Tyre Alignment and Balancing

Does somebody could give more info on rear wheel alignment also.Some cars like mine have to check both front & rear wheel alignments also. Usually the shops charge higher charges for the same. Ex- Esteem,Accent lancer etc. In my esteem, rear tire is more prone to misalignment. this does not feel in driving and the result is un even tire wear.

Last edited:
Does somebody could give more info on rear wheel alignment also.Some cars like mine have to check both front & rear wheel alignments also. Usually the shops charge higher charges for the same. Ex- Esteem,Accent lancer etc. In my esteem, rear tire is more prone to misalignment. this does not feel in driving and the result is un even tire wear.
When an alignment is done,it is done on all four wheel. While doing alignment balancing should also be done. So that every wheel be in sync up. Do the wheel balancing,alignment in one go. Then check the result.

I have been having this issue (http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/technical-zone/5670-figo-wobbling-low-speeds.html) for quite a while. Even after the tyre change, it's not completely disappeared, but negligible. I still have no clear idea on the issue that could be.

I always get my alignment and balancing done, not at the dealership, but at an external tyre and wheel store.
Hi Aditya - I heard the same from many and I too have got it done from both ASS and outside. Any particular reason that why it's not recommended at ASS? BTW, wouldn't they must be having the right settings for their cars than outsiders?

one thing i don't understand in wheel balancing. every time they balance , they remove the previous metal things they add to the tyre.

i mean doing this will obviously make the tyre go unbalance and we have to again pay :\ ?
I too have the same question... Hence, I always ask the technician to check the wheels with the existing weights first and then do the balancing. If it's perfect, they won't have to do it again. Though, many shops won't agree to do it as it's not remunerative for them, some do it this way too.

If any caster adjustment first with that
then camber
Then finally with tie rod end adjustment
@ Infinity - As far as I heard with both ASS and Outside, only Toe Adjustments are done as Alignment as Caster & Camber settings are fixed. Are there shops which do Caster / Camber adjustments too?

I have been having this issue (http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/technical-zone/5670-figo-wobbling-low-speeds.html) for quite a while. Even after the tyre change, it's not completely disappeared, but negligible. I still have no clear idea on the issue that could be.

Hi Aditya - I heard the same from many and I too have got it done from both ASS and outside. Any particular reason that why it's not recommended at ASS? BTW, wouldn't they must be having the right settings for their cars than outsiders?

I too have the same question... Hence, I always ask the technician to check the wheels with the existing weights first and then do the balancing. If it's perfect, they won't have to do it again. Though, many shops won't agree to do it as it's not remunerative for them, some do it this way too.

@ Infinity - As far as I heard with both ASS and Outside, only Toe Adjustments are done as Alignment as Caster & Camber settings are fixed. Are there shops which do Caster / Camber adjustments too?
Usually in kerala most outside tyre alignment centres give one more free tyre alignment check up at 1000km at same cost of one tyre alignment from Ass

Check wheel balancing it is mostly cause of wobbling. Anothet culprit is your arb or stabilsing bar if arb bushes have been changed get alignment done after that

Another point I missed in my previous post.

Aren't WB required for all wheels or just Front ones alone? ASS is doing it only for 2 wheels and I heard the same with Bridgestone Select also yesterday. However, I insisted them to do it for all wheels.

Can anyone clarify on this point?

Check wheel balancing it is mostly cause of wobbling. Anothet culprit is your arb or stabilsing bar if arb bushes have been changed get alignment done after that
Wheels are Balanced right. I suspect the WA.

What is ARB?

WB,WA why not in A.S.S, because most of the times they do not do it properly due to the load of vehicles and some times cheating.

It is very normal process to remove the old weights and put new weights while balancing. So nothing wrong in that procedure

WB,WA why not in A.S.S, because most of the times they do not do it properly due to the load of vehicles and some times cheating.

It is very normal process to remove the old weights and put new weights while balancing. So nothing wrong in that procedure
Agree with the former point. Many a times, they don't do it at all. Couple of times, when I asked for Alignment Report they were even struggling to get one [clap]

Yes, it's a normal process to replace the old weights with new. But, how will you determine that the wheel is "actually" out of balance?

@Figoian

Simple just read the report given by them, where it is mentioned before and after. Also this time when you are get it done, ask them they will show you everything[:)]

@Figoian

Simple just read the report given by them, where it is mentioned before and after. Also this time when you are get it done, ask them they will show you everything
RK - If I am not wrong, report is given only for Alignment, not Balancing. We were talking about Old Wheel Weights before Balancing [:D].

@Figoin

There will be two reports one is for WA and other for WB and there will be details of what is the situation before doing WA or WB, hence please check with them once you go to them.

They will give you the how much the balancing is out and how much alignment is out and will show you that in their computer

@Figoin

There will be two reports one is for WA and other for WB and there will be details of what is the situation before doing WA or WB, hence please check with them once you go to them.

They will give you the how much the balancing is out and how much alignment is out and will show you that in their computer
Ohh... that's surprising. I never have seen any such reports for WB. I even had asked about it once with FASS and they said, no reports are generated for WB, but only the details of weights added are included in the bill. Same with others tyre shops too.

However, the primary questions is still unanswered. When the wheel is checked for balancing after removing the old weights, it would obviously show out of balance. Even if a report is generated, it would carry the same values. But, they may not necessarily be true right? The wheel could have been perfect with the old weights too and wouldn't have been required to be balanced.

@Figoian

1. It is FASS so they say like that, it is also with MASS[;)] Do not ask them this question once again

2. If you want to see your car situation before doing anything just ask the tyre shop fellow to give you the readings of present condition with old weights and analyse the same and ask you doubts to him. Normally no body really looks into those reports, so they just give the final end result, but if you ask them they will definitely show you what is wrong with your car and whether it requires WB and WA or not

2. If you want to see your car situation before doing anything just ask the tyre shop fellow to give you the readings of present condition with old weights and analyse the same and ask you doubts to him. Normally no body really looks into those reports, so they just give the final end result, but if you ask them they will definitely show you what is wrong with your car and whether it requires WB and WA or not
Yes. This is what exactly I meant and I always do that.

Another point I missed in my previous post.

Aren't WB required for all wheels or just Front ones alone? ASS is doing it only for 2 wheels and I heard the same with Bridgestone Select also yesterday. However, I insisted them to do it for all wheels.

Can anyone clarify on this point?

Wheels are Balanced right. I suspect the WA.

What is ARB?
Arb is antiroll bar, its bushes get worn off so it needs replacement. We have another thread for arb pls check it I dont know where it is if u dont get it I l give thelink

Top Bottom