TVS launches Apache RTR ABS

Thread Starter #1

350Z

Core Team
TVS has always been a fore-runner when it comes to bringing to India the latest technology available elsewhere in the world. India’s first bike with a catalytic converter (the Shogun), India’s first bike with rear and petal disks (the Apache) are some of the glorious examples of their technical expertise.
At the Auto Expo last year, TVS showcased hybrid three and two-wheeler and prior to this, they introduced electric variants of the Scooty. We saw the India’s third largest manufacturer equip its flagship model, the Apache, with a state-of-the-art ABS system at the Auto Expo 2010. Finally, the ABS variant of the Apache will be launched this month.

YouTube - RTR 180 Abs demo

Source: IMB

Drive Safe,
350Z

I am so glad to see someone take the initiative and finally offer ABS as an option on a bike! The Apache RTR is one of my favorite Indian motorcycles (heck, in matte grey it IS my favourite Indian bike :biggrin:) and it is heartening to see TVS take the first step towards ensuring safety for bike riders. The 180 with ABS will be a great bike, as the only complaint I've heard from most people regarding the RTR was its composure during hard braking. The bike just would not come to a comfortable halt and was quite twitchy under hard braking. ABS will definitely solve this problem.

Now I am eagerly looking forward to the Apache RTR 220/250 ABS! [cheers]

Glad to see TVS taking up the initiative to bring ABS into Indian biking scenario!

Looking forward eagerly for the bike!

TVS Apache RTR ABS launched.

TVS launched the ABS version of Apache RTR 180 yesterday. With this launch, TVS Apache has become the first indian bike to have ABS (Anti-Lock Braking System).
The setup additionally gets the Rear-wheel Lift-off Protection (RLP) which prevents wheel lift in the event of extreme braking.

The TVS RTR 180 ABS is priced at Rs 78,880 (Ex-showroom, New Delhi). The only color option available is White.

great news!! finally india is moving ahead in bike scene too. this is first ABS bike in india and kudos to tvs for this move. price is on higher side but hope we get to see more bikes with these kinda safety features [thumbsup]

How much does it cost more than the regular model?

But i truly appreciate TVS'S move , biking accidents are the worst and sometimes fatal too!

hi all, i know it is an old thread, but there is no other bike except CBR(Which is a premium bike for me) came with ABS after one more year crossed. Heared that one company came with ABS fiited with disc breaks in bikes. Not sure about the reliablity. I think we had to wait 3 more years to get a decent 150-200 cc commuter bike(dont want any premium sports bike) with ABS

Top Bottom