TVS Jupiter Titanium Grey BS-IV

Thread Starter #137
Hello Everyone, hope all are fine and doing good.

I needed suggestions from you as I want to change the rear tyre of my Jupiter. It has some life left but is losing grip in corners. So don't want to take risk and keep using it.

Which Tyre will be good?

CEAT MILAZE
Stock TVS Tyre
MRF or
Michellin City Pro/ Appollo?

Michelin City Pro is the best one for comfort, but threadwise life is short(Mine lasted only 11kkm).
TVS is pathetic, with grip and also life. (For me off from list).
MRF vs CEAT, both are great, currently, I am using Ceat Milaze in rear, while in front it is still stock TVS.

Note- For front tyres, don't go for thread pattern like that in Ceat Milaze, as it causes handle vibration and bumpiness to the ride.
For front, MRF(Zapper pattern) is better (The normal pattern).

Also , I use N2, and check monthly once, ensuring Tyre is given optimum care.

Thread Starter #139
Michelin City Pro is the best one for comfort, but threadwise life is short(Mine lasted only 11kkm).
TVS is pathetic, with grip and also life. (For me off from list).
MRF vs CEAT, both are great, currently, I am using Ceat Milaze in rear, while in front it is still stock TVS.

Note- For front tyres, don't go for thread pattern like that in Ceat Milaze, as it causes handle vibration and bumpiness to the ride.
For front, MRF(Zapper pattern) is better (The normal pattern).

Also , I use N2, and check monthly once, ensuring Tyre is given optimum care.
Thanks for your inputs, The front tyre can easily last another 10k km for me. The rear tyre needs replacement now.

Will go for either MRF or CEAT.

Thread Starter #140
8th Service Update & Jupiter Turns 2:

Hello TAI members, hope you all are safe. This week Jupiter turned 2 on 14th October. Have gone through many ups and downs in the last few months. I lost my father in the month of July, Jupiter was used by him mostly and it was very convenient for him to ride. That was the main reason we went for a scooter instead of bike.

In the two years it has covered 21000km. No breakdowns, not even puncture. Though had to replace battery twice and vibration issue. apart from these there are no issues. Two weeks ago got it serviced at TVS at 20383km, there were two things to address.

1. Indicator button was not working maybe due to standing in rain.
2. Suspension was hard.

Left it in the showroom in the morning and collected at 4pm. The bill was 650/_ and indicator was working properly now. The suspension still feels hard, maybe needs fork oil replacement. One thing I noticed is that the mileage has dropped after the service. It used to return around 40kmpl but not a full tank gives a range of 150-160km. Have mentioned this to the Service advisor also. Don't know what could be the reason for sudden drop in the mileage.

Thread Starter #142
TYRE UPGRADE :

Hello everyone, Hope you all are doing good. Few days back I have replaced the rear tyre of Jupiter.The stock tyre lasted for 21300 km went for CEAT MILAZE which costed me 1250 INR including fitting. While fitting when tyre was opened I found that one of the springs which hold the break pads was broken and there was so much dust in the drum. The showroom guys had not bothered to check the break during service.

The puncture shop guy suggested me to put a new spring soon so I went to replace it. During that I asked the mechanic to check the air filter too as I was sure that they did not clean it. I was right, I dont know since how many kms the air filter was not attended. Got it cleaned with air and petrol. The mechanic suggested to check Carburetor too so I agreed and when opened there was dirt inside . I was very upset with TVS AS&S as people leave their vehicles with trust that vehicle will be taken care of but what they do is just wash it from outside change Oil and give it back. The Oil was checked and it was very thin and had turned black in color. I had serviced the vehicle in September last week and it was just 40 days from servicing and hardly run 1000km. I dont know if Oil quality degrades so fast or it is just with TVS Oil.

The people at service center dont let you stand near the vehicle when it is being serviced and dont check vehicle properly. The local mechanic does a better job than them, dont know why they cheat customers. I dont wish to visit TVS AS&S in future.

Thread Starter #144
Which air filter had you replaced, the primary or secondary, if it is the secondary (washing with petrol is fine), but for primary, replacement is recommended.
It was primary Air filter which had accumulated lot of dust. It was once changed at 12000 km service and after that they might have not touched it. So I got it cleaned.

The primary air filter is a paper type filter right? Fabric/ Paper type filter can be cleaned with pressurized air, but I doubt whether petrol cleaning is Ok to go with.
Because the Paper filter has an oil coat, so cleaning with petrol will lose its properties. Fabric filters shouldn't be cleaned with petrol for sure.

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
It was primary Air filter which had accumulated lot of dust. It was once changed at 12000 km service and after that they might have not touched it. So I got it cleaned.
It's not supposed to be cleaned. Only replacement when dirty. There is a big sticker with same thing written on the air filter cover.

Thread Starter #147
Hello there,

My Jupiter's EMI was completed in December, now I have got the NOC from financier. I want to know how to get the new RC ( without hypothecation) and how much will it cost?

One agent told me it's about 800 rupees to get the new RC.

Thread Starter #148
Hello there,

Yesterday I visited the RTA office and submitted the documents for termination of hire purchase agreement. I had booked the slot online on the RTA website and the fee was 435 rupees.

Documents required were Original RC, Insurance Copy, Pollution Certificate and Aadhaar Card of the owner. Driving licence was mentioned in the documents but was not mandatory to submit.

Submitted the documents on the counter and then photo was taken and then they gave the receipt of the payment. Agents are charging 800-1200 to common people which is very high.

The new RC may arrive in 15 days time.

Thread Starter #149
Hello everyone, hope you are doing well.

I am updating after a long time, I have got the new RC for my Jupiter last month and inbetween did another service. The mileage is around 40 kmpl in city riding.

I haven't been able to ride much due to lockdown here. We get only 4 hours time in morning to buy essential. And I will be working during that time so it doesn't go out. Few days back I fell down from Jupiter. I was gone out for some work and go got late so was in hurry to get back. There was no road and due to rain the path was cut due to water flow. I was in good speed and this comes suddenly and I applied brake. And in next moment I was sliding on road. Jupiter slipped and fell on left side, my knee landed and knee roll was badly hurt. Both palm and right elbow were bruised.

I stood up and got back home. My jeans was Torn, Jupiter was also damaged. The headlight visor was scratched, front panel was broken from left and Lower panel was also broken. Attaching pictures below

IMG-20210528-WA0017.jpg
IMG-20210528-WA0016.jpg
IMG-20210528-WA0015.jpg

Now I want to repair it, I can't see it in this condition. Should I go with service center or buy parts from outside and get it fixed???

Which one will be better? I haven't driven it since I fell so have to see if handle is bent or not. And how much will it cost for these parts???

Top Bottom