Turbo Charger For Maruti 800

The K6A head fits the F8B with slight mods. Its a DOHC. but trying to source it in India is next to impossible.

The F10A is a awesome engine to swap in. Same goes for the G13B. Both are available cheap, and Real Fun.

DIY Catch Can - made from automotive scrap

Its been quite sometime that I updated my M800 turbo thread.

Last christmas, I decided to gift my M800 a homemade “Catch Can”. So I made one with some donated automotive junk. The idea was to add a PCV catch can in line with the system to collect oil by condensing oil vapor on its way to the intake. This helps reduce gunk from being sucked back into the engine.

Big thanks to the A/C service guy who gave me a discarded aluminum can. My mechanic gave me a plastic valve cover cap with a breather, I think its from a Mahindra not sure though. Removed a hose fitting from a busted Ford Ikon fuel pump. The only thing I bought new was a fuel tap (Rs 48/-)

1. Cut open the aluminum A/C can, emptied and cleaned it well.
2. Drilled a hole on top of the plastic valve cover cap to accept a metal hose fitting.
3. Modified the valve cover O-ring seats to make the O-rings snug fit onto the aluminum can.
4. Cut a piece of hose to run from valve cover breather side to about 3/4th into the aluminum can
5. Made baffles from steel rolled mesh to trap oil vapor
6. A thick closely woven layer of metal mesh was installed on the underside of the plastic cap.
7. A losely fit layer of metal mesh was installed below the top layer, about 3-4 inch into the can
8. Drilled 2 holes on the top of the can. Small screws were inserted to safely secure the plastic top.
9. Installed Catch Can setup behind the intake plenum with a bracket
10. Connected valve cover breather to the rubber hose that goes into the aluminum can
11. Connected metal hose fitting on top to air filter piping before turbo.
12. Drilled and installed a new fuel tap below the aluminum can to drain out trapped oil periodically.

Thats it. My fully functional catch can from discarded auto scrap !!

Attachments

Top Bottom