Tyre Change of My Swift Dzire + Upgrade To Allloys - Suggestions Invited

@ vjroadie:

Okey;
According to me 195/65/14 should not give you any problem; but I think this might reduce your ground clearance!(other members plz help regarding this.)
Have a look at my Dad's friend'd DZire VDi with 195/65/14 (now sold!) He did not had any problems regarding the sidewall touching the tyre!
e63(052).jpg

e63(053).jpg

e63(054).jpg

e63(055).jpg

Regarding the 205; I must say DZire badly needs 205 section tyres.:agree: But 205 on 14'' does not do the justice. I would recomend 205's on 15''. If you want 14'' only then I must say 195's are more sensible.

Regarding you alloys design; I liked your choice!

Now my Questions:

How are Apollo Acelere?

Are they better than MRF's?

We will be upgrading our DZire's tyre by a week or so; though my preference were GIII's but my dad only left these two options for me since they are cheap and Desi. The rims will be the stock steel rims only.

I know 185/70/14 will be best; but I want to go with 195's. So can I go with 195/70/14? I know these are not the correct upsize but I dont want to reduce my ground clearance. The odo error will be okey with me.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #47
@ vjroadie:
Now my Questions:

How are Apollo Acelere?

Are they better than MRF's?

We will be upgrading our DZire's tyre by a week or so; though my preference were GIII's but my dad only left these two options for me since they are cheap and Desi. The rims will be the stock steel rims only.

I know 185/70/14 will be best; but I want to go with 195's. So can I go with 195/70/14? I know these are not the correct upsize but I dont want to reduce my ground clearance. The odo error will be okey with me.
@gears1313: You are in the same confusion as I am.lol.
First, Apollo Accelerre and MRF, sorry buddy, I do not have any knowledge and I have seen very few people or almost none going for these tire's while upgrading or upsizing, neither no one has recommended me both of these brands. Also I recommend you not to go with 195 section on your Stock Steel rims, it might affect your car's handling behaviour, Just my opinion...
If you are going to stick with Steel rims, then 185/70/R14 is the best for you with Optimum comfort and ride quality.

I am into the same confusion that 195/65/R14 will reduce the GC a bit, not much IMO and 195/70R14 is not at all recommended by any of the Tyre dealers I have inquired at. They say 195/70/R14 is the Tyre used on Quallis. I agree to this as I did check the Bridgestone Tyre selector on their website and even they recommend it only for Quallis and our cat Dzire is not in their recommendation list. I can go for 15" but since the primary reason for my upgrade is Ride Comfort and as we know this will be compromised with 15".
So here goes my final selection criteria for Tire's:
1. Check with 195/65/R14 with the Tyre dealer and if I get positive reviews about this size, then will get them.
2. If not , close eye's and go for 185/70/R14(Michellin or Bridgestone) [:)]
Oh Also, at present there's an offer on purchase of 4 Bridgestone Tire's. There's a Stylish Provogue watch Free[clap]

Once I finalize the Tyre's, I will get the Alloys and create a ownership thread separately and post all of my baby pics there!
-----------Next Post-----------
1. Regarding Tyres - 205 [shock] it is way too much, stay with 195,

2. Alloys i prefer to see in front of your eyes and buy, i bought them by seeing and having self-satisfaction, check ur local MASS areas, you may have shops out there. [glasses]
@djluv: Yes, even I am trying to get 195 sections. I think you are right on the alloys selection part. Its better to get the wheels locally, so there's no need to worry about anything[;)]

Last edited:
@gears1313: You are in the same confusion as I am.lol.
First, Apollo Accelerre and MRF, sorry buddy, I do not have any knowledge and I have seen very few people or almost none going for these tire's while upgrading or upsizing, neither no one has recommended me both of these brands. Also I recommend you not to go with 195 section on your Stock Steel rims, it might affect your car's handling behaviour, Just my opinion...
If you are going to stick with Steel rims, then 185/70/R14 is the best for you with Optimum comfort and ride quality.

I am into the same confusion that 195/65/R14 will reduce the GC a bit, not much IMO and 195/70R14 is not at all recommended by any of the Tyre dealers I have inquired at. They say 195/70/R14 is the Tyre used on Quallis. I agree to this as I did check the Bridgestone Tyre selector on their website and even they recommend it only for Quallis and our cat Dzire is not in their recommendation list. I can go for 15" but since the primary reason for my upgrade is Ride Comfort and as we know this will be compromised with 15".
So here goes my final selection criteria for Tire's:
1. Check with 195/65/R14 with the Tyre dealer and if I get positive reviews about this size, then will get them.
2. If not , close eye's and go for 185/70/R14(Michellin or Bridgestone) [:)]
Oh Also, at present there's and offer on purchase of 4 Bridgestone Tire's. There's a Stylish Provogue watch Free[clap]

Once I finalize the Tyre's, I will get the Alloys and create a ownership thread separately and post all of my baby pics there!
But on the other forums, on net; I have seen a DZire VDi with 195/70/14 that too on stock rims! [shock]
Thats the reason I asked. If you want I can post the pics too.

Thread Starter #49
But on the other forums, on net; I have seen a DZire VDi with 195/70/14 that too on stock rims! [shock]
Thats the reason I asked. If you want I can post the pics too.
You are right.I have seen those pics[:)]
But even Tyre manufacturers do not recommend these tire's for Dzire. Check out this Bridgestone India Private Limited, they only recommend this size for Quallis.
And 195/65/14 do not make any huge difference and I am sure the GC will not be reduced significantly. Check this out Car Bibles : The Wheel and Tyre Bible Page 3 of 4

195/65/14 tyres from Yokohama A-Drive or Hankook or Michelin and Sai Mag Wheels of around 15k (pattern design of your choice), is an ideal way of making your swift dzire a neat looking angel.

Rest all is your choice,

You are right.I have seen those pics[:)]
But even Tyre manufacturers do not recommend these tire's for Dzire. Check out this Bridgestone India Private Limited, they only recommend this size for Quallis.
And 195/65/14 do not make any huge difference and I am sure the GC will not be reduced significantly. Check this out Car Bibles : The Wheel and Tyre Bible Page 3 of 4
Thanks for the link buddy; but I am still in that doubt![confused]

195/65/14 tyres from Yokohama A-Drive or Hankook or Michelin and Sai Mag Wheels of around 15k (pattern design of your choice), is an ideal way of making your swift dzire a neat looking angel.

Rest all is your choice,
:agree: with you Amit!!

Thread Starter #52

Rest all is your choice,
@Djluv: I agree with you and looks like this is the only option left for me to go for else I will have to compromise with 185/70/14 [frustration]
195/65/14 is not available in Michellin so this one is ruled out. I am not sure whether its available in Yokohama and also I have not seen any Yokohama dealers in Belgaum, there might be but I need to search them and same with Hankook as well. The only brand I have seen these tire's are Bridgestone Potenza G3. so, does it make sense to go with Bridgestone? Also I request Experts to take part in this and help me out:please:

@Djluv: I agree with you and looks like this is the only option left for me to go for else I will have to compromise with 185/70/14 [frustration]
195/65/14 is not available in Michellin so this one is ruled out. I am not sure whether its available in Yokohama and also I have not seen any Yokohama dealers in Belgaum, there might be but I need to search them and same with Hankook as well. The only brand I have seen these tire's are Bridgestone Potenza G3. so, does it make sense to go with Bridgestone? Also I request Experts to take part in this and help me out:please:
My preference order of tyres, strictly imo, [glasses]

1) Yoko A-Drives
2) Bridgestone Potenza GIII's
3) Hankook (white lettering on wall [evil])
4) Apollo Acceleres
5) Michelin or MRF

My preference order of tyres, strictly imo, [glasses]

1) Yoko A-Drives
2) Bridgestone Potenza GIII's
3) Hankook (white lettering on wall [evil])
4) Apollo Acceleres
5) Michelin or MRF
I have to go with Apollo Acelere; 185/70/14 on stock rims.[frustration]
There is some scheme goin on; exchange your old 4 tyres and get Rs1000 off on the new 4 once.

Thread Starter #56
Hey Djluv, Fantastic job! These beauties do look good. I did like the second one's alloys. Look meaty:) Do you have any idea what's the Tyre profile of the red one in 14"? Just For my information as it would help me choose or revise my Tire's and alloy design. I have another 1 week max left for the upgrade so want to explore as much as possible options for my baby[:)]

Hey Djluv, Fantastic job! These beauties do look good. I did like the second one's alloys. Look meaty:) Do you have any idea what's the Tyre profile of the red one in 14"? Just For my information as it would help me choose or revise my Tire's and alloy design. I have another 1 week max left for the upgrade so want to explore as much as possible options for my baby[:)]
ermm... sorry brother, i don't have any written word on the profile size of that red swift, but from the looks, i guess they are 195/70/14, but it's just a guess [;)]

Okey guys; so today I went with my dad for tyre shopping today!
He wanted MRFs (since they were cheap); I wanted GIIIs.(now dont ask why!)

After few debates with him he had finalized on Apollo Acelers; and I was like okey; but my heart still was on GIIIs.
So we went today to get them, there we went and the whole pan totally changed.

The prices were as follows per tyre:
Apollo Acelers 185/70/14 Rs3600/- On Old tyre exchange discount of 1000/- on the total bill.
GIIIs 185/70/14 Rs3760/- Provogue watch free with a set of 4.

GIIIs 195/60/15 Rs4100/- Provogue watch free with a set of 4.

There my Dad changed his mind and he also agreed to go for Bridgestones since the rate difference was not much and he too liked the tyre! [lol]

Also saw some Alloys for 14'' and 15'' Some unbranded ones; dont rember the name exactly, bt some name ending with 'HORSE'

For 14'' he quoted 13000/- and
for 15'' he quoted 18000/-

My dad; God knows; how agreed for 15'' alloys and he told me to select the designs. The designs were all liped ones; and I dont like liped type alloys.
In 14'' I liked one design an I was about to get those. Similar pic has been attached. It was 95%replica of 'Konigs Feather' and those too were light.
konfea_mts_ang.jpg

Now 185/70/14 were not readily available.
195/60/15 were ready.

I really liked those design and would have surely got those of they were in 15''.

Does anyone know this brand '........ HORSE'?

Should I go with this brand of alloys?

What you guys suggest? 14'' of 15''?

Hmm; how will the above design look on my Silver DZire in 14''?[roll]

Last edited:
Though the above alloys looks cool, I would suggest to choose from some branded alloys as you are paying 18K for 15". I am sure same/similar alloy you will find in the store.

For tyre, Apollo Acelers are excellent tyre. Bridgestone GIII is also good tyre, but this is old tyre and been removed from most of the international market. I would suggest pick Apollo Accelere.

Top Bottom