TVS Jupiter Titanium Grey BS-IV

Thread Starter #31
No doubt Activa has the smoothest engine among all Scooters and also it is very reliable in long term. It cannot be denied.

Regarding the extra road tax, initially it was 9% but I was asked to pay 5% more because I already owned a vehicle (bike).

I had already sold the bike before buying Jupiter, I thought the buyer will transfer the bike to his name but I should not have trusted him. It took a lot of phone calls and visits to make him transfer the vehicle. And one more thing is he got it transferred without my signature. I don't know how he did that, maybe using fake signature.

Thread Starter #32
Hello everyone, just wanted to share this news with all Jupiter owners.

TVS Jupiter sales have hit an all-time high last month as 1,02,132 units were sold at 26 percent YoY growth.

That's just amazing numbers for it. It sales has been increasing at a healthy rate. It is still far behind Activa but this scooter is Value for money. With addition of Grande edition, it now offers Semi digital instrument console, along with 9 color options to choose from.

No doubt Activa has the smoothest engine among all Scooters and also it is very reliable in long term. It cannot be denied.

Regarding the extra road tax, initially it was 9% but I was asked to pay 5% more because I already owned a vehicle (bike).

I had already sold the bike before buying Jupiter, I thought the buyer will transfer the bike to his name but I should not have trusted him. It took a lot of phone calls and visits to make him transfer the vehicle. And one more thing is he got it transferred without my signature. I don't know how he did that, maybe using fake signature.
Fake signature would have been the only way around...

Today, morning one's signature is no more a hard nut to crack...

Last edited:
Thread Starter #34
Hello everyone, it's been a long time since I last updated the thread. Actually I had forgotten the password and couldn't sign in here.

The Jupiter is running fine clocking miles. As of today the odometer reads 4850 kms in around 4 months. That is more than 1000 kilometres per month of running.

Jupiter got its second service last month at 3400 km. I got it serviced at another branch of tvs which is near to my place. The bill paid was 340 and oil was changed, water washing was also included. But the new service center guys didn't wash it properly as I could see oil stains on the body when receiving the scooter.

A minor problem which I observed was when I drive it around speeds of 40, I feel like something is rubbing with wheel. Maybe it was brake pads or something else I could feel the vibration of rub when riding. But it will disappear when I increased the speed. I mentioned that to service advisor but the issue still remains like that.

Recently mileage dropped to below 40 and I was worried because before the service it returned around 45kmpl and after servicing it returned 38kmpl. But the culprit was tyre air pressure. It was only once I checked air pressure since buying so I decided to check air pressure. After setting the air pressure mileage has increased to 47kmpl. And I am happy with the figures.

More to come in the next post...

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
Hello everyone, it's been a long time since I last updated the thread. Actually I had forgotten the password and couldn't sign in here.
A minor problem which I observed was when I drive it around speeds of 40, I feel like something is rubbing with wheel. Maybe it was brake pads or something else I could feel the vibration of rub when riding. But it will disappear when I increased the speed. I mentioned that to service advisor but the issue still remains like that.
ASS have a habit of over-tightening the brakes at every service.They did it with my Activa too.I almost had a fall when I started driving it back home.So keep that in mind too.

Thread Starter #37
Hello everyone...

I actually had a minor accident in December last year. I was riding between 20-25 kmph when suddenly a biker came from a small lane from my left. Actually its not even a road but 3 feet left between 2 adjacent Houses. I couldn't see him because there was a tree and car parked under it, that guy came from behind car. And it just happened in fraction of seconds. I tried to brake but I ended up crashing into his front wheel.

Due to impact I was pushed forward and jupiter fell on the right side after hitting. I had bruises around my stomach. The guy was saying that I should have come slowly. I didn't argue with him because my sister had also fallen down. He ran away from there.

Thread Starter #38
5000 Kilometers Milestone : Hello everyone I have a news to share with you and that is, my Jupiter has completed its 5000 kilometres yesterday. From last two top ups the mileage I got is around 47kmpl which is fantastic figure considering that I don't take it out on the highway. All the running has been within city only.

Resizer_15509054276830.jpg

Thread Starter #39
Front view of my Jupiter... The clear lens reflector headlight has very good throw and illuminates the road well. You don't need to upgrade to 55 w bulbs.
Resizer_15511522124760.jpg

Front view of my Jupiter.
Resizer_15511526776760.jpg

Front right Indicator :
Resizer_15511526776762.jpg

Rear view from the right :
Resizer_15511526776761.jpg

Resizer_15511526776765.jpg

The front left fendor clip was broken when the biker came in and I hit his front tyre...
Resizer_15511526776765.jpg

Last edited:
Thread Starter #41
Very unique color. Its looking to be made of hulking metal and not plastic. Nice tone.
Thanks bhvm, of all the colours available, white and black were ruled out by family members as most of the scooters out there are black or white. I didn't like red and blue so was left with Grey.

But it attracts dust easily, you need to wipe out dust everyday. On the other side you just need to wash it with water and it's back in original shine.

Thread Starter #42
I have a query regarding the insurance, I have 5 years of insurance for my Jupiter in which 1st year is full insurance. So can I replace the damaged front fendor under insurance?

If not under insurance then how much does it cost to change?

Thread Starter #43
Hell everyone, I am facing an issue with my Jupiter I don't know if it is common along all scooters or not.

I usually drive around 40kmph and I feel some vibration / rubbing from wheels. I think it's break pads rubbing with drum. But when I cruise at 50kmph I don't feel anything. The scooter runs smoothly.

Externally there is no mark on tyre of rubbing. I had asked SA during second service to check it but he said its normal.

Also when I put it on center stand and try to rotate the rear tyre, it does not rotate easily, I have to put lot of effort to rotate the wheel. If anyone have faced the same issue or know how to solve it then please let me know.

Top Bottom