Tyre Alignment and Balancing

@Varun560061:Just visit another dealer who can get the job done.

There are a lot of people here who do not do wheel alignment and balancing on the 800.

They just plainly refuse, these are really highly rated places.

I have had this exact problem and there is a nut on the tie rod end to make these adjustments.

When they align the wheels they lock the steering in its dead center position and adjust the nuts to get the alignment right.

If you have wobble on your steering then its a balancing problem.

An engineer from Gabriel suspensions suggested to me if that is the case to rotate the tires(front to back) only if the problem is not solved by normal alignment and balancing.

Yes my steering is wobbling..

Many people just say we can't do much in this 800 ! (perfection)

I will rotate the tires, this time I will also use the spare tire too..

No need to use the spare tire.

The spare tire rotation should be done at 10k kms and besides the proper balancing and alignment should take care of the wobbling.Rotate only if it doesn't.

I have had this exact problem and there is a nut on the tie rod end to make these adjustments.

When they align the wheels they lock the steering in its dead center position and adjust the nuts to get the alignment right.
Actually its not with the nuts alignment done,its a chuck nut and by unlocking the nut alignment is done with ball joints[:)]

The tie rod transmits force from the steering center link or the rack gear to the steering knuckle.

This will cause the wheel to turn.

The outer tie rod end connects with an adjusting sleeve, which allows the length of the tie rod to be adjustable.

This adjustment is used to set a vehicle’s alignment angle.

The steering wheel is locked in place when this adjustment is done.Helps to get it centered.

Last edited:
It was done with the nut on my car when the car was going to the side when the steering was centered.

This is done when the car is going to a specific side when the steering is held in center position, which was the problem that was originally pointed out.

So won't loosening and tightening the nut cause the tie rod end to go in and out of the sleeve(ball joint/inner tie-rod)

This is how the toe is adjusted and the steering is centered.

If not, can you explain it in detail @infinity. This would be more helpful to everyone.

Last edited:

Top Bottom