TVS Fiero Lovers

I've raced on the version 1.[thumbsup] Its light and agile on the loose gravel. Not powerful enough for my kind of riding still. I never owned one though.

Re: Fiero Lovers

here i am to join u all .i have a 2000 model suzuki . still a sleek bike using this from my college days its a very good bike initially i had some problems with the carboretor the problem is rectified now .the best ride during my college days was which i cannot forget is we made a tour from mangalore to bangalore tour it came around 1000 km up down and around .when the fiero was replaced by tvs it changed thers no punch in the bike. those who have suzuki name on the fuel tank is the best bike one could have.even now when i take it for service the service guys ask me do u want to sell it .me quiet attached to this bike.

Thread Starter #6

here i am to join u all .i have a 2000 model suzuki . still a sleek bike using this from my college days its a very good bike initially i had some problems with the carboretor the problem is rectified now .the best ride during my college days was which i cannot forget is we made a tour from mangalore to bangalore tour it came around 1000 km up down and around .when the fiero was replaced by tvs it changed thers no punch in the bike. those who have suzuki name on the fuel tank is the best bike one could have.even now when i take it for service the service guys ask me do u want to sell it .me quiet attached to this bike.
dude nice to hear you still have the Fiero with you!! its like wine, the older it is, the better it gets!!

i have a 2003 model TVS Fiero F2. it has crossed 75,000kms. still the engine is so good, just like when it was in its 1st yr!! But i always feel that tvs/suzuki should have given the fiero a much needed 5th gear.

i am planning to keep my bike for as long as possible....

Fiero has two versions Fiero and Fiero F2, I feel the initial model is sleek and looks great and that too in silver simply superb. My close friend owns a Fiero which he recently brought for 6k.
I think it has 3 versions 1. suzuki fierro 2.tvs fiero type1 3. then came the type two .If my memories are correct [:D]

I own a suzuki fiero silver colour from 2002 done about 1.3 lakh kms still going good but spares are rare .she had been waiting one or two months in service center for a couple of times .Even though I have very good friends inside the service center [frustration].?
No engine or gearbox problem ever.

Now may switch over to cbr250r if it had a reasonable mileage or else my darling will be with me as long as possible .

I think it has 3 versions 1. suzuki fierro 2.tvs fiero type1 3. then came the type two .If my memories are correct [:D]

I own a suzuki fiero silver colour from 2002 done about 1.3 lakh kms still going good but spares are rare .she had been waiting one or two months in service center for a couple of times .Even though I have very good friends inside the service center [frustration].?
No engine or gearbox problem ever.

Now may switch over to cbr250r if it had a reasonable mileage or else my darling will be with me as long as possible .
Last model fiero came out from TVS is Fiero Fx. It was looking nice with the superb round headlight and cromium finished meter, mirror & head light. No differnce in engine with Fiero F2. Stil my friend owns one.
I think fiero's came out in the below order

1. Suzuki fiero
2.TVS Fiero
3.TVS Fiero F2
4.TVS Fiero Fx

Last edited:
I am trying to buy a Fiero and will be converting it to 200 cc. Will post a review as soon as I get hold of one.
Any specific reason to choose Fiero for a big bore project? IMO the 150cc itself is badly in need of a 5th Gear (over drive) Or, adding a 5th gear is already in your list?

hi guys,
Me tooooo..., owning a classic fiero (Suzuki Fiero) scooty headlight type :), October 2000 model, red colour, With 113000kms on the clock and still running fine.

some points regards to my bike,
1. never changed the clutch plates till now, giving satisfactory performance and mileage too.
2. never changed the front brakes to date.
3. changed the tyres once only at around 70000 kms.
4. Had to change the CARBURETOR at 80000 kms.
5. Still on original rims and spokes and still are almost true.
6. no adjustments need for tappets till date.
7. Had got the drive chain changed in warranty at around 3000 kms. , one of the links had broken in he middle. Still running on the same chain and sprocket set.
8. had got the rear shocks changed in the suzuki free camp in that day. First it had black shoaks then changed to silver ones. still using the same.

cant let it go, i dont think there is another bike in the market which is as well built and has a forgiving nature.

will post remaining, cant remember now, [;)]

regards

mandar

I am trying to buy a Fiero and will be converting it to 200 cc. Will post a review as soon as I get hold of one.
All the very best for that ! Get the Fiero FX with oodles of Chrome ! But Gears,You need 6 Gears.I somehow think you can use the 4 Valve head and the Fuel Injection from the RTR 200.

LOng time no see Bharath where were u all these days. YEs it was one hell of a bike in its time i simply loved the silver colour fierro my friend still owns one fitted with a RD handle. i was in my college days when this bike was launched and my roomate got this bike when he cleared the first sem exams. lots and lots of ride memories.
@peter any specific reason for the conversion and why a fierro when there are more powerful bikes in the market now??

Any specific reason to choose Fiero for a big bore project? IMO the 150cc itself is badly in need of a 5th Gear (over drive) Or, adding a 5th gear is already in your list?
@peter any specific reason for the conversion and why a fierro when there are more powerful bikes in the market now??
Reasons
- It's my first project and has been done by many (see the thread on XBHP). So not much trial and error.
- Quite simple. Just rebore the original block and fit a Pulsar 220 Piston.
- If something goes wrong I can just put a new 180 Bore kit from the Apache RTR180
- The bike is cheap.
- It's a project to keep me occupied in the monsoons. I know there are more powerful bikes. I already own a Duke 390.

All the very best for that ! Get the Fiero FX with oodles of Chrome ! But Gears,You need 6 Gears.I somehow think you can use the 4 Valve head and the Fuel Injection from the RTR 200.
I hate extra chrome.

Top Bottom