TVS Jupiter Titanium Grey BS-IV

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
Thank god you are alright !!
Scooter can be repaired,and it can be done without any big damage on your pocket.
Hope you had your helmet on during all that !

deville_56

Honoured Member
Hello everyone, hope you are doing well.

I am updating after a long time, I have got the new RC for my Jupiter last month and inbetween did another service. The mileage is around 40 kmpl in city riding.

I haven't been able to ride much due to lockdown here. We get only 4 hours time in morning to buy essential. And I will be working during that time so it doesn't go out. Few days back I fell down from Jupiter. I was gone out for some work and go got late so was in hurry to get back. There was no road and due to rain the path was cut due to water flow. I was in good speed and this comes suddenly and I applied brake. And in next moment I was sliding on road. Jupiter slipped and fell on left side, my knee landed and knee roll was badly hurt. Both palm and right elbow were bruised.

I stood up and got back home. My jeans was Torn, Jupiter was also damaged. The headlight visor was scratched, front panel was broken from left and Lower panel was also broken. Attaching pictures below

View attachment 286870 View attachment 286871 View attachment 286872

Now I want to repair it, I can't see it in this condition. Should I go with service center or buy parts from outside and get it fixed???

Which one will be better? I haven't driven it since I fell so have to see if handle is bent or not. And how much will it cost for these parts???
If you can source panel from either place, can purchase and simply replace. There will be some guy who contracts the denting and painting job for showroom, and they can do near or better than OE finish.

Thread Starter #155
Hello there,

2 days back Jupiter was parked outside the gate and at around 4am it started raining heavily. It was on Side stand and not on road, so when water level started increasing Jupiter fell down. Water level was below knee level when I saw in the morning water had entered inside headlight. I tried to start it but it didn't start I thought due to low fuel it is not starting.

I opened the visor and emptied water in headlight. Later I asked my brother to bring petrol and try to start it. When he opened the fuel tank cap there was water inside. Now I am unable to fill Petrol in it and can't take it to service center. I had tried to start it few times, is it harmful for engine if water + petrol mixture enter the combustion chamber?
Should I clean carburettor also?

One more query regarding spare parts is I have contacted few automobile shops in my town and they said they don't have it, so I asked in tvs service center and they said they don't have right now and have to place order, he was not sure when parts will arrive. I asked him how much will parts cost and he was not sure about pricing.

Where can I find these parts in Hyderabad? If anyone knows please help me.

Thanks

Attachments

Thread Starter #156
I kept the fuel tank cap open for sometime and then put a cloth in tank and let it soak the petrol. When all the petrol in tank was wiped out then I poured some fuel in it and tried to start it. It started and I kept it on idle for few minutes. Then again I started it and it took it out for a run but it turned off. After that it did not start.

I think the water+petrol mixture has gone inside combustion chamber and am worried about it.

Thread Starter #157
7th Service Update:

So, Yesterday I asked my mechanic to come and repair Jupiter. He came in and started his work. Removed seat and took out carburettor, there was some moisture in it and when he removed it's small parts there was some amount of water inside carb. Then he took out air filter and it also had water in it. Both these parts were cleaned with petrol and I suggested that petrol tank should be cleaned to avoid starting problem. It is very difficult to remove Petrol tank and many other parts had to be removed to get access to petrol tank. Finally he was able to take it out and wipe it, we dried the moisture inside using hair dryer.

I noticed some moisture inside the headlight glass and speedometer. Both were opened and dried. There is still some left in meter glass. After fitting all parts we tried to start it but it didn't start for sometime I was getting worried but thankfully it started, I was relieved now. Took it out and filled petrol in it. Meanwhile I had bought engine oil too because anyhow carb and air filter will be opened so it is better to change the oil now . Last service was done in March and since then it ran about 1250 km due to lockdown since last month and before that also I was going out only if it was something necessary.

Jupiter has crossed 25k Mark now, running perfectly. The mileage is around 40 kmpl, I don't know how people get 50+ on Jupiter, do share tips that you follow.

Thanks.
Stay safe.

7th Service Update:
Jupiter has crossed 25k Mark now, running perfectly. The mileage is around 40 kmpl, I don't know how people get 50+ on Jupiter, do share tips that you follow.

Thanks.
Stay safe.
My wife's jupiter returned 57kpl when i rode it at around 50-55kph (city + highway). I no longer measure the actual FE since usage is very low (mostly due to unsorted niggles since it was new). I keep tyre pressures at recommended level (24 psi front and 32 psi rear), gradually accelerate till 50-60kph and stay there. BTW disconnect combi brakes if you have it.

Last edited:
Hello everyone... Jupiter has run 7500 kms as of today and overall there are no complaints about the ride. It is running smooth, since last month usage has dropped as my dad is using it for his daily commute.

The only issue with my Jupiter is the vibration below 40kmph speed, when I go upto 50kmph there is no vibration at all. It goes upto 60 and above without any fuss. But it is not possible to drive at those speeds in city traffic.

I don't whether this happens with all Jupiter scooters or it is only in my scooter. I tried to make service advisor understand about the vibration but they didn't understand it. Also SA was pushing me for brake pads change and spark plug change during 3re service. Whereas recommended interval is 12000km.

TVS will call you after the service and ask you to rate them... If you rate them 8 out of 10 then person will say that again call will come and asks me to give higher rating. They will ask you to visit if any issue is not solved but their SA and mechanics don't understand what the problem is.

I wish TVS improve their after sales and service by hiring knowledgeable staff.
I am also having the vibration issue at low speed at 40km/hr. Did you solve it. How

Top Bottom