Tyre Advise for My Hyundai Getz CRDi

Thread Starter #1

zengetz

Suspended
Hello folks :help:,

My stock 175/65/r14 tyres need to be replaced and I read across many places that upsizing them on my Getz CRDi is a must.

Upsize in mind is 195/65/R14 is what I am looking at with difference in circumference ~1.11%

What is a good brand ? Im looking for good handling and grip. I love pushing the car after a long day at work :stupid:

I used the calculator at http://www.tyrestore.in/upsizing.htm

Last edited:
Re: Tyre advise for my Getz CRDI

1.11% is a bit high but its okay nothing much to worry. Yes even i have read at many places that Getz CRDI is a rocket with puny tyres , so upsizing is good.

I would recommend Yokohama S-Drive. If you are willing to spend more you can have a look at Falken and also Pirelli.

Thread Starter #3

zengetz

Suspended

1.11% is a bit high but its okay nothing much to worry. Yes even i have read at many places that Getz CRDI is a rocket with puny tyres , so upsizing is good.

I would recommend Yokohama S-Drive. If you are willing to spend more you can have a look at Falken and also Pirelli.
Any idea about the costs ? I am confused with the brands now.
I was earlier inclined towards Bridgestones.

1.1 high ? Thats interesting cos the calculator I used showed a very very minor variance in the speedo error too.

Anyone here done upsizing on the CRDi ?

Yokohama S-drive costs around Rs.3900 per tyre here in Chennai. Pirelli and Falken will cost around thousand bucks extra i guess , sorry no exact figures for them.

Bridgestones are hard compound tyres , they will be a bit noisy at high speeds and low on comfort but will last longer.

I don't think anybody here owns a Getz CRDI.

Thread Starter #5

zengetz

Suspended

Thanks dude ! Also reading about Apollo as we speak. Any thoughts ?

Yes Apollo's are also good but i am not much satisfied with its wet performance in i20. I feel Yoko's have a slight edge over Apollo. But if you have the budget Pirelli and Falken are better.

Thread Starter #7

zengetz

Suspended
Hey guys went to check out tires today. Bridgestones were quoted 4200.
I also noticed a certain China Tire stock names Ling long :D 2200per tire.

Im not inclined towards the china made one as I do not want to compromise on teh quality. There muct be a reason for it being so cheap.

Anyone here aware of this ?

- Avi

Even i am not much interested in these cheap China tyres. Go for good branded ones. Tyres are the most important component of the vehicle , i would not like to make any compromises on that , no second hand tyres no cheap chinese brands!

Thread Starter #10

zengetz

Suspended
Guys !! I got my Tires changed on Saturday - Yoko A Drives 185 65 R14s - Also got a complete service and De-carbonizing treatment done and my rocket just got even faster !!

Thread Starter #12

zengetz

Suspended
Thanks Dude, it cost me 3900 a piece and upsizing from 175 did make a lot of difference..So you drive the Verna Crdi ? If so we share the same Soul but different body [cheers]

Oh , i think rates are high at Hyderabad. I got them for Rs.3500 here in Chennai.

Yup i drive the Verna CRDI , agree with you completely! True diesel rockets , one has to drive it to feel it![cheers]

I would love to see your rides ownership report soon. Take pride in being unique![;)] Who knows maybe one day your review might be useful for somebody else.

Lets not go further OT.[:)]

Top Bottom