Tyre Alignment and Balancing

If you have a machine you know exactly how much you need to adjust.

Without one, its just a trial and error.Like all DIY's man

Yeah, the alignment needs to be checked when the suspension and steering components are changed or serviced.

Changing a wheels doesn't call for re alignment.If you get the tyre of the rim then get the balancing done.

experts, please suggest what are the pros and cons of puncture guard and relative cost for 2- two Wheelers ( Activa- tube and Karizma ZMR-tubless).

Any particular place in Bangalore where I can do that. Reliance Autozone is quoting Rs1200 for the bike.

In activa, does the tuffpuff tube work on same principle?

@ERTIGA_ZMR: Are you referring to a liquid tyre sealant.

These things are good, just need to find a good source to procure it from.It is more suited to tubeless than tubed tyres.Please check to be sure.

After they fill the liquid they fill the tyre up with nitrogen.See nitrogen itself is made of heavy molecules and unlike air it doesn't escape quickly.

I'd suggest you try nitrogen before going for the tyre sealant.Deflate the tyre completely and fill it with nitrogen.

Get the balancing done once you fill your tyre with the sealant.So that the tyre doesn't wobble at higher speeds, due to the presence of the liquid.

Last edited:
Wheel alignment is warranted only if you think you've hit the curb or something that would've had an impact on the mechanical fittings of the wheels. If you are a good driver either you know that your car doesn't need wheel alignment or you know for sure that it needs it.

It's a good idea to get wheel balancing done when you change tires or fix a flat.

Can someone please suggest a good place to carry out wheel alignment in Pune, preferably near Hinjewadi. Also can you please tell the approx cost they may charge.

Recently, I got tyre rotation, balancing and alignment of my Honda City done from a garage which specializes in this field. I did this for the first time after I bought the car in Dec 2011. Honda recommends tyre rotation at 10,000 km but since my car had already run 11000+ km and there was still some time to go for my next service, I got it done outside.

I got a printed report from the garage after alignment. The thing which bothers me is that the final readings for toe are out of specified limits.

Front Left Toe:
Initial: 0.9 mm
Specification: -0.5 mm to 0.5 mm
Final: 1.6 mm

Front Right Toe:
Initial: -1.2 mm
Specification: -0.5 mm to 0.5 mm
Final: 1.6 mm

I talked to the garage owner about this. He says that job is done by experienced technicians who also see the condition of tyres etc. and make adjustments accordingly and these may not necessarily match with specifications given by car manufacturer.

There is no problem as such after alignment but I just wanted some expert views on this.

Last edited:
In my 2011 Alto which has clocked 20,000 kms, there is no issues of alignment or balancing. Eventhough i use it at places where the road is worst many times, i never had these type of issues.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
In my 2011 Alto which has clocked 20,000 kms, there is no issues of alignment or balancing. Eventhough i use it at places where the road is worst many times, i never had these type of issues.
so the steering doesn't vibrates at high speeds ? you should align and balance the tyres every 5k kms. or else it will cause abnormal wear and tear.

Okey; so my Verna is a year old and is nearing 20k kms; third service due. In these 20k kms there were no wheel alignment/balancing done. I mean there was no need IMO. At 10k kms I had asked one close/friend tyre guy regarding rotation and alignment. He straight away asked me do I have any problem like pulling or vibrations. If not then no need to touch this setup. Leave it as it is because he said that sometimes unnecessary alignment/balancing might spoil every thing. Regarding rotation he says do when Hyundai recommends. Hyundai says rotation after every 20K kms; but I strongly wanted to do at 10k but rotations need balancing/alignment too. Also there is no visual uneven wear and tear IMO.

So should I get the Alignment/Balancing/Rotation done at Hyundai or at any other professional Tyre shop? Any how both are going to charge me. But the point is which will be better; one side there are professions and other side over all hyundai guys.

Last edited:
So should I get the Alignment/Balancing/Rotation done at Hyundai or at any other professional Tyre shop? Any how both are going to charge me. But the point is which will be better; one side there are professions and other side over all hyundai guys.
Wheel alignment is not necessary but Tyre rotation is definitely necessary. If you are doing tyre rotation then wheel alignment is very necessary. So they are tightly couple with each other. you can not deny any of them.

Sometime wheel may hit the humps(our typical Indian humps) or path hole I mean bigggg path hole at high speed, then the wheel sometime tends to misaligned. You may not have notice the misaligned, but there will be. That's why people sometime say do the alignment after some interval part from recommended by service provider.
But this is not neccesery if you have not hit any such thing.

You can check the alignment either at service provider or at a professional tyre shop. Only diffrence will be the cost. Service provider will charge more than outside shop.Job quality will be equal for both since now a days everybody are using computer to align the wheel.Gone are the days when people use to align the wheel using some thread,mirror etc. That time people use to search for the best man who has the best accuracy on the alignment or has mastered this art of alignment.
Be it Hyundai, Maruti,Tata,FORD or professional shop everybody use the computer, there will be absolutely no difference[glasses].

gears1313

To my knowledge get WB,WA and Tyre rotation for every 5000km keeping in mind about the Indian road conditions. Which saves your tires and give you good handling and braking and give good FE too. But never do this at the dealers service set up, find out a good tyre shop equipped with WB and WA and get it done from there.

Top Bottom