TVS Wego and Jive

Oh. well i dont expect much from TVS guys in design but their engines are great. That too only of the Apache series.

Oh. well i dont expect much from TVS guys in design but their engines are great. That too only of the Apache series.
I would rate the TVS engines as the worst. They are noisy, unrefined, vibrates a lot, requires more maintenance to be in good shape, etc.. Other than power, it has nothing to brag about.

I would rate the TVS engines as the worst. They are noisy, unrefined, vibrates a lot, requires more maintenance to be in good shape, etc.. Other than power, it has nothing to brag about.
Even i had the same thinking until the RTR series were launched. Mind you no other bike company in India have shown such a drastic improvement in their products(specifically the engine),not even Bajaj.

Renegade

Suspended
"Clutch less system" doesn't mean it does not have a clutch. Its just that we don't have the lever.

Like in mopeds they use the "centrifugal clutch".So i guess the same moped mechanism will be used on JAIVE with obvious differences like the rear wheel will be driven by chain instead of belts like in mopeds.The tank & engine will be placed in a bike like position so that it can be called a bike.

How Centrifugal Clutch Works
-
In simple words & as the name says it works on the centrifugal force theory which is "outward force away from the center of rotation".

So as you see in the above pic the (1)HUB is connected to the crankshaft of the engine.As you start the engine it starts rotating.

Now when you accelerate (raise the engine RPM) the "centrifugal force acts" i.e the (1)HUB rotates & forces the (2)FLY WEIGHT to go and attach to the (6)CLUTCH DRUM.

The (2)FLY WEIGHT cause the (6)CLUTCH DRUM to rotate which is connected to the rear wheel by belt in mopeds & i guess by chain in clutch less bikes.

Now when you leave the accelerator or brake & at certain RPM limit the (4)TENSION SPRINGS have force greater than the centrifugal force which bring back the (2)FLY WEIGHT to its original position & keep on rotating in that original position until the RPM raises again.
It doesn't have a clutch lever but it has gears!!!
Yes it has 4 gears!!.
And the best thing is if you don't mind sluggish pickup you can even drive it from still on 4th gear.

Wego will be available in 4 colors - Cappuccino Brown, Golden Beige, Silver, Black and Dark Blue and has been priced at Rs 42,500 Ex-Showroom Chennai.

Jive - The bike has been priced at Rs 41,000.

i dont think it would sell in good numbers, as honda activa still has bookings and waiting which offers better engine with build quality and ASS,bike though seems priced good and might do better then wego.

sorry for off topic post but where is the thread with spy pics of new TVS bike? i can't find or should i start another?

sorry for off topic post but where is the thread with spy pics of new TVS bike? i can't find or should i start another?
I dont think we have such thread. Why dont you create a new thread for the same. Btw the spy pics of which bike?

TVS MOTORS EQUIPS THE 2013 WEGO AUTOMATIC SCOOTER WITH A FRONT DISC BRAKE

Quietly, TVS Motors has added a front disc brake to the Wego automatic scooter. The disc brake equipped Wego is available across all TVS Motors dealerships in India. The Wego with the front disc brake sells at a slight premium over the drum braked equipped version. The TVS Wego with the front disc brake is priced at 49.157 rupees while the drum brake equipped variant is priced at 45,807. Both prices reflect ex-showroom Delhi figures. This means that the Wego with the front disc brake is pricier than the drum braked variant by about 3,3oo rupees.
TVS Motors equips the 2013 Wego automatic scooter with a front disc brake - Indian Cars Bikes

TVS Wego gets disc brake

TVS Motor Company will now sell its 110cc Wego scooter in India with the option of a disc brake at the front. The disc brake variant of the Wego has always been in production but only for export markets and TVS has finally decided to sell it here as well.

The disc brake on the Wego is a 220mm unit, while the rear still uses the 130mm drum seen previously. This new variant is expected to enter showrooms very soon. The disc brake-equipped variant is priced at Rs 49,157 while the standard variant gets a price tag of Rs 45,807 (both prices ex-showroom, Delhi).

The TVS Wego is the second scooter in the country to have telescopic forks and a front disc brake as an option, the first being the Honda Aviator. We hope to see more scooter manufacturers following suit in the near future.

TVS Wego gets disc brake | News | Autocar India

Attachments

Top Bottom