TVS Jupiter Titanium Grey BS-IV

Thread Starter #1
Hello everyone, I have bought new TVS Jupiter on 14th October.I would like to give you a brief history of my ride, I owned Hero Honda Splendor since 2011 and it was 19 years old and run more than 1.5 lakh kilometres it lost its power and pick up and engine overhaul was due, also front shock absorbers were gone. It was a pain for me to ride it on our roads if pillion was there then bike will not pull in second gear. Still it was a no nonsense bike giving decent mileage of about 60km per litre. I wanted to repair it but dad said its enough now and we should consider a new vehicle.

Vehicles considerd were :

1: Bajaj Platina comfortec - The 5 year free insurance offer from Bajaj was exciting and dad was keen to buy it as it is within our budget and gives great mileage along with comfort. I have ride platina and liked its engine but I did not want to go for a 100 cc engine again, the reason being my family members are a bit heavy and again the small 100cc engine will not take the load easily.

2: Honda Shine 125cc - I visited the showroom and got quotation for Honda Shine, its cost 76k on road. Few of my friends own Shine and they complained about Chain Sprocket problem with their bike so I dropped it from list

3: TVS Jupiter - I never got chance to ride this scooter but whenever I read reviews about it, they were positive. The main reason I chose this was it was easier for my father to drive as I will be using it for at least 8 years. My father is 56 years old now and it's becoming uncomfortable for him to ride bike so I though why not buy a scooter.
PROS :

Few other features to note here are external fuel filling, it's a great feature as you do not have to lift the seat to fill petrol.

12 inch alloy wheels provide you better handling.

Econometer and Power Indicator given you the idea when you are burning more fuel. When you go hard at throttle the orange light gloves indicating that you are extracting more power, green light indicates that you are running in economy range.

Cons : I have observed that the centre stand comes in contact with speed breakers sometimes also when I try to park in my house, the bike has to climb 3 feet steep so while going up, stand touches the floor.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Re: TVS Jupiter Titanium Grey BSIV

Welcome to TAI & Congratulations on your new ride[clap]

TVS Jupiter - good selection.

I had TVS Wego which I have used for 2 years and then given to my nephew who has been riding it for the last 3 years, no major complaints so far (I couldn't recollect any such incidence, i.e. center stand scratching on speed breakers - I think, Wego and Jupter are of the same dimension like 12 inch Wheels etc.

Lets see opinion from other owners if they too had the center stand problem[roll]

I have been using jupiter since 5 years and completing 51K on the odo and havent faced this issue on my ride till now.Maybe you should get it checked with the ASS it might have got loosed or not fitted properly.

Thread Starter #4
It took 3 days for me to convince my dad to buy jupiter, he was in favour of platina but I managed to convince him to buy jupiter.

He gave in and asked me to get quotation from TVS motors so I went and got quotation from them. Jupiter on road price here is 72001 and 2850 for extra fitting. The extra cost here is due to Supreme Court order which says all vehicles should have 5 year insurance. Ex showroom price in Mahabunagar Telangana is about 58000.

Next thing was to choose color, jupiter is available in 7 colours for basic model and 2 colours for ZX variant, 2 colours of Classic edition variant, 2 new colours for Grande edition.

Glossy finish colors were ruled out because after 2 or 3 years they look dull and it does not look good. I personally did not like Purple color of ZX variant, being floor panel looks good to the eye but gets dirty easily so did not consider it. I was thinking of doing with white or black color but white was not available so opted for Titanium Grey color with matt finish. Jupiter looks best in this color, everyone in my family liked this colour.

Visited TVS motors with my father on Sunday morning 10.30am and formalities were done, vehicle was ready but ID proofs needed to be verified, it took some time and meanwhile we returned home and had lunch. They called me after 3 pm and we went there paid the amount, photograph was taken and we left the showroom.

They filled the tank with 500ml petrol (I confirmed this with sales guy) and from there took sweet box and visited nearby petrol pump and filled 4 litres of petrol. Till now 130 kilometres done and have not calculated mileage. Will update once I refill.

Things I observed so far :

Seat is very comfortable compared to Activa. Recently I rode on Activa for 140 kilometres up and down after the journey my back was aching. I have not taken Jupiter for any long drive but felt comfort sitting on short rides in city.

The telescopic front suspension and gas charged shock absorber at rear do their job decently and absorb bumps. You will not feel the minor road undulations, th bike will glide over them. However you will feel big speed breaks if you cross them at speed. Just slow down before the pot hole and you will cross it comfortably.

I have not gone past 50 speed as scooter is in run in period so have not tested high speed stability.

The rear tail light bulb glows always, when you turn the key to ON position, it starts glowing. Is it normal or should I check it with ASS?

Welcome to TAI & Congratulations on your new ride[clap]

TVS Jupiter - good selection.

I had TVS Wego which I have used for 2 years and then given to my nephew who has been riding it for the last 3 years, no major complaints so far (I couldn't recollect any such incidence, i.e. center stand scratching on speed breakers - I think, Wego and Jupter are of the same dimension like 12 inch Wheels etc.

Lets see opinion from other owners if they too had the center stand problem[roll]

The rear tail light bulb glows always, when you turn the key to ON position, it starts glowing. Is it normal or should I check it with ASS?

It will glow always as is the feature given in new jupiter compared to earlier ones that i have where it is does not glow without brakes applied.Its default so dont worry about it.

Nairrk

Honoured Member

As Vijay said, the old ones don't have that feature.

May be the headlights 'ON' feature when you start the engine which is a new set up in two wheelers and this one (tail light glowing on positioning the key on 'ON' position ) also can be a new feature given to all new scooters and /or bikes

Thread Starter #9
Congrats on your Jupiter, nice colour.

Do get the chrome rear and front body guard, it saves the scooter from the daily dings and dent's.
Thank you Nanofreak, I was to get it from dealer but he quoted 2800 for it. I will get it from other autoparts shop. Can you suggest seat cover color for it?

Yesterday it rained here and water was stored inside handle bar... I hope it does not damage any electricals.
My jupiter has been driven and had been parked in much heavy rains during my almost 5 years of ownership and i havent faced any issue with water getting stored inside handle bar nor any electricals damages so far.Water would flow out from the passage and nothing would halm the wiring there.

Last edited:

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Yesterday it rained here and water was stored inside handle bar... I hope it does not damage any electricals.
Don't worry, nothing will happen. The Water will not get stored inside permanently, it will flow out (Two wheelers are meant for driving during the rainy season and many occasions we need to park in the open /roadside - so don't worry about water sweeping or storing anywhere in the scooter).

Thread Starter #15
Yes I have bought the standard variant of Jupiter.

Waiting for Registration and Insurance papers, visited the showroom on Wednesday but they asked me to visit again as Dussehra holidays are going on that is why delayed.

Top Bottom