Tyre Change of My Swift Dzire + Upgrade To Allloys - Suggestions Invited

Buy 5 wheels. YOu never know if one will crack, and you are not able to find one in the market.
:agree:
with u buddy; but GIIIs are direcctional! They cannot be rotated left to right. They have to be rotated front to back. There is the confusion; if i am going with Aceleres then i will go for 5 rims.

I also asked the shop owners regarding this; they simply said keep the spare wheel OE rim only.

Last edited:
That alloy design will look good on your Dzire gears! Why not buy 5 rims and 5 tyres since your are increasing the section of the tyres too? And also like Arkin said if your alloys crack then your spare tyre will come in handy!

If your dad agrees to 195 section tyres then go for 15 inchers. If you are going for only 185 then 14 inchers will do.

i'll be short with my wordings,

195 tyres of GIII's, 15 " branded design alloys,

and 4 set of wheels and 4 set of alloys is good 2 go, with new tyres in place, and if you are in a good living area, you won't probably be having any punctures for the atleast first 6 months (i assume), and if the NEWLY bought spare wheel is lying back in car dicky, unused, the rubber will eventually start to deteriorate, same way the tyres deteriorate in the tyres shop if they lie unused.

Shop Wisely as i said, and if you are still willing to shell out money, i don't mind you buying 5 sets of wheels.

@ cooldhaya :- congrats on your 5000 posts, you are almost there.

aman bhai, i suggest you go in for apollo acceleres, all 5 tyres(15") and go in for a branded set of alloys(5 pcs). i am sure for 18k you'll get alloys from HR,neo and plati with good designs. keep us updated.

Thread Starter #66
Guys, I did consider two tires for my baby finally.
1. Bridgestone 205/60/R14(G3 Potenza)
2. Yokohama 195/65/R14(A drives)

The later one seems to be the correct upsize for Dzire and there is hardly any difference in the Overall Diameter of the wheel after up-sizing.
Also, I have seen that there is around Rs300 to 400 difference in tire prices between Maharashtra and karnataka. I did get a quote of Rs 4150 for G3 in Belgaum and in Kolhapur the same one costs around 3800. Please let me know which one of the two size you guys feel the most appropriate one to go for. I did check in Belgaum and there are hardly any tire's available in stock so in both the cases I need to wait for a week to get them.

Thread Starter #68
ilango[speed thirst];58521 said:
Yoko - check and get bills properly for tyres ,

If you can : ask for the warranty covered by the company and dealer and record the conversation - it helps than the bills
@Ilango: thanks for your valuable input. Definitely I will get Invoice for sure but not confident whether they come with warranty. I don't mind paying taxes whatever they are:) But as you said ''Record the conversation'', is there any fraudulent activity going on with Yoko tire's just because they don't have much presence in India yet like Bridgestone or Michellin? This is just for my Information so I will be much more carefull and get them from well reputed dealer.[:)] But I see that A drives are comfortable and provide smooth cushioned ride, so I think I am lovin them[thumbsup]

Yoko too have good customers and good dealers ,

2 of my friend bought yoko here and all there tyres just went useless in just a single puncture .
another report of bursting yoko tyre here.

apart from this i have got good review about the yoko tyres esp in coimbatore and chennai

i have got s drives for my lancer!!

Thread Starter #70
ilango[speed thirst];58526 said:
Yoko too have good customers and good dealers ,

2 of my friend bought yoko here and all there tyres just went useless in just a single puncture .
another report of bursting yoko tyre here.

apart from this i have got good review about the yoko tyres esp in coimbatore and chennai

i have got s drives for my lancer!!
Hm , the reports of tyre bursts concerns me about its durability. Also how can a single puncture make the tyre useless? How are your Yoko tire's performing on your Lancer? Looks like Pondicherry has some bad roads to hear about tire bursts there. Please let me know do you feel that A drives are the best ones to go for and there is no any significant reason to worry about? A professionals advice like your's always does matter me a lot:)

Hm , the reports of tyre bursts concerns me about its durability. Also how can a single puncture make the tyre useless? How are your Yoko tire's performing on your Lancer? Looks like Pondicherry has some bad roads to hear about tire bursts there. Please let me know do you feel that A drives are the best ones to go for and there is no any significant reason to worry about? A professionals advice like your's always does matter me a lot:)
Several reasons - may he have driven with a nail so long .

Yet to get my lancer - its in modification - end part .

No idea how the tyre burst , but only one such complaint here.

As a matter of faith , the main office of mine always recommends yoko over the pirelli .

Thread Starter #72
ilango[speed thirst];58529 said:
Several reasons - may he have driven with a nail so long .

Yet to get my lancer - its in modification - end part .

No idea how the tyre burst , but only one such complaint here.

As a matter of faith , the main office of mine always recommends yoko over the pirelli .
Okay, That's a big relief for me to hear that there is no any major reason to worry about. Hopefully I will go ahead with these. I will keep this thread updated with my baby on new shoes[clap] I guess also my friend Gears is still under selection confusion, hope this helps him out too :)

Guys, I did consider two tires for my baby finally.
1. Bridgestone 205/60/R14(G3 Potenza)
2. Yokohama 195/65/R14(A drives)
What about the rims?
If you are going for alloys make sure you get wide ones in which 205's can look perfect..
Well; today only i saw a DZire with 205/60/14 and those were looking good!! The grip might be awesom!
So, I suggest 205/60/14 only on alloys, if not then 195/65/14 on steel rims.

Got Bridgestone Potenza GIIIs!

Guys today we finally got Bridgestone Potenza GIIIs; for our 26months old Silver DZire VDi which has clocked 45,781kms on the odo. with stock tyres![clap]
Got 185/70/14 (ZDi size) on stock rims.
Will go for alloys later.[evil]

Some Pics:

The stock crapy and useless tyres: 165/80/14 Jk Tornodos.

DSC01821 c.jpg

The new ones: 185/70/14

DSC01820 copy.jpg

DSC01821 copy.jpg

DSC01822 copy.jpg

Last edited:

Top Bottom