Tyre Selection: XM2 vs Earth1 vs GY ATM vs CC5 vs ER300 vs...

So finally after 2 and half month i purchased Bluearth earth . Let's see how it will perform. Will update you after my next trip to Amritsar. Thanks guys

Hello Guys ,
Bluearth are good tyres . Specifically on Highways with silent and smooth ride. As of now only 3.4k km done so real results come after 10 or 15k ride .
Actually one of my friend also want to change his i20 tyre from stock 185/65/R14 to 175/70/R14 as per calculator it is only .76% difference which is quite good. But what do you think is it good idea to degrade width.
Any advantage or disadvantages please feel free to answer in brief.
THANKS fellow Members

Hello Guys,
I am new here and read the full conversation last all 7 pages as i am also searching for tyres and actual user reviews.
I am planning to change tyres on my Grand i10 2014, the stock ones are 165/65 R14 Goodyear DP-H1 and have covered 48kkm and two of them have totally gone bald also the rest two are feeling hard also showing ageing and cracks but the spare one is still unused. Almost only my brother has used the car so far as it was at my home town in Nashik and recently he with my mother shifted to Pune for job. Our use will be short drive on weekends also once in a month outside city and once in 2-3 months to Nashik or Shirdi-Manmad.
I have shortlisted a few and also got a quote of few from nearby dealers including fitting alignment and balancing.
165/65 R14
1] Apollo Amazer 4g life. Rs- 3600-3750 (2yrs unconditional, 5yrs mfg warrenty)
2] BS B290 Rs- 4200-4220 (3yrs unconditional, 5yrs mfgW) the dealer says that i can use B290 both sides ie. inner side out and outer side in. Please if anyone me can brief me on this.
3] Continental CC5 Rs- 4050
4] GY DP-H1 Rs- 4250
5] Michelin XM2+ Rs-4850
Also few of them suggested me profile upsize ie 165/70 R14 so got quotes for them too
1] 4g life Rs 3000-3050
2] B290 Rs- 3110-3300
3] CC5 Rs- 3050
After the qoutes i calculated the upsize on online upsize calculators and found that it is showing less than 3% but also it says that it is fine for me to upsize as the dealer said.
At the price point under 4k i am not expecting much but long tread life, less punctures ( i am facing a lot since last 1 year on sotck GY) and good mixture of grip breaking comfort.
Also suggest me if i should upsize as suggested by the dealers. As i wont go for the width upsize coz it would price more which i don't want. For the profile upsize the calculator says the GC will increase by 8mm.
Also after upsize the 4 tyres will be of high GC and the spare tyre which i am thinking of keeping as it is, will it affect if i drive if situation demands three with high GC and one spare with low GC. what will be the consequences?
I am looking for the 1st three brands in my shortlist 4g life/B290/CC5.
Calc.JPG

deville_56

Honoured Member
Hello Guys ,
Actually one of my friend also want to change his i20 tyre from stock 185/65/R14 to 175/70/R14 as per calculator it is only .76% difference which is quite good. But what do you think is it good idea to degrade width.
Any advantage or disadvantages please feel free to answer in brief.
THANKS fellow Members
I would say that's a bad idea. 175/70 came as stock size for Magna (O) and it was scary around corners and braking and too bouncy. Upgraded to 185/65 and there was great improvement. Even went insane for 205 and it was as planted as a road roller, but would never recommend that.

BS B290 Rs- 4200-4220 (3yrs unconditional, 5yrs mfgW) the dealer says that i can use B290 both sides ie. inner side out and outer side in. Please if anyone me can brief me on this.
Some tyres have inside and outside side distinctly marked. Some tyres don't. You can't change the sides when putting the rims in case of former. Useful in situations when the tyres get worn unevenly (More wear on one side).

Thread Starter #111
Of late, recently installed Yokohama Blu Earth GT AE51 195/60R15 on my Ford Freestyle diesel.
After 100 km.
Noiseless, good hard cornering experience- no stomach in mouth. Absorbs bumps, rumbles without hiccups.

I have also installed Earth 1 on my Fiat Avventura, they are comfortable & grippy but hard cornering & noise levels are not that good as compared to Blu earth or earstwhile Michelin 3PST

Some tyres have inside and outside side distinctly marked. Some tyres don't. You can't change the sides when putting the rims in case of former. Useful in situations when the tyres get worn unevenly (More wear on one side).
I know, it's a late reply.
Inside /outside marking is meant only for asymmetrical tyres. Such tyres are meant for hard cornering & quick lane changes. And there is no disadvantages associated with it. Regarding uneven tyre wear, solution is timely WAWB and correct tyre pressure & not the brand or type of the tyre.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #112
Fitted Yoko Blu earth GT AE 51,(Asymmetrical) 195 /60 R15 on my Freestyle. They are better (silence, hard cornering, on small undulations, rumblers speed breakers) than BS Turanza ER 60 (USED THEM ON MY MANZA in the past)

Top Bottom