They all will get hard after 2 or 3 years if anyone have very less running. RIGHT?
But why people told that in soft compound tyre usually don't appear cracks on aging.
As Yokohama ised "Orange organic Oil" to prevent such cracks and i am sure other companies too have some kind of technology for such things.

Top Bottom