Tyre Change of My Swift Dzire + Upgrade To Allloys - Suggestions Invited

Okey now agreed that 195 would give me a better grip, cornering and breaking; now the question comes back to the typical Indian Mindset; 'Mileage kitna degi??'(I am not interested in this question, but my Dad is!![frustration]) How much would be the drop in the mileage, shifting from 165/80/14 to 195/60/15?

Okey now agreed that 195 would give me a better grip, cornering and breaking; now the question comes back to the typical Indian Mindset; 'Mileage kitna degi??'(I am not interested in this question, but my Dad is!![frustration]) How much would be the drop in the mileage, shifting from 165/80/14 to 195/60/15?
around 0.75-0.8kmpl mileage loss, but riding will be smooth or stable that you wont feel how much distance u have covered on new wheels

Mileage will not reduce to noticable amount, Dzire already give excellent mileage. Ride will be affected a bit, but the handling and steering feel, you will love it.

around 0.75-0.8kmpl mileage loss, but riding will be smooth or stable that you wont feel how much distance u have covered on new wheels
Mileage will not reduce to noticable amount, Dzire already give excellent mileage. Ride will be affected a bit, but the handling and steering feel, you will love it.
Hey Amit and RSM; thanks for the reply guyz!

Yes Gears mileage drop will not be very much to worry about! Show this page to your dad!:tongue:
Now I think this is the best option I can go for![lol]

Alloys are lighter, so they might increase the FE slightly.
Buddy; Agreed that alloys are lighter and increases the FE, but going for wider tyres reduces the FE. So I think it is balanced now!! [evil]

Last edited:
Okey now I have one more question;
If suppose I go for 15" with GIIIs, how many should I buy? Set of 4 or 5? GIIIs are directional, so what should be done in that case?[confused]

Okey now I have one more question;
If suppose I go for 15" with GIIIs, how many should I buy? Set of 4 or 5? GIIIs are directional, so what should be done in that case?[confused]
didn't knew that GIII's are directional tyres, i prefer bidirectional tyres, which last longer, because it's a you can swap them forth and back whenever you want and the tyre walls are utilized from both side, giving it more tyre life.

didn't knew that GIII's are directional tyres, i prefer bidirectional tyres, which last longer, because it's a you can swap them forth and back whenever you want and the tyre walls are utilized from both side, giving it more tyre life.
No, its not that directional tyres cant be rotated/swaped. They has to be swaped one sided only, like front-left tyre with rear-left tyre and front-right one with the rear-right one only![evil]

Thread Starter #41
Okay Guys, Finally I am back here again, sorry for my absence. I did spare some time for my baby and took her to a well reputed Tyre Shop called Lotus Car Shop. As you all know that my odo just reads 18120 so far and the JK tornado's still have around 40% rubber to be burned.
Now one of the primary reason for my tyre upgrade was that the car vibrates at speeds of 30kph and around 80kmph and is felt heavily on the left side of the vehicle. I did consult Maruti service center and one of the SA said its the tires which have worn out and recommended me to change the tire's. I was really confused as to how these flimsy tires did wear out so early? and as the car is under warranty I asked him to get me replacement tire's. He agreed but he also informed me that I might need to pay a difference amount for the new tire's as they have already lost 50% life. I somehow paused with him and said will contact later regarding this. Now to seek some clear picture I went to Lotus and asked him to inspect the Tire's closely.
They inspected the tire's and said that the rear left Tyre has worn out Un-evenly, which was very strange and he said it might be because of a faulty wheel bearing or the Suspension. Now here's another story, I went for Tyre upgrade thinking that I might get a more comfortable drive but found this crap.
On Monday(8th November) there will be one more detailed observation of the wheels and suspension at Lotus and if at all I find the problem in wheel bearing or the Suspension, then I will hook up with my Maruti Dealer and will get it sorted out under warranty for sure. Once this mess is sorted out I will immediately upgrade the wheels and Tires. Hope its just the wheel bearing issue [cry] Also if any of the Dzire owner's here have faced such similar issue, please do share some details and what's the right course of action should be taken to solve this.

Last edited:
Oh yes uneven wear can be caused due to suspension bearing or wheel bearing but it can also be caused if you are a spirited driver and do too much of cornering at high speeds.

Thread Starter #43
Oh yes uneven wear can be caused due to suspension bearing or wheel bearing but it can also be caused if you are a spirited driver and do too much of cornering at high speeds.
Well Cooldhaya, I just do a constant speed of around 110 to 120 Kmph during straight run and that too I am the only single person who drives it along with my Mom and Dad and runs mostly on NH4 highway. The Tyre dealer also said that the wear and tear is high if run on NH4 as almost 60 to 70% of the NH4 Highway is made up of Cement. Also during tight turns or say cornering I make it at max about 60 to 70Kmph. I guess there is something wrong with the rear left wheel bearing[confused] Hope I will be able to find a concrete solution tomorrow at Lotus [thumbsup]

Thread Starter #44
Okay guys, Here I am after a thorough check up of the car at Lotus and then again at the MASS. The problem was about the rear left wheel Spindle.MASS replaced it under warranty and yipeee!!! The car is now stable and does not vibrate or bounce at all, I am very happy.
Now comes the Tyre and alloy wheels part.
I am again into a dilemma on the Tyre part. I am thinking that 195/65/R14 would give me the best comfort and a wide contact area on the road. The Tyre dealer advised me to go for 205/65/R14 instead of the 195 profile.
Now my questions are :
1. Is there any problem if I go with 195/65/R14? (It is available in Bridgestone Potenza G3)
2. Suppose if I go with 205/60/R14, will there be any problems like the Tires touching the sidewalls or coming out of the fenders, for Swift Dzire VDI? (Note the Tyre dealer said there will be no such issues, but I want to hear from my dear dear experts out here and also from the owners who have upsized to this profile tires.

For the alloy wheels, I did enquire at Sai Mag Wheels (www alloywheelsindia com) model no H 459 Brand HRS, Full machined black finish , 4 pcs - 12500 / - Ex Delhi ( excluding transportation cost ). I beleive transportation costs would be another Rs1500 to Rs 2000 at the max to ship them to Belgaum so total may go up to max Rs 14500/-I did inquire the same alloy wheels in Belgaum and I got a quote of Rs 18300/-[shock] . Considering this huge price difference I am thinking to get it from Sai Mag Wheels, but is it safe and are these guys trustworthy? Any Delhi members here, can you shed some light on this and help me out please? Look forward to your valuable suggestions guys! Cheers

Last edited:
Okay guys, Here I am after a thorough check up of the car at Lotus and then again at the MASS. The problem was about the rear left wheel Spindle.MASS replaced it under warranty and yipeee!!! The car is now stable and does not vibrate or bounce at all, I am very happy.
Now comes the Tyre and alloy wheels part.
I am again into a dilemma on the Tyre part. I am thinking that 195/65/R14 would give me the best comfort and a wide contact area on the road. The Tyre dealer advised me to go for 205/65/R14 instead of the 195 profile.
Now my questions are :
1. Is there any problem if I go with 195/65/R14? (It is available in Bridgestone Potenza G3)
2. Suppose if I go with 205/60/R14, will there be any problems like the Tires touching the sidewalls or coming out of the fenders, for Swift Dzire VDI? (Note the Tyre dealer said there will be no such issues, but I want to hear from my dear dear experts out here and also from the owners who have upsized to this profile tires.

For the alloy wheels, I did enquire at Sai Mag Wheels (www alloywheelsindia com) model no H 459 Brand HRS, Full machined black finish , 4 pcs - 12500 / - Ex Delhi ( excluding transportation cost ). I beleive transportation costs would be another Rs1500 to Rs 2000 at the max to ship them to Belgaum so total may go up to max Rs 14500/-I did inquire the same alloy wheels in Belgaum and I got a quote of Rs 18300/-[shock] . Considering this huge price difference I am thinking to get it from Sai Mag Wheels, but is it safe and are these guys trustworthy? Any Delhi members here, can you shed some light on this and help me out please? Look forward to your valuable suggestions guys! Cheers
1. Regarding Tyres - 205 [shock] it is way too much, stay with 195,

2. Alloys i prefer to see in front of your eyes and buy, i bought them by seeing and having self-satisfaction, check ur local MASS areas, you may have shops out there. [glasses]

Top Bottom