TVS Wego Review & Pictures

Thread Starter #16
Well to me it looks as hopeless as any other scooter.
To some level I have the same opinion. Being a bike enthusiast, I find most of the motoscooter more or less similar in design, but if you vigilantly look at them, some do look far better than the other. For e.g., I remember there used to be a moped in market named MARVEL which to me looked absolutely rubbish.
Overall I just want to state that we ought to compare Wego with its rivals (mopeds) and not with others (bikes). Then you will be able to review

Hey Akash nice review and excellent photos , the location is good.

Does it really deliver 50kmpl? And what is that centre stand technology? I couldn understand it , can you please explain it?

AFAIK only TVS scooters offers mobile chargers right?

I feel Wego is designed for the guys whereas Pep and streax is for the ladies!

Thread Starter #19
Thanks Dhaya.
Well, while the Wego was being made ready for the test, i had a chat with some customers who had given the Wego for service. Most of them said that they ARE getting a fuel efficiency of around 45kmpl in city against the TVS claims of 50kmpl which is quite decent.

Yes Wego is a Uni*** motoscooter designed for both males and females.

Now Wego is equipped with EZ centre stand to ensure that the styand gets to operation without much effort. It is equipped with a curved shoe profile and the stand lever has been given a rotational degree to increase the mechanical advantage.

Great Review Akash!

Seems to be a good competetion for Activa.

Though TVS can never be compared to Hondas.

Thread Starter #21
Great Review Akash!
Thanks buddy. I feel honoured![:)]

Seems to be a good competetion for Activa.
Though TVS can never be compared to Hondas.
I completely agree with you. TVS mopeds have sold in good numbers but they do have reliability issues. A friend of mine owned a TVS Scooty Teenz which frequently refused to start when the driven for 30kms at a stretch on hot days![lol]

But TVS claims to have done a long research of 2 years for the development of Wego to ensure that all the flaws of motoscooters are removed.

We can get the feedback in just 2 months.

I still dont consider TVS to play a major role in terms of quality. But they do cover masses.

I remember their victor selling like anything in just 3 months.

But the same Victor has lot of nigggling issues which spoiled the brand name.

TVS = TATA . Both Indian Cos has to improve the reliablility factor to suceed in all their attempts.

Thread Starter #23
I still dont consider TVS to play a major role in terms of quality. But they do cover masses.
Yes, they are have been selling motoscooters since long but never bothered to improve the "Reliabilty" of their vehicles.

I remember their victor selling like anything in just 3 months.
But the same Victor has lot of nigggling issues which spoiled the brand name.
Agreed! Look at the fate of TVS Flame which was the first 125cc bike in india to feature add ons like muscles, digital meter etc, but similar issues of quality(which once cropped with Victor customers), and now Flame hardly sells. Even the showroom from where i got the TD bike told me that Flame is getting 0 enguiries. People not even ask for a TD, they go for Star City instead![surprise]

TVS = TATA . Both Indian Cos has to improve the reliablility factor to suceed in all their attempts.
Well said[clap].

We can get the feedback in just 2 months.

Add Bajaj also that equation. Though Bajaj's are reliable the quality levels must improve surely! I have a Pulsar 150cc which is reliable but lacks the refinement and quality of a Honda!

Thread Starter #25
Add Bajaj also that equation. Though Bajaj's are reliable the quality levels must improve surely! I have a Pulsar 150cc which is reliable but lacks the refinement and quality of a Honda!
Exactly, Bajaj too needs to work on the quality levels. BTW in addition to Honda, Yamaha too has high quality bits used on its bikes.

Top Bottom